Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

Documented right to her, Old Lady decides she cannot answer....

So I'll help....

The Marshall Islands sit on the "lip" of the tectonic formation known as the Pacific Ring of Fire....

In 3 million years, the Marshall Islands will not just be under the ocean, they will be under the EARTH's CRUST....

Day 1: Post Paris Pullout

I managed to get to Grand Central carefully avoiding the tsunami of ice-melt water from both the Arctic and Antarctic, I mean they're both melting now, right? Did everyone else manage get to where they were going?

How long before these come with 'Liberalism' membership card???

GT_880W827_00.jpg

Protective Rubber Boots: Gen Use, D (Men's Regular) Shoe Wd, 11 Men's Size, Men, Plain, 16 in Shoe Ht, PVC, Black, 1 PR

Item # 880W827

$15.74 1 Pair

It has gotten higher a couple times since then but I don't think its pushing the warming.
But thanks for the link anyways!
Maybe you can post something that is more relevant to what it is being discussed?
You asked for facts. I give you facts. Now you say it's not what we're discussing.
You realize that was about the sun, right? We are talking about man...You know, humans, people, you & me?
If the sun isn't causing the rise in temps, what is? Is there another cause possible other than humans? I guess with you I shouldn't assume anything.
See? This is what I meant this being a "religion"
"well, there is no explanation so it must be humans"
Come on OL... That isn't fact..lol It is ignorance. There is actually a pretty BIG difference between the two :D
What caused the rise in temps before humans? You realize our species isn't billions of years old?
Roughly 20,000 years ago the great ice sheets that buried much of Asia, Europe and North America stopped their creeping advance. Within a few hundred years sea levels in some places had risen by as much as 10 meters—more than if the ice sheet that still covers Greenland were to melt today. This freshwater flood filled the North Atlantic and also shut down the ocean currents that conveyed warmer water from equatorial regions northward. The equatorial heat warmed the precincts of Antarctica in the Southern Hemisphere instead, shrinking the fringing sea ice and changing the circumpolar winds. As a result—and for reasons that remain unexplained—the waters of the Southern Ocean may have begun to release carbon dioxide, enough to raise concentrations in the atmosphere by more than 100 parts per million over millennia—roughly equivalent to the rise in the last 200 years. That CO2 then warmed the globe, melting back the continental ice sheets and ushering in the current climate that enabled humanity to thrive.

That, at least, is the story told by a new paper published in Nature on April 5 that reconstructs the end of the last ice age. Researchers examined sediment cores collected from deep beneath the sea and from lakes as well as the tiny bubbles of ancient air trapped inside ice cores taken from Antarctica, Greenland and elsewhere. (Scientific American is part of Nature Publishing Group.) The research suggests that—contrary to some prior findings—CO2 led the prior round of global warming rather than vice versa, just as it continues to do today thanks to rising emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases.
What Thawed the Last Ice Age?

This one seems to speak to your particular question, except they aren't completely sure. It wasn't cars, for sure, that caused it. However, there doesn't look to have ever been an increase so rapid in 200 years. That's where we seem to come in. You'll like this article if you haven't already seen it.
Climate myths: It’s been far warmer in the past, what’s the big deal?
So, its the fastest rise that we know of, yet, we only contribute 5% of warming? Hmmm
Also, warming creates higher c02. Which, in turn, would cause the PPM to rise.
See, we don't know where the warming is coming from. Again, just trying to fill in holes with "humans did it"

we don't know where the warming is coming from.

The FRAUD of Global (non) Warming is the deliberate misinterpretation of the URBAN HEAT SINK EFFECT on the SURFACE GROUND TEMPERATURE SERIES, the only series showing any warming in the RAW (unFUDGED) DATA.

As urban areas grow, they warm on the surface, as trees, grass and rocks are replaced with highways, warm buildings, factories etc.

The Urban Heat Island Effect

"The sun and the city make for dangerous heat. It's called the Urban Heat Island Effect.

It causes temperatures in the city to be 1 to 10 degrees warmer than in rural areas.

Asphalt, buildings, and the lack of trees create a hotter environment for people in urban areas."

And, so, if you just measure temps in the center of growing urban areas, you get "warming" even though the ATMOSPHERE is NOT WARMING....

Gee, ummmm, what do we gain? Let me think......... LOWER EMISSIONS? Could that be it? Wow.
We put the planet in the condition it is. Accept responsibility for that instead of whining like a little girl. We, along with other developed nations, helped create this mess, we should help clean it up.

Dude, you think in a vacuum. How do we gain lower emissions if the main polluters are not going to cut back as we already have? The USA has already spent decades and vast fortunes to clean up our pollution. But we are talking about CO2 here, you can't see it, you can't smell it, and it makes no fucking difference if we have 0.04% or a little more or less! Don't you get it that CO2 is PLANT FOOD! We have 400 parts per MILLION. Ten-thousand years ago it was still 300 parts per million. DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT CO2 has gone from harmless, necessary and good to a planet-wide disaster with the addition of just 100 more atoms per million???????

If that were the case, the Earth's climate would never survive or recover from a single volcanic eruption, much less a super-volcano!

And how does the Paris Accord lower CO2 by 2/10ths of a percent if there is only 0.04% (four-hundredths) in our air to begin with? Is it BRAIN DAMAGE that prevents you from understanding what a scam this is, or are you just such a gullible, bleeding heart environmentalist that you just have to blindly go along with anything "environmental?"

Besides, Trump is not against the Accord if they are willing to make it more fair to the USA. Meantime, we lead the world in emissions and pollution control and will continue to do so.

And, we have cleaned up our act. We are state of the art. It is the Chinese, India and other 2nd world industrialized countries that are polluting like mad---- if you don't like it, go bitch and whine to them.
I get it. We grew & reached the levels we have today through polluting the fuck out of the planet to the point we face climate change & now developing country must quit any development, growth, and providing their country with that same level of coverage that we have.

The Paris Accord does not talk about lowering the percent of CO2 by .2%. It talks about degrees C .

But I am the one with brain damage. You are a special kind of stupid who should consider getting better informed.Just how stupid can you get?

Trump has already put in motion deregulation that would increase of emissions of greenhouse gases. The idiot wants us to burn more coal!

You asked for facts. I give you facts. Now you say it's not what we're discussing.
You realize that was about the sun, right? We are talking about man...You know, humans, people, you & me?
If the sun isn't causing the rise in temps, what is? Is there another cause possible other than humans? I guess with you I shouldn't assume anything.
Come on OL... That isn't fact..lol It is ignorance. There is actually a pretty BIG difference between the two :D
What caused the rise in temps before humans? You realize our species isn't billions of years old?
Roughly 20,000 years ago the great ice sheets that buried much of Asia, Europe and North America stopped their creeping advance. Within a few hundred years sea levels in some places had risen by as much as 10 meters—more than if the ice sheet that still covers Greenland were to melt today. This freshwater flood filled the North Atlantic and also shut down the ocean currents that conveyed warmer water from equatorial regions northward. The equatorial heat warmed the precincts of Antarctica in the Southern Hemisphere instead, shrinking the fringing sea ice and changing the circumpolar winds. As a result—and for reasons that remain unexplained—the waters of the Southern Ocean may have begun to release carbon dioxide, enough to raise concentrations in the atmosphere by more than 100 parts per million over millennia—roughly equivalent to the rise in the last 200 years. That CO2 then warmed the globe, melting back the continental ice sheets and ushering in the current climate that enabled humanity to thrive.

That, at least, is the story told by a new paper published in Nature on April 5 that reconstructs the end of the last ice age. Researchers examined sediment cores collected from deep beneath the sea and from lakes as well as the tiny bubbles of ancient air trapped inside ice cores taken from Antarctica, Greenland and elsewhere. (Scientific American is part of Nature Publishing Group.) The research suggests that—contrary to some prior findings—CO2 led the prior round of global warming rather than vice versa, just as it continues to do today thanks to rising emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases.

This one seems to speak to your particular question, except they aren't completely sure. It wasn't cars, for sure, that caused it. However, there doesn't look to have ever been an increase so rapid in 200 years. That's where we seem to come in. You'll like this article if you haven't already seen it.
So, its the fastest rise that we know of, yet, we only contribute 5% of warming? Hmmm
See, we don't know where the warming is coming from. Again, just trying to fill in holes with "humans did it"

So now to go from just being stupid to being an asshole.

Show me where im wrong perhaps?

I see that, but don't you think that since the Industrial Revolution we have introduced so much C02 emitting technology that it would make sense to pinpoint it as a probable factor for the rise? You aren't denying that burning fossil fuels lets off C02 are you? You can't deny that since the Industrial Revolution we are doing lots more of that, yes? So it's certainly part of it, TN, even if the oceans are mysteriously belching up some more.

Show me where im wrong perhaps?
Been done.

I see that, but don't you think that since the Industrial Revolution we have introduced so much C02 emitting technology that it would make sense to pinpoint it as a probable factor for the rise? You aren't denying that burning fossil fuels lets off C02 are you? You can't deny that since the Industrial Revolution we are doing lots more of that, yes? So it's certainly part of it, TN, even if the oceans are mysteriously belching up some more.
Absolutely. But FIVE PERCENT? I don't know why you keep ignoring that VALUABLE info..

we don't know where the warming is coming from.

The FRAUD of Global (non) Warming is the deliberate misinterpretation of the URBAN HEAT SINK EFFECT on the SURFACE GROUND TEMPERATURE SERIES, the only series showing any warming in the RAW (unFUDGED) DATA.

As urban areas grow, they warm on the surface, as trees, grass and rocks are replaced with highways, warm buildings, factories etc.

The Urban Heat Island Effect

"The sun and the city make for dangerous heat. It's called the Urban Heat Island Effect.

It causes temperatures in the city to be 1 to 10 degrees warmer than in rural areas.

Asphalt, buildings, and the lack of trees create a hotter environment for people in urban areas."

And, so, if you just measure temps in the center of growing urban areas, you get "warming" even though the ATMOSPHERE is NOT WARMING....
Scientists take these matters into account.

It kills & Sickens thousands of Americans every year

It did a long time ago. The mines today are a lot safer and "healthier."

It heightens global warming

Funny, the actual data from the two and only two measures of atmospheric temperature showed NO WARMING until your heroes FUDGED BOTH with UNCORRELATED "corrections..."

Key claim against global warming evaporates

"satellite and weather balloon data have actually suggested the opposite, that the atmosphere was (very slightly) cooling"

That is what THE DATA said before your side once again INDULGED in

It kills & Sickens thousands of Americans every year

It did a long time ago. The mines today are a lot safer and "healthier."

It heightens global warming

Funny, the actual data from the two and only two measures of atmospheric temperature showed NO WARMING until your heroes FUDGED BOTH with UNCORRELATED "corrections..."

Key claim against global warming evaporates

"satellite and weather balloon data have actually suggested the opposite, that the atmosphere was (very slightly) cooling"

That is what THE DATA said before your side once again INDULGED in

Air pollution from coal fired generation plants sick & kills thousands of Americans every year. The mercury pollution is liked to autism.

Your balloon crap has been widely debunked as a reason global warming is not real.

Absolutely. But FIVE PERCENT? I don't know why you keep ignoring that VALUABLE info..
I'm not sure why 5% is hanging you up so badly. Doesn't seem enough to you? Without it, there would be 5% less and the climate wouldn't be zipping toward fry time. What is wrong with 5% to you?

Forum List

Back