Trump says he is likely to support end to federal ban on marijuana

My opinion is I don't like the stuff, I don't touch it and I don't think it is a healthy life choice. However, beer and cigarettes are also bad for your health and I have a real problem with over prescriptions people take for various pains and the like. I don't take any of the above, might drink a beer or two a year, zero inhalation of anything.

I don't want to weight in too heavily on this issue as I am on the fence. I can say, it is legal in Canada now, and it didn't alter my life one iota. I still don't touch the stuff. Adults are going to make up their own minds on the issue, and it's becoming an increasingly popular opinion in many places to just legalize it.

I think politically, it's a win for him. He will have support of many libertarians (a segment I believe he has expanded since his win) and of course, with Independents. Is he suggesting this be an issue for each state, but the Feds stay out of the issue? That would allow the Feds to focus on far more serious issues.

Trump has never been a hard right, Neo-Cons, that's for sure so this doesn't surprise me. When people hear me they say "oh you're a Conservative", and I suggest "it depends on the issue". Citizens aren't predefined by some artificial label and only a real lemmings is 100% supportive of a party or ideology.

Anyways, I think politically this is a boon for him, even as I am indifferent/not excited by the premise of people smoking the stuff. I smelled it alot more in the air just walking to the store, in a relatively suburban subdivision since Trudeau legalized it. However, only for the first couple of weeks or so. it's like grandma and grandpa decided to try it out finally in the secrecy of their backyard lol.

I don't care about it either. If you want to smoke dope, then smoke it.

I agree it would be a boon for him among many.

[QUOTE="martybegan, post: 21313713, member: 23094”]Yeah, that isn't reasonable either.

Not sure if troll, or just fascist.[/QUOTE]

Neither. Authoritarian Conservative.

Sorry bout that,

1. The rapes of the criminal courts in America on Hippies and Indians must END!
  2. Smoke the peace pipe and chill out, or smoke it not.
  3. Tonight this very night 500 people will die from some fault of a drunk, be it themselves or some innocent folks.
  4. Each day 200 or more people will find out they have lung cancer, yes they smoked 30 years, and smoked two packs a day.
  5. Need anymore reasons to legalize marijuana?
  6. That should be all you need unless you are a dumb ass!
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Those are reasons to make alcohol and tobacco ILLEGAL; which I agree with. They are not reasons to make marijuana (or any other drug) legal.

Yeah bc the prohibition of alcohol worked so great the first time around...

Sorry bout that,

3. Tonight this very night 500 people will die from some fault of a drunk, be it themselves or some innocent folks.
  4. Each day 200 or more people will find out they have lung cancer, yes they smoked 30 years, and smoked two packs a day.
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Those are reasons to make alcohol and tobacco ILLEGAL; which I agree with. They are not reasons to make marijuana (or any other drug) legal.

Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana are all dangerous. We've already gone down the prohibition road. I drink wine and brew beer sometimes but would never think about making it illegal.

Compared to alcohol, marijuana is not very dangerous at all. You can’t overdose and there’s no comparison when it comes to driving under the influence of alcohol compared to marijuana... not that people should drive while stoned but it’s nothing like driving while drunk.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana are all dangerous. We've already gone down the prohibition road. I drink wine and brew beer sometimes but would never think about making it illegal.

Compared to alcohol, marijuana is not very dangerous at all. You can’t overdose and there’s no comparison when it comes to driving under the influence of alcohol compared to marijuana... not that people should drive while stoned but it’s nothing like driving while drunk.

Marijuana is extremely dangerous and more toxic to the lungs than tobacco. However, it should be legal just as alcohol and tobacco. We've already done prohibition and it didn't work .

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Marijuana is extremely dangerous and more toxic to the lungs than tobacco.

Besides that how is it dangerous?

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

There are hundreds of empirical studies on the dangers and harm of marijuana smoke. One is artery expansion.

Trump says he is likely to support ending blanket federal ban on marijuana

How did I never see any major coverage on this? Guessing media was still playing with themselves over the election results I guess.
It’ll be funny if that ends up as Trump’s only legacy. I doubt the terrified rubes of the GOP will vote for it, but if they do and Trump signs it I’ll tip my hat.

Democrats will have the House majority. Only four Republicans will need to cross over in the Senate. Rand Paul definitely will and I would bet Ben Sasse will too. Get Collins and Murkowski and it's done.

Democrats will have the House majority. Only four Republicans will need to cross over in the Senate. Rand Paul definitely will and I would bet Ben Sasse will too. Get Collins and Murkowski and it's done.

At which point every single one of them, up to and including POTUS should be dragged out of their office and posted on a stake, Vlad Tepes style, on the National Mall.

Trump says he is likely to support ending blanket federal ban on marijuana

How did I never see any major coverage on this? Guessing media was still playing with themselves over the election results I guess.
It’ll be funny if that ends up as Trump’s only legacy. I doubt the terrified rubes of the GOP will vote for it, but if they do and Trump signs it I’ll tip my hat.

They've got Collins, for sure. Although she may not like it, Maine voted for recreational marijuana two years ago and it is being instituted. I'm sure she wants to see the state raking in all the bucks it can, without a lot of hassle.
You will be surprised, though, I bet, that not all Dems are going to go for this idea. It is not popular in a lot of states.

There are hundreds of empirical studies on the dangers and harm of marijuana smoke. One is artery expansion.

Marijuana usage also has benefits. People will pollute their bodies if they choose to and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about that. Look up the quantity of deaths caused by marijuana compared to those caused by alcohol within a period of time and get back to me. There is NO comparison.

Marijuana usage also has benefits. People will pollute their bodies if they choose to and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about that. Look up the quantity of deaths caused by marijuana compared to those caused by alcohol within a period of time and get back to me. There is NO comparison.

Doesnt bother me what you put in your body but saying that it is a safe drug is ludicrous.

Forum List

Back