🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump says some lawmakers too fearful of NRA to take action

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
`
WASHINGTON (AP) — Putting fellow Republicans in the hot seat, President Donald Trump called for speedy and substantial changes to the nation’s gun laws, then criticized lawmakers in a White House meeting for being too fearful of the National Rifle Association to take action.

In a freewheeling, televised session that stretched for an hour Wednesday, Trump rejected both his party’s incremental approach and its legislative strategy that has stalled action in Congress.

Giving hope to Democrats, he said he favored a “comprehensive” approach to addressing violence like the shooting at a Florida high school earlier this month, although he offer no specific details
. - Source
`
I wonder how many trump fans will start going ballistic over this? For once though, trump is telling the truth.
`

`
WASHINGTON (AP) — Putting fellow Republicans in the hot seat, President Donald Trump called for speedy and substantial changes to the nation’s gun laws, then criticized lawmakers in a White House meeting for being too fearful of the National Rifle Association to take action.

In a freewheeling, televised session that stretched for an hour Wednesday, Trump rejected both his party’s incremental approach and its legislative strategy that has stalled action in Congress.

Giving hope to Democrats, he said he favored a “comprehensive” approach to addressing violence like the shooting at a Florida high school earlier this month, although he offer no specific details
. - Source
`
I wonder how many trump fans will start going ballistic over this? For once though, trump is telling the truth.
`
Trump doesn't care as he is filthy rich.
I run a remodeling company and until I severed ties with Angieslist I was beholden to them.

I understand it despite not liking it.

Trump is being a politician. He says one thing, but know's he has zero chance for success

So, at least he tried

-Geaux

I am sure they had a stroke when he said this:

Trump also raised eyebrows by suggesting that law enforcement officials should be able to confiscate people’s firearms without a court order to prevent potential tragedies.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” he suggested.

`

. - Source
`
`
Correction...for once he is telling YOUR truth.

`

. - Source
`
`
So much for being a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and the NRA.

`

. - Source
`
`

Contrarily, he may just be jerking Democrats around, as he has since taking office.

Trump said he is a fan of the NRA but doesn't agree with everything they say. Let's not confuse discussions with action.

If Trump pulls an EO ban on bump stocks or some such knee jerk act, that's something to get riled over.

Trump is being a politician. He says one thing, but know's he has zero chance for success

So, at least he tried

-Geaux

Trump is playing the stupid Democrat. He is the master manipulator. He will schlong the Moon Bats on this just like he did on DACA.

He will diffuse this as a campaign issue because it will be the Democrats that will be unreasonable.and nothing of substance on stupid gun control will be done, which is of course a good thing..

Trump is loyal to his friends and the NRA was his friend during the campaign with an early endorsement.

We don't have to worry about our right to keep and bear arms being diminished with Trump as President.

Trump is controlling the narrative and making the Democrats look like fools, once again. Of course it doesn't take much to make the party of pink pussy hats that howl at the sky look like fools, does it?

`

. - Source
`
`

I hope they are afraid. That’s why I have the NRA my money.

`

. - Source
`
`
Sort of like all the Democrats (and most Republicans) who won't touch that 'third rail" of social security.

Trump also raised eyebrows by suggesting that law enforcement officials should be able to confiscate people’s firearms without a court order to prevent potential tragedies.

Fucking idiot. Anyone who gives a shit about rights, due process and freedom is very bothered by it.

Whenever he does this, it causes the Democrats to specify clearly exactly what they want.

And once Democrats outline what they want, no one of sound mind wants to do that.

Fucking idiot. Anyone who gives a shit about rights, due process and freedom is very bothered by it.

Relax. Nothing has changed.

Relax. Nothing has changed.

Anytime a statement like that is made, it needs to be opposed, but my anger is directed at the stupid post more than what Trump said.

Forum List

Back