🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump seeks to target Democrats through complex tax forms

Lets have it out on Tax Reform...

I think I should keep more of my money and spend less of it supporting entitlement programs.

Just so I understand the standpoint from which you measure your contributions to federal entitlement programs....Is the majority of your earned income from self-employment or from employee wages earned?

Edit:
BTW....You might need to refer to this document to credibly have the discussion.you want to have regarding how your federal contributions are spent. Obviously, you don't need it to answer the question above.

Additional Reference:
Definition of "entitlement program":
An entitlement program is a government-sponsored program designed to provide guaranteed benefits -- sometimes the benefits are cash and cash equivalents disbursed, other times they are refunds/reductions to cash the government is otherwise entitled to receive from an individual/entity, thus making the benefit that of paying less rather than that of a resource received -- to its citizens, through right or legislation. Generally, the term is associated with the many forms of welfare; however, because tax credits and deductions, like food stamps and health benefits, are given based solely on one's meeting the criteria - that is, one is entitled to them -- they too must be considered entitlement programs. Some examples are below.​
  • The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC): An Overview -- Yes, the EITC is also an entitlement program.
  • 529 C Tax deduction
  • Coverdell ESA
  • Interest Deduction
  • Hope or Lifetime Learning Tax Credit
  • Student Loans
  • Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit
  • Pell Grants
  • Unemployment Insurance
  • Veterans Benefits
  • G.I.Bill
  • Medicare
  • Head Start
  • Social Security Disability SSI--Supplemental
  • Social Security--Retirement & Survivors Security Income
  • Medicaid
  • Welfare/Public Assistance
  • Government Subsidized Housing
  • Food Stamps
That list is just the tip of the iceberg. The fact is that a lot of people like to think of entitlement programs as being merely the "big three" and not consider as entitlement spending the benefits of which they have availed themselves. It may be emotionally assuaging to think that way, but it's not a factually accurate depiction/understanding of what entitlements are.

How doe all that money "roll up" into the budget? Something like this.

See that word "pensions?" That's a huge chunk. It's all federal employee pensions.

Put another way. (2015 -- This doesn't appear to include FICA, unless that's what they mean by "Health"):

There's a nifty tool here that lets you see just where your money went.

Last edited:
My

I think I should keep more of my money and spend less of it supporting entitlement programs.

No welfare, entitlements, bailouts or subsidies.

If these stupid Moon Bats want to give away their money to other people then they can do it privately.

Forum List

Back