Trump should “say nothing" about Lewis' death

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
"Please don’t comment on the life of Congressman Lewis. Your press secretary released a statement, leave it at that," Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif., chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, of which Lewis was a member, tweeted Saturday. "Please let us mourn in peace."

Indeed.

In fact, most – if not all – on the right should remain silent, considering far too many conservatives continue to defend that which Lewis fought against.

"Please don’t comment on the life of Congressman Lewis. Your press secretary released a statement, leave it at that," Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif., chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, of which Lewis was a member, tweeted Saturday. "Please let us mourn in peace."

Indeed.

In fact, most – if not all – on the right should remain silent, considering far too many conservatives continue to defend that which Lewis fought against.
Eh I agree. Lewis was a piece of shit and had a hand in destroying America in the 60's. Good riddance. No need to say a damn thing about him.

Fine though I respectfully request the left does the same the next time a prominent Republican passes away they are just as willing to spew hate and bile when someone they don't like dies as the right is. Perhaps everyone should abide by the old saying if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.

Will Only Black Lives Matter thugs burn down my house or beat me up if I do decide to comment?

Last edited:

Indeed.

I read an article earlier on this where Trump usually starts his twitter rants on Saturday morning. Instead he's golfing with Graham. Don't let that stop him from doing so later.
Graham is getting flack from other Republicans for trying to get Trump up to speed with his campaign while Graham is having his own re-election problems.

Lewis was a good man.

Indeed.

And what did Lewis fight against?.....he was in office for 50 years!!!!and blacks are still poor and rioting in the streets.....Trump did more for African Americans in three years than Lewis did in 50.....

Indeed.

He was a race hustler, sort of like you.

Sorry he died but he's no hero. Fckn stupid as a stump

Indeed.

And what did Lewis fight against?.....he was in office for 50 years!!!!and blacks are still poor and rioting in the streets.....Trump did more for African Americans in three years than Lewis did in 50.....

He fought against unlocking the plantation door.

Indeed.

What no party? Party pooper!

Indeed.

Lewis was an enemy of the nation and the American people.

While some will mourn his death, good Americans aren't going to miss him...

Indeed.

I read an article earlier on this where Trump usually starts his twitter rants on Saturday morning. Instead he's golfing with Graham. Don't let that stop him from doing so later.
Graham is getting flack from other Republicans for trying to get Trump up to speed with his campaign while Graham is having his own re-election problems.

Lewis was a good man.
Graham is a scumbag and a RINO but I have a HARD time believing a democrat is going to win in South Carolina. Also Lewis did nothing other than help destroy America. I hope to god his district gets a decent congressman or woman now. Someone that will help them and their families instead of just helping themselves with a big house and bank account.

Indeed.

Thank you and I can't agree more.

I started crying when Brian Williams announced that he died.

Mr. Lewis has been a hero of mine all my life.

He was a great man who left a great legacy for the rest of the nation.

Everyone who loves America, freedom, justice and equal rights is mourning today.

RIP Mr. Lewis. We will take it from here. You gave us a great example to follow.

Lewis represents the 5th House District of Georgia. Trump’s criticism of it is a bit of hyperbole. But only a bit. Consider:

-Atlanta, which comprises a large portion of the 5th District, ranks as the 19th most dangerous large city (population 250,000+) in the nation. It has 1,119 violent crimes per 100,000. The national average is about 373.

-In 2016, Atlanta’s high school graduation rate was 71.5 percent. Nationally the rate is 82 percent.

According to the Atlanta Journal and Constitution, about “1 in 6 families in the district lived in poverty in the previous year. The same dataset estimated the national rate to be about 1 family in 9.”

Indeed.

Lewis was a good man.
Graham is a scumbag and a RINO but I have a HARD time believing a democrat is going to win in South Carolina. Also Lewis did nothing other than help destroy America. I hope to god his district gets a decent congressman or woman now. Someone that will help them and their families instead of just helping themselves with a big house and bank account.
Your last sentence. Sounds familiar.

Indeed.

Lewis was an enemy of the nation and the American people.

While some will mourn his death, good Americans aren't going to miss him...

Come Monday 99.9 percent of America won't care

No legacy

Forum List

Back