Trump should “say nothing" about Lewis' death

"Please don’t comment on the life of Congressman Lewis. Your press secretary released a statement, leave it at that," Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif., chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, of which Lewis was a member, tweeted Saturday. "Please let us mourn in peace."

Indeed.

In fact, most – if not all – on the right should remain silent, considering far too many conservatives continue to defend that which Lewis fought against.

Thank you and I can't agree more.

I started crying when Brian Williams announced that he died.

Mr. Lewis has been a hero of mine all my life.

He was a great man who left a great legacy for the rest of the nation.

Everyone who loves America, freedom, justice and equal rights is mourning today.

RIP Mr. Lewis. We will take it from here. You gave us a great example to follow.

Okay, that was funny.

"Please don’t comment on the life of Congressman Lewis. Your press secretary released a statement, leave it at that," Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif., chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, of which Lewis was a member, tweeted Saturday. "Please let us mourn in peace."

Indeed.

In fact, most – if not all – on the right should remain silent, considering far too many conservatives continue to defend that which Lewis fought against.
I read an article earlier on this where Trump usually starts his twitter rants on Saturday morning. Instead he's golfing with Graham. Don't let that stop him from doing so later.
Graham is getting flack from other Republicans for trying to get Trump up to speed with his campaign while Graham is having his own re-election problems.

Lewis was a good man.
Graham is a scumbag and a RINO but I have a HARD time believing a democrat is going to win in South Carolina. Also Lewis did nothing other than help destroy America. I hope to god his district gets a decent congressman or woman now. Someone that will help them and their families instead of just helping themselves with a big house and bank account.
You are correct, Graham will win easily in SC now that he won the primary against any republican contenders.

Indeed.

Eh I agree. Lewis was a piece of shit and had a hand in destroying America in the 60's. Good riddance. No need to say a damn thing about him.
Oh don’t worry, there will a statue of him soon and he will be immortalized the world over as the great leader he was.
You and your knuckle dragging friends whom worship the orange turd stinking up the White House, on the other hand, will join the ranks of the lowlifes and racists, the bigoted and ignorant trash that has cluttered up our country for far to long. History will not be kind to you.
I say time to take out the trash.

Last edited:
The far right radical extremists on this thread obviously never had a mother who taught them if you don't have something nice to say, it's best to not say anything at all.

Shame on all of you.

Indeed.

I know nothing of him, but if he believed that all humanity is equal regardless of race and supported freedom and the freedom of speech, then my sympathy goes out to any family members.
If he would have been more aligned with the Marxist BLM, then he can rot.

Indeed.

I read an article earlier on this where Trump usually starts his twitter rants on Saturday morning. Instead he's golfing with Graham. Don't let that stop him from doing so later.
Graham is getting flack from other Republicans for trying to get Trump up to speed with his campaign while Graham is having his own re-election problems.

Lewis was a good man.
Graham is a scumbag and a RINO but I have a HARD time believing a democrat is going to win in South Carolina. Also Lewis did nothing other than help destroy America. I hope to god his district gets a decent congressman or woman now. Someone that will help them and their families instead of just helping themselves with a big house and bank account.
Your last sentence. Sounds familiar.
How's that? That's what 99.9% of politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle do but we sure in the hell don't idolize scumbag politicians while their constituents go hungry, deal with rising crime and poverty etc.

Indeed.

Lewis was a good man.

The voters haven't changed
Their representative won't be any different
Just a name change.

Indeed.

I know nothing of him, but if he believed that all humanity is equal regardless of race and supported freedom and the freedom of speech, then my sympathy goes out to any family members.
If he would have been more aligned with the Marxist BLM, then he can rot.

The rot has already started.

Indeed.

Lewis was a good man.
Your last sentence. Sounds familiar.
How's that? That's what 99.9% of politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle do but we sure in the hell don't idolize scumbag politicians while their constituents go hungry, deal with rising crime and poverty etc.
You just keep stepping in your words.

The far right radical extremists on this thread obviously never had a mother who taught them if you don't have something nice to say, it's best to not say anything at all.

Shame on all of you.

Oh please, we raise our children the right way, obviously you loons don't....
No careers, sucking government teat, railing against America, getting shot dead in slums.

You're clueless

Indeed.

Lewis was a good man.

The voters haven't changed
Their representative won't be any different
Just a name change.
More than likely. It's the very definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Fine though I respectfully request the left does the same the next time a prominent Republican passes away they are just as willing to spew hate and bile when someone they don't like dies as the right is. Perhaps everyone should abide by the old saying if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all.
It would depend on what this "prominent Republican" said and did in his or her life. Did s/he work for civil rights and help other Americans? Did this person work for freedom? Liberty?

Lewis was a good man.

If you ask many white Supremacist, (no, I'm not one), so was Adolph Hitler
See how that works? Perspective.
(Now which will be the first leftist assclown to say I'm "comparing" Lewis to Hitler?)

Indeed.

Whatever Trump says will not be appropriate or belivened.

He best remain silent

Shame on all of you.

Oh please, we raise our children the right way, obviously you loons don't....
No careers, sucking government teat, railing against America, getting shot dead in slums.

You're clueless
The clue. Dana was correct about far right radical extremists and you admitted to being one.

Indeed.

Eh I agree. Lewis was a piece of shit and had a hand in destroying America in the 60's. Good riddance. No need to say a damn thing about him.
Oh don’t worry, there will a statue of him soon and he will be immortalized the world over as the great leader he was.
You and your knuckle dragging friends whom worship the orange turd stinking up the White House, on the other hand, will join the ranks of the lowlifes and racists, the bigoted and ignorant trash that has cluttered up our country for far to long. History will not be kind to you.
I say time to take out the trash.

No no, as soon as a statue is erected it must come down, someone is offended.....

See how this works you befuddled leftist twatwaflles?

Lewis was a good man.

If you ask many white Supremacist, (no, I'm not one), so was Adolph Hitler
See how that works? Perspective.
(Now which will be the first leftist assclown to say I'm "comparing" Lewis to Hitler?)
Where did all that come from?

Forum List

Back