Trump Slams "Brutal Dictator" Castro's "Legacy Of Firing Squads, Theft, Suffering And Poverty"

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
What a refreshing difference between Trump's response and the slobbering over Castro by Obama and other prominent left wingers.

Truth is always refreshing in the current political environment.

Trump Slams "Brutal Dictator" Castro's "Legacy Of Firing Squads, Theft, Suffering And Poverty" | Zero Hedge

Today, the world marks the passing of a brutal dictator who oppressed his own people for nearly six decades. Fidel Castro’s legacy is one of firing squads, theft, unimaginable suffering, poverty and the denial of fundamental human rights.

While Cuba remains a totalitarian island, it is my hope that today marks a move away from the horrors endured for too long, and toward a future in which the wonderful Cuban people finally live in the freedom they so richly deserve.

Though the tragedies, deaths and pain caused by Fidel Castro cannot be erased, our administration will do all it can to ensure the Cuban people can finally begin their journey toward prosperity and liberty. I join the many Cuban Americans who supported me so greatly in the presidential campaign, including the Brigade 2506 Veterans Association that endorsed me, with the hope of one day soon seeing a free Cuba.”

What a refreshing difference between Trump's response and the slobbering over Castro by Obama and other prominent left wingers.

Trump Slams "Brutal Dictator" Castro's "Legacy Of Firing Squads, Theft, Suffering And Poverty" | Zero Hedge

Today, the world marks the passing of a brutal dictator who oppressed his own people for nearly six decades. Fidel Castro’s legacy is one of firing squads, theft, unimaginable suffering, poverty and the denial of fundamental human rights.

While Cuba remains a totalitarian island, it is my hope that today marks a move away from the horrors endured for too long, and toward a future in which the wonderful Cuban people finally live in the freedom they so richly deserve.

Though the tragedies, deaths and pain caused by Fidel Castro cannot be erased, our administration will do all it can to ensure the Cuban people can finally begin their journey toward prosperity and liberty. I join the many Cuban Americans who supported me so greatly in the presidential campaign, including the Brigade 2506 Veterans Association that endorsed me, with the hope of one day soon seeing a free Cuba.”
I'm surprised the forum commies haven't chimed in to defend their hero.

Things were so much better before Castro . Ya know , when they had that OTHER brutal dictator in charge .

By the way . Since when are republicans anti dictator? How many Qudaffi loving threads did we have suffer thru ?

Who are these forum commies you keep talking about !?

Cubans, unlike the Iraqis under the Bush and the DIck, really did welcome Obama as a liberator.

""HAVANA — Shouts of “U.S.A.!” and “Obama!” echoed over the stone plazas as President Obama and his family made their way around rain-slicked courtyards in Old Havana on Sunday evening, savoring the adulation of Cubans welcoming him warmly despite a driving rain as he began a history-making visit."""
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/21/world/americas/obama-arrives-in-cuba.html?_r=0

Things were so much better before Castro . Ya know , when they had that OTHER brutal dictator in charge .

By the way . Since when are republicans anti dictator? How many Qudaffi loving threads did we have suffer thru ?
Yes, things were 1000 times better before Castro. Cuba was one of the wealthiest countries in Latin America. People actually had cars then. Life under Batista was paradise compared to life under Castro.

Last edited:

Who are these forum commies you keep talking about !?

You, for one.

Cubans, unlike the Iraqis under the Bush and the DIck, really did welcome Obama as a liberator.

""HAVANA — Shouts of “U.S.A.!” and “Obama!” echoed over the stone plazas as President Obama and his family made their way around rain-slicked courtyards in Old Havana on Sunday evening, savoring the adulation of Cubans welcoming him warmly despite a driving rain as he began a history-making visit."""
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/21/world/americas/obama-arrives-in-cuba.html?_r=0

Only problem: Obama didn't liberate Cuba.

Firing squads, theft, suffering and poverty.
Lets convert Firing squads to drive by shootings and gang executions and what we end up with is an average Saturday night in the hood.
Liberals must have really loved Castro, he could have been like the head of one of the gangs or something.

Those whining the most about how awfully the US treats the poor always decline the invite to move to Cuba to experience the policies they recommend here.

So basically, brutal dictator are great, because even worse brutal dictators like Hitler and Stalin have existed?

Got it, Castro is a hero by that standard! He didn't kill as many as Stalin, what a hero! Just think of what it took from him to just not send everyone to death camp who doesn't agree, an impossible feat for a PC authoritarian.

You and your Trump-ball licking are irrelevant.

You and your Trump-ball licking are irrelevant.

How are you "relevant," douche bag?

Yes, things were 1000 times better before Castro. Cuba was one of the wealthiest countries in Latin America. People actually had cars then. Life under Batista was paradise compared to life under Castro.

Hmmmmm yeah. That's why the people revolted and threw him out .

the real difference tween Bautista and Castro? Bautista was OUR dictator !

Hmmmmm yeah. That's why the people revolted and threw him out .

the real difference tween Bautista and Castro? Bautista was OUR dictator !
I posted the facts, moron. The people didn't revolt. A small group of rebels overthrew the government. Furthermore, Castro pretended he wasn't a communist while he was fighting Batista.

CUBA: THE UNNECESSARY REVOLUTION

* In the 1950s Cuba had a large middle class: about a third of the population. Twenty-three per cent of the working class was classified as skilled.

* The middle class was NOT flanked by powerful landowners or by an upper class. And there was much social mobility.

* Cuba had the third-highest per capita income in Latin America, exceeded only by Argentina and Venezuela-between $350 and $550 a year, probably nearer the higher figure.

*According to a U.S. Department of Commerce analysis (1956), Cuba was "the most heavily capitalized country in Latin America" and its "network of railways and highways blanket the country." The country also had numerous well- equipped ports.

*Per capita consumption of meat was about 65 lbs to 70 lbs a year; of sugar 50 kilos, exceeded only by England, Australia and Denmark, and higher than that of the U.S.

* Life expectancy was 58.8 years, while the average for South America was 56 years.

* Death rate was 6.4 per 1,000 persons and infant mortality 37.6 per 1,000. These figures were among the most favorable in Latin America. As in Argentina and Chile, two of the top three causes of death were decidedly "modern": cardiovascular diseases and malignant tumors. Citizens of most other Latin American nations succumbed to diseases of poverty such as digestive-system complications, infancy-related illnesses and respiratory disorders.

"Cuba is one of the countries [of Latin America] where the standard of living of the masses was particularly high."

Anibal Escalante, leader of the Cuban Communist Party until 1962.

* During the 1950's, Cuban literacy rates were the fourth-highest in Latin America after Argentina, Chile and Costa Rica.

* Cuba had between sixty and seventy newspapers, eighteen in Havana alone. The twenty-eight main newspapers claimed a circulation of 580,000. Magazines were important. Bohemia, with a circulation of 250,000, was the most prominent weekly of hispanic America.

* Cuba had more telephones per capita than any Latin American country except Argentina and Uruguay; more TV sets per capita than any other Latin American country, and more than Italy; more cars per capita than any Latin American country except Venezuela.

* The dollar and the peso circulated jointly and were interchangeable.

Forum List

Back