Trump Slams Republican Ed Gillespie Following Democratic Win In Virginia Governor’s Race

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for,” the president said.

President Donald Trump has backed a losing horse once more.

Democrat Ralph Northam defeated Republican Ed Gillespie in Virginia’s gubernatorial election on Tuesday, the first major loss for the GOP since Trump’s election last year. The president had thrown his support behind Gillespie on Twitter and attacked his opponent in the lead-up to the election.

On Tuesday night, however, Trump blamed the Republican for his loss.

“Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for,” the president tweeted the midst of his 12-day trip to Asia.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!​

More: Trump Slams Republican Ed Gillespie Following Democratic Win In Virginia Governor's Race

So funny! Ed Gillespie got thumped because he didn't "embrace" Trump? Gillespie ran a dirty and racist campaign. Trump should be proud of him.

One more time, it is all about Trump. He is the most narcissistic person on the planet.

“Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for,” the president said.

Democrat Ralph Northam defeated Republican Ed Gillespie in Virginia’s gubernatorial election on Tuesday, the first major loss for the GOP since Trump’s election last year. The president had thrown his support behind Gillespie on Twitter and attacked his opponent in the lead-up to the election.

“Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for,” the president tweeted the midst of his 12-day trip to Asia.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!​

More: Trump Slams Republican Ed Gillespie Following Democratic Win In Virginia Governor's Race

So funny! Ed Gillespie got thumped because he didn't "embrace" Trump? Gillespie ran a dirty and racist campaign. Trump should be proud of him.
Trump forgets that VA republicans rejected the guy who actually did embrace him :rofl:

Trump does not understand that the Dems in VA rejected the guy he embraced.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

what was "dirty" or "racist" about it?

I can't imagine anything dirtier than the infamous pickup add that Northam was behind.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

He shouldn't have disrespect the President.

Republican gubernatorial candidate Ed Gillespie said Friday that he wasn't expecting to be endorsed by President Donald Trump on Twitter Thursday night, but he doesn't see it as newsworthy. Gillespie doesn't think Trump endorsement is news

Special congratulations to Danica Roem in Virginia!

Danica_Roem_insert_courtesy_Danica_Roem.jpg

Ed Gillespie was a punk for not asking The Donald to campaign for him. Ed Gillespie paid the price for being a wishy washy establishment republican. Let this be a warning for other wishy washy republicans and a reminder for citizens to not let wishy washy republicans win primaries!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I don't know about you but is anyone else tired of all this winning?

This is exhibit a of why I dont understand those that defend Trump. As soon as he starts to go down he's going to take the whole party down blaming everyone of them on every lose.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Further proof that Trump is a clueless narcissist.

What Trump ‘stands for’ is ignorance, fear, hate, bigotry, and division.

Forum List

Back