Trump supporters like the attitude

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
Are Trump supporters true ideologues? Why do they flock to Trump?

When the Tea Party movement began seven years ago, they proclaimed themselves to be dyed in the wool Conservatives, dedicated to the orthodoxy of Conservative values. Smaller government, tax cuts across the board (except for the poor who would receive a radical tax hike), a reduction, if not end, to entitlement programs and a fervent defense of social issues like abortion and Gay marriage.

All these positions are in Ted Cruz's back pocket.

Why hasn't Cruz benefitted from massive Tea Party support? And, more interestingly, why has Donald Trump?

Are the Trump supporters enthralled by Trump's policies, or his swagger, his attitude, his anger and his bite?

Are those the qualities Trump supporters admire? Are Trump's policies sufficiently Conservative to pass muster with the Tea Party?

Has the right wing abandoned its political purity test, a test they used against Republican incumbents as they 'primaries' so many of them out of office? Or are they in love with the tough talk? So much in love to forget their own principles?

Style or substance? It seems to me, at least, that the political ethos of the Tea Party can be left on the stoop so long as a strutting, pompous, boorish thug is running as a Republican, no matter what his policies might be.

Trump supporters want careers and jobs.
Trump haters don't want to get it, especially the retired old farts living off their over-inflated Stock Portfolios.

Trump supporters are anarchists who only praise the Constitution when it supports their agenda.
I don't think they're Anarchists. I think they embrace the power of the government to advance their agenda. Only an over reaching government can stop Muslims from immigrating. Only an over reaching government can stifle dissent. Only an over reaching government can start a tariff war, bomb the shit out of ISIS or roll back civil rights.

No, they aren't Anarchists.

Last edited:
He's makes fun of women, people with birth defects, calls Mexicans rapists, and is a disgusting human being. That appeals to some people

Trump supporters must be sooo proud.

maxresdefault.jpg

Are Trump supporters true ideologues? Why do they flock to Trump?

When the Tea Party movement began seven years ago, they proclaimed themselves to be dyed in the wool Conservatives, dedicated to the orthodoxy of Conservative values. Smaller government, tax cuts across the board (except for the poor who would receive a radical tax hike), a reduction, if not end, to entitlement programs and a fervent defense of social issues like abortion and Gay marriage.

All these positions are in Ted Cruz's back pocket.

Why hasn't Cruz benefitted from massive Tea Party support? And, more interestingly, why has Donald Trump?

Are the Trump supporters enthralled by Trump's policies, or his swagger, his attitude, his anger and his bite?

Are those the qualities Trump supporters admire? Are Trump's policies sufficiently Conservative to pass muster with the Tea Party?

Has the right wing abandoned its political purity test, a test they used against Republican incumbents as they 'primaries' so many of them out of office? Or are they in love with the tough talk? So much in love to forget their own principles?

Style or substance? It seems to me, at least, that the political ethos of the Tea Party can be left on the stoop so long as a strutting, pompous, boorish thug is running as a Republican, no matter what his policies might be.

I never was, or have been a Tea Party person, and most conservatives I know are the same. A lot of noise may have been made, but all conservatives were not with the TP.

Trump supporters want careers and jobs.
Trump haters don't want to get it, especially the retired old farts living off their over-inflated Stock Portfolios.
So it's pocketbook politics and not ideology?

You are as much of an ideologue as anyone else.
And yes, people prefer career opportunities.
What happened to the Conservative agenda? Everyone, Republicans, Democrats, Independents wants job growth. That's a given across the board.

But what happened to all those Conservative values? Those values were the litmus test that determined who was sufficiently Conservative and who was to be branded a RINO and therefore out of the GOP?

Forum List

Back