🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump thanks Latina supporter; now mounting backlash threatens her business

Neither are liberals.

Of course the are. It sure as hell isn't conservatives in the EPA who are trying to shut down the coal industry.

Of course the are. It sure as hell isn't conservatives in the EPA who are trying to shut down the coal industry.

Natural gas prices hurt the coal industry.

The EPA forced dozens of coal fired power plants to shut down, and it's going to force dozens more to shut down.

Who do you think you're fooling?

The EPA enforced new clean air regulations. What's wrong with clean air?

Natural gas prices closed down the plants.

Screen+shot+2012-05-04+at+8.15.06+AM.png

Early Warning: Natural Gas shutting down Coal Power Plants

so the US spends trillions to make the air .00001% cleaner and China, India, and the rest of the world spend nothing and continue to pour pollutants into it. You just made the case for USA stupidity.

BTW, if you libs need a cause, make it pollution and forget the climate change bullshit. everyone would be with you to fight pollution, but when you try to tie it to a hoax of AGW you make intelligent people laugh at you and ignore your BS.

The problem with arguing with a moron like onepercenter is that he sees the trade-off between 0.00001% improvement in air quality and imposing a cost on consumers of $5 trillion as entirely worth it. These morons think cost is no object when it comes to the environment. However they will accuse the oil companies of some sinister conspiracy if the price of gas goes up by $0.10.

Last edited:
No amount of growth, no amount of financial health, no amount of long term stability is ever enough for a liberal to admit Chik Fil a is doing well. None.

No amount of growth, no amount of financial health, no amount of long term stability is ever enough for a liberal to admit Chik Fil a is doing well. None.

If you believe they are doing well then post their financials.

Do you have proof they are not doing well? Please post your proof.Many liberals say they are doing terrible, post the proof.

hadit said they are doing well. I question his/her opinion by asking for financials.

However you didn't question when sealybobo said they were doing bad. Interesting.

Here is an article, maybe you can get some ideas from them when you open your summer lemonade stand. How Chick-fil-A's restaurants sell three times as much as KFC

However you didn't question when sealybobo said they were doing bad. Interesting.

My put-up or shut-up are directed to everyone.

Here is an article, maybe you can get some ideas from them when you open your summer lemonade stand. How Chick-fil-A's restaurants sell three times as much as KFC

Here are the actual numbers. Notice the disclaimer 'Average unit volume excludes licensed units,' so KFC's numbers aren't correct.

The QSR 50

Just posted only after conservatives. You are so full of it.

Do you have proof they are not doing well? Please post your proof.Many liberals say they are doing terrible, post the proof.

hadit said they are doing well. I question his/her opinion by asking for financials.

Here are the actual numbers. Notice the disclaimer 'Average unit volume excludes licensed units,' so KFC's numbers aren't correct.

The QSR 50

What do you expect from a guy who claims to be worth $420 million yet has time to post on this two-bit forum?

The QSR 50

What do you expect from a guy who claims to be worth $420 million yet has time to post on this two-bit forum?

For a guy that wants everyone else to put up or shut up, yet he never does. Typical liberal nutter.

The air is already clean, so why would we want to spend thousands more per person every year to make it 0.001% cleaner? Furthermore, CO2 isn't a pollutant, and that's all these additional measures are intended to eliminate.

Anyway you look at it, so-called "clean air" is just an Obama scam that will only harm Americans.

Also, your graph doesn't support the claim that gas is killing off coal.

Due to regulations, air is cleaner than 40 years ago but it's far from clean.

The drop of natural gas prices was manufactured by large investors to undercut the coal competition.

I look out the window and I see clean air. I haven't heard anyone complain about air quality since I was a kid. The air would never be totally clean, even if the human race was wiped off the face of the earth. Any additional improvements in cleanliness get exponentially more expensive. If you don't care about the cost, then it's possible to make the air cleaner, but that also means impoverishing the population, especially the lower and middle classes.

What leftwing douche bags like you are saying is that you don't give a crap about the welfare of the poor or of the working man. You only care about some unrealistic abstraction called a "clean environment."

I look out the window and I see clean air. I haven't heard anyone complain about air quality since I was a kid.

You can thank regulations for that.

The air would never be totally clean, even if the human race was wiped off the face of the earth. Any additional improvements in cleanliness get exponentially more expensive. If you don't care about the cost, then it's possible to make the air cleaner, but that also means impoverishing the population, especially the lower and middle classes.

What leftwing douche bags like you are saying is that you don't give a crap about the welfare of the poor or of the working man. You only care about some unrealistic abstraction called a "clean environment."

That doesn't prove we need to more regulations to drive the coal industry out of business.

That doesn't prove we need to more regulations to drive the coal industry out of business

Natural gas prices drove the coal industry (for the most part) out of business.

Wrong, the EPA did. You don't shut down a perfectly serviceable billion dollar coal fired power plant so you can spend a billion dollars replacing it with a gas fired plant. The claim that the later is cheaper doesn't pass the stupid test.

Wrong, the EPA did. You don't shut down a perfectly serviceable billion dollar coal fired power plant so you can spend a billion dollars replacing it with a gas fired plant. The claim that the later is cheaper doesn't pass the stupid test.

It seems you've never restored an old building to current standards. It's ALWAYS more expensive.

Most, if not all coal fired plants use natural gas to fire the coal.

I look out the window and I see clean air. I haven't heard anyone complain about air quality since I was a kid. The air would never be totally clean, even if the human race was wiped off the face of the earth. Any additional improvements in cleanliness get exponentially more expensive. If you don't care about the cost, then it's possible to make the air cleaner, but that also means impoverishing the population, especially the lower and middle classes.

I look out the window and I see clean air. I haven't heard anyone complain about air quality since I was a kid.

The air would never be totally clean, even if the human race was wiped off the face of the earth. Any additional improvements in cleanliness get exponentially more expensive. If you don't care about the cost, then it's possible to make the air cleaner, but that also means impoverishing the population, especially the lower and middle classes.

That doesn't prove we need to more regulations to drive the coal industry out of business.

That doesn't prove we need to more regulations to drive the coal industry out of business

It seems you've never restored an old building to current standards. It's ALWAYS more expensive.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! They use natural gas to fire the coal? You are boob of monumental proportions. It's so funny when you try to sound like you know what you're talking about.

What does a perfectly serviceable coal fired power plant have to do with an old building? The EPA isn't requiring the plant to meet the regulations in place when it was built. It's requiring the plant to meet new much more draconian regulations. These regulations are virtually impossible for a coal fired plant to meet.

I don't have to. I can see how busy they are every day. You can Google if you want to see more.

How many customers do they have per hour and what dollar amount does that represent in revenue?

You have utterly zero knowledge of business...

Table turns and contribution margin are the relevant concepts. Variable costs such as food cost and spoilage are factors as well.

This is Arizona, so the more you of the CCCP attack, the greater the number of customers she will have.

You have utterly zero knowledge of business...

LOL

Table turns and contribution margin are the relevant concepts.

But they're not the only concepts.

Variable costs such as food cost and spoilage are factors as well.

Food costs are not variable so far as contract length. Spoilage can be minimized or eliminated by smart cash registers.

This is Arizona, so the more you of the CCCP attack, the greater the number of customers she will have.

Or is it the citizens of the number two working class poor State aren't smart enough to figure it out.

And no one is saying all regulations are negative. What they are saying is there is a point after which continuing to spend ever increasing amounts of money and restricting ever more activities in search of a "cleaner" environment doesn't result in a significantly cleaner environment.

No matter how many times you explain it, the leftwing douche bags pretend like they don't get it. For them, all regulations are good, no matter what they cost.

No matter how many times you explain it, the leftwing douche bags pretend like they don't get it. For them, all regulations are good, no matter what they cost.

I'm smarter than a Canadian.
I'm sure there are some severely retarded people in Canada. It's not nice, however, to compare yourself to them. I'm sure that there are extremely intelligent people in Canada as well, so for you to say you are smarter than a Canadian doesn't really mean a whole lot.

I'm sure there are some severely retarded people in Canada. It's not nice, however, to compare yourself to them. I'm sure that there are extremely intelligent people in Canada as well, so for you to say you are smarter than a Canadian doesn't really mean a whole lot.

My use of 'Canadian' was aimed at one person, Bripat. If it was directed to an entire country I would have written 'Canadians.' But thanks for playing.

Bullshit.

Obama waged war on the Coal industry.

Repeal all the Obama era attacks on coal and it is still more economical than natural gas. Which BTW is plentiful due to fracking.

Bullshit.

Repeal all the Obama era attacks on coal and it is still more economical than natural gas. Which BTW is plentiful due to fracking.

How can coal be more economical when it's more expensive?

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

It's only more expensive because of all the regulations Obama has imposed on it.

That's the point you didn't get because you're so fucking stupid.

Neither are liberals.

The EPA forced dozens of coal fired power plants to shut down, and it's going to force dozens more to shut down.

so the US spends trillions to make the air .00001% cleaner and China, India, and the rest of the world spend nothing and continue to pour pollutants into it. You just made the case for USA stupidity.

BTW, if you libs need a cause, make it pollution and forget the climate change bullshit. everyone would be with you to fight pollution, but when you try to tie it to a hoax of AGW you make intelligent people laugh at you and ignore your BS.

If little Billy jumps off the bridge, should you follow him?

Bloviating.

The problem with arguing with a moron like onepercenter is that he sees the trade-off between 0.00001% improvement in air quality and imposing a cost on consumers of $5 trillion as entirely worth it. These morons think cost is no object when it comes to the environment. However they will accuse the oil companies of some sinister conspiracy if the price of gas goes up by $0.10.

The problem with arguing with a moron like onepercenter is that he sees the trade-off between 0.00001% improvement in air quality and imposing a cost on consumers of $5 trillion as entirely worth it. These morons think cost is no object when it comes to the environment.

I think companies should act responsibly.

However they will accuse the oil companies of some sinister conspiracy if the price of gas goes up by $0.10.

Should Chevron be allowed to raise prices to pay for their own negligence when their Richmond, CA gasoline processing plant blew up.

The QSR 50

WTF?

The QSR 50

I retired 18 years ago at the age of 40. I have lot's of time.

Last edited:

The QSR 50

For a guy that wants everyone else to put up or shut up, yet he never does. Typical liberal nutter.

I back-up what I write when I post. I addressed the deliberate deception and you don't like it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! They use natural gas to fire the coal? You are boob of monumental proportions. It's so funny when you try to sound like you know what you're talking about.

What does a perfectly serviceable coal fired power plant have to do with an old building? The EPA isn't requiring the plant to meet the regulations in place when it was built. It's requiring the plant to meet new much more draconian regulations. These regulations are virtually impossible for a coal fired plant to meet.

How do most, if not all coal fired plants fire the coal?

To say that a 50-60 year old facility is 'perfectly serviceable' is laughable.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

It's only more expensive because of all the regulations Obama has imposed on it.

Coal is more expensive because natural gas costs less.

What does "fire the coal" even mean? Are you asking how do they start it? What difference does that make? If they used natural gas, would that mean the power plant could use natural gas as fuel? No it wouldn't, douche bag.

We aren't talking about 50-60 year old power plants. We're talking about power plants that are 10-20 years old. And, yes, a 50 year old power plant is often perfectly serviceable.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Coal is more expensive because natural gas costs less.

When you figure in the $1 billion it costs to build a new gas fired power plant, it doesn't cost less, numskull.

What does "fire the coal" even mean? Are you asking how do they start it? What difference does that make? If they used natural gas, would that mean the power plant could use natural gas as fuel? No it wouldn't, douche bag.

We aren't talking about 50-60 year old power plants. We're talking about power plants that are 10-20 years old. And, yes, a 50 year old power plant is often perfectly serviceable.

They already have natural gas in the chamber to create heat. Why do they need coal?

We aren't talking about 50-60 year old power plants. We're talking about power plants that are 10-20 years old.

Here's a list. Show us.

Coal Plants Affected by EPA Regulations

And, yes, a 50 year old power plant is often perfectly serviceable.

You've changed from 'perfectly serviceable' to 'often perfectly serviceable.' Backpedal Canadian, backpedal. LOL!!!!

Forum List

Back