Trump, the "Draft Dodger"

McCain ran for years on repealing Obamacare only to give a thumbs down vote to spite TRUMP. He f-ed over everyone who voted for him.
As for Kerry he's made himself into a joke.

McCain voted in favor of the Republican plan to replace Obamacare
When Republicans failed and instead tried to just repeal Obamacare with nothing to replace it, he said NO

Asthma, DUMBASS.

What Disqualifies You from the Military Draft? - UCMJ

View attachment 994360
UCMJ
https://ucmj.us › what-disqualifies-you-from-the-militar...

Chronic Illnesses and Conditions​

Chronic illnesses and conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, or severe asthma can also make you ineligible. Continuous medication or treatment requirements for these conditions may interfere with military duties. For example, individuals who need daily insulin injections or those prone to frequent seizures generally cannot fulfill the demands of military service.
The same as trump

4 deferments for collage and the last one for bonespurs

I'll at least give Trump credit for paying his respects in a dignified manner.

784222ffcb44992a895f44a426f77e94c3cbb019171ebba179031d7077398be0.jpg

The same as trump

4 deferments for collage and the last one for bonespurs

NOT the same.

Trump made up injury to dodge Vietnam service, his former ...​

1723472531153.png
Military Times
https://www.militarytimes.com › news › 2019/02/27 › t...

Feb 27, 2019 — WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump acknowledged to advisors that he made up a fake injury to avoid military service, because “I wasn't ...

Trump's Vietnam bone spur diagnosis made as 'favor ...​

1723472591925.png
USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com › onpolitics › 2018/12/27 › tr...

Dec 26, 2018 — Elysa Braunstein said her father diagnosed Donald Trump with bones spurs at the height of the Vietnam War as a favor to his landlord, ..

NOT the same.

Trump made up injury to dodge Vietnam service, his former ...

View attachment 994382
Military Times
https://www.militarytimes.com › news › 2019/02/27 › t...
Feb 27, 2019 — WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump acknowledged to advisors that he made up a fake injury to avoid military service, because “I wasn't ...

Trump's Vietnam bone spur diagnosis made as 'favor ...

View attachment 994383
USA Today
https://www.usatoday.com › onpolitics › 2018/12/27 › tr...
Dec 26, 2018 — Elysa Braunstein said her father diagnosed Donald Trump with bones spurs at the height of the Vietnam War as a favor to his landlord, ..
“ Podiatrist's daughters say”

You must be joking

Next you’ll claim they arent dyed in the wool drmocrats

Asthma, DUMBASS.

What Disqualifies You from the Military Draft? - UCMJ

View attachment 994360
UCMJ
https://ucmj.us › what-disqualifies-you-from-the-militar...

Chronic Illnesses and Conditions​

Chronic illnesses and conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, or severe asthma can also make you ineligible. Continuous medication or treatment requirements for these conditions may interfere with military duties. For example, individuals who need daily insulin injections or those prone to frequent seizures generally cannot fulfill the demands of military service.
Except Biden didn't have chronic asthma. While he may have had it as a child, he was a perfectly healthy adolescent and adult capable of playing college level football.

Both biden and trump “discovered” medical deferments after their education excuses were exhausted

So I’m impressed with anger at trump only
MAYBE............Because, it's the TRUTH.

Why did Trump DIS veterans every chance he got?
Veterans bite back.

I'm posting this for any of our correspondents who may be too young to know what actually went on w/r/t the military draft during the 60's.

First, you need to picture Woodstock. You know, those hundreds of thousands of revelers, celebrating their music, their culture, MJ, sexual freedom, and all that. Now look closer at just the males. They were virtually all draft dodgers. Almost every single one. I personally didn't go to Woodstock because I was in the Army, stationed in RVN. (I have no regrets on that front).

Now picture the anti-war demonstrations of the same era. Those demonstrations included a few "John Kerry types" who had served for a few years, then decided to hitch their boat to the anti-war movement, mainly to access the drugs and pussy that was so abundant therein. But all the rest of them were draft dodgers - college students who were availing themselves of the "2S" deferment (you couldn't be drafted as long as you were a college student in good standing).

The fact is that just about everyone whose family was "middle class" was able to avoid of the Armed Forces one way or another, except for the occasional outlier who actually WANTED to serve, and those kids came mainly from the South. Some managed to get into the National Guard or Reserves where there was very little chance of being required to go to Vietnam. There was a period when even though you went to college, you were still subject to the draft when you graduated (before the Draft Lottery), and most of those young men figured out a way to go in as officers, thus minimizing the chances that they would ever be shot at.

Some of "us" wonder why, when so many Americans of the Boomer generation were drafted or enlisted to avoid the draft, so few politicians seem to have served. And this is why: if their parents were reasonably well off, military service could be avoided one way or another - with a physical issue, joining a cushy reserve unit, or simply delaying draft eligibility until it was very unlikely that you would be drafted.

So now we come to Donald "Bone Spurs" Trump, who avoided the draft because of a physical defect. If he had not avoided the draft because of bone spurs, it would have been something else. People in his economic stratum DID NOT SERVE unless they chose to serve. If you want to think of him as a "draft dodger," go right ahead and do it, but remember that dodging the draft at that time was something that everyone at his economic level did. One of the reasons why so many working-class men resented the draft at the time was that there were so many deferments that anyone with means could simply avoid it, and that ain't fair. That is why when the subject comes up today, "we" all say something to the effect that if there is ever a draft again, there must be NO DEFERMENTS.

In a television interview yesterday, JDV was asked to justify their criticism of Governor Walz, given Donald Trump's record of avoiding the draft. What he came up with was that Trump never lied about his draft-related choices, and Walz has lied about several important particulars of his military service.

Vance could have said, "Essentially nobody in Trump's peer group served during Vietnam unless they wanted to. There was nothing shameful or exceptional about how Trump and his family dealt with it."

But one must assume that the audience is stupid and ill-informed, so you must speak in simple generalities.
And he who judges another based on political/media propaganda and dogma when they have no knowledge of any kind of that person's actual circumstances or what actually happened seriously errs/sins.

Evenso to judge the decisions a person made in their early 20's instead of the person they have become more than five decades later is so wrong it should not be necessary to even discuss. Don't judge me or anybody else by our distant past. We don't live there any more.

Last edited:
Pardon me for asking an inconvenient question, but if Trump really had bone spurs, why was he playing baseball for a NY Yankees AA team, after passing their physical exam, and being cleared to play at the same time he claimed to the draft board to have bone spurs? :oops:
after biden got out for asthma he was playing college football.....same difference?...

He never did

"He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people ...​

1723474601716.png
YouTube · C-SPAN
481K+ views · 9 years ago

Donald Trump comments on John McCain at 2015 Family Leadership Summit in Iowa. Watch the complete video here: cs.pn.

Trump cancels WW1 memorial at U.S. cemetery in France ...​

1723474721163.png
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › article › world › trump-canc...

Nov 10, 2018 — President Donald Trump could not attend a commemoration in France for U.S. soldiers and marines killed during World War One on Saturday ...

i went to school with a guy who had asthma,,,,,he was in the navy for 4 years....
When?

Can I enlist in the military with asthma? - MedicalNewsToday

1723475007353.png
MedicalNewsToday
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com › articles › can-i-en...

The military does not permit people with active asthma to enlist. However, those who have a history of asthma but have had no symptoms after the age of 13 years may plead eligibility by requesting a medical waiver. Approval for a medical waiver occurs on a case-to-case basis.Jan 13, 2022

Forum List

Back