Trump thinks the SCOTUS can overturn the second Amendment

Here's a clue for all the moron Trump Supporters......An amendment to the constitution can only be overturned by a super majority of the House and Senate and three quarters of the states.

You can't really blame Trump for thinking the Judicial Branch can rewrite the Constitution...after Obergefell...

Here's a clue for all the moron Trump Supporters......An amendment to the constitution can only be overturned by a super majority of the House and Senate and three quarters of the states.

That's an example of how ignorant Trump and is minions are. It's just another Nazi style propaganda fear tactic.

And suggesting that Clinton even plans to overturn the 2nd amendment is a flat out LIE!

There is a big difference between banning assault weapons and taking everyone's guns away.

Trying to take away 300 million guns from Americans is as big a fantasy as building a wall across the Mexican boarder.....both are impossible.

Well NYC is doing just that. How is 3-6 months of paperwork and $1000 in fees not considered "infringement"?

That's infringement and they're taking your right away.

Thank you. The problem is the local judiciary thinks people should disarmed as well, and the rest of NY State doesn't care as long as NYC doesn't export its laws past the border of the 5 Boroughs.

The Northeast has long given up on freedom. They would rather be led around by the nose. They're worse than the loyalists.

That's an example of how ignorant Trump and is minions are. It's just another Nazi style propaganda fear tactic.

And suggesting that Clinton even plans to overturn the 2nd amendment is a flat out LIE!

There is a big difference between banning assault weapons and taking everyone's guns away.

Trying to take away 300 million guns from Americans is as big a fantasy as building a wall across the Mexican boarder.....both are impossible.

Well NYC is doing just that. How is 3-6 months of paperwork and $1000 in fees not considered "infringement"?

Thank you. The problem is the local judiciary thinks people should disarmed as well, and the rest of NY State doesn't care as long as NYC doesn't export its laws past the border of the 5 Boroughs.

The Northeast has long given up on freedom. They would rather be led around by the nose. They're worse than the loyalists.

it's not all of us, but there are too many people willing to give up freedom for goodies to overcome at the ballot box.

it's not all of us, but there are too many people willing to give up freedom for goodies to overcome at the ballot box.

Oh I know. Didn't mean to broadbrush everyone. Just the majority.

Trump said "abolish"

for whatever reason "amendment" entered the conversation

which one is it?

Trump said "abolish"

which one is it?

Whatever he said, she is hostile to 2nd amendment rights. Again, you guys get all flustered because he doesn't know how to bullshit like a politician does.

But keep blowing crap out of proportion, the crying wolf every 5 minutes can only help the idiot.

Trump said "abolish"

which one is it?

Whatever he said, she is hostile to 2nd amendment rights. Again, you guys get all flustered because he doesn't know how to bullshit like a politician does.

But keep blowing crap out of proportion, the crying wolf every 5 minutes can only help the idiot.

this is exactly what he said ..

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish, the Second Amendment,” he said. “By the way, and if she gets to pick — if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. ”

who is blowing crap out of proportion ?

The Constitution has been amended 33 times. What's one more?

Seriously! Are you folks that claim to know about the Constitution going to let this comment slide without comment.

The Constitution as been amended 27 times, not 33.

Trump said "abolish"

which one is it?

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish, the Second Amendment,” he said. “By the way, and if she gets to pick — if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. ”

I live in a city where there is "nothing I can do" If I want to get a handgun permit without waiting 3-6 months and paying $1000. No one wants to overturn the Sullivan law, and attempts in courts to get rid of it have all failed.

He's spot on in this case on the intentions of most progressives.

The Constitution has been amended 33 times. What's one more?

Seriously! Are you folks that claim to know about the Constitution going to let this comment slide without comment.

The Constitution as been amended 27 times, not 33.

Trump lies, idiots that dont know any better shit all over themselves, then because they're idiots they lie.

and these morons want to have a say in the future of the country?

Helloooooooooooooo IDIOTS .... IT WON'T HAPPEN !

Trump said "abolish"

which one is it?

I live in a city where there is "nothing I can do" If I want to get a handgun permit without waiting 3-6 months and paying $1000. No one wants to overturn the Sullivan law, and attempts in courts to get rid of it have all failed.

Im a life NRA member, I own more guns than a small gun store. I have NO problem with waiting periods and buying firearms .. NONE.

It's classic fearmongering.

SUPPORTING TRUMP MEANS GUN OWNERS WILL KILL HILLARY
SUPPORTING TRUMP MEANS THE US KICKING OUT ALL MUSLIMS
SUPPORTING TRUMP MEANS THE US IS GOING TO ABANDON NATO
SUPPORTING TRUMP MEANS YOU HATE BABIES AND WANT TO KICK THEM OUT OF EVENTS

/thread.

Trump shouldn't say those things then should he.

Trump should go back to screwing people on real estate deals
He will.

Trump said "abolish"

which one is it?

Im a life NRA member, I own more guns than a small gun store. I have NO problem with waiting periods and buying firearms .. NONE.

3-6 months of waiting, and a $1000 in fees to get a revolver to keep in your own house/apartment?

How can anyone so lame find the free time to post garbage like this.

Of course SCOTUS could have a huge impact on gun rights by creating their own laws on the subject. They did it with Obumacare!

A reinterpretation of the 2nd Amendment can be easily achieved by a court decision changing accepted rights as only applied to organized militia, not private ownership. That means all weapons can be confiscated and put in a state run armory. You will have right to own one, you just won't have the right to keep one in your home. Even the Somalis didn't go for that when I was there. The UN confiscated everything. But then all of them disappeared.

You are 100% right!
here is exactly what the 2nd Amendment states:

Here is the amendment as ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, then-Secretary of State:[33]
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Context at the time...

Coming off the revolutionary war where the vast majority of the fighting was done by "regulated militia" as there was NO US ARMY etc. at that time.
So in the context of that time, of course taking arms from the people would mean NO militia. No way of protecting America.
BUT in context of THIS TIME:
With millions of police, national guards, and our entire military what need for a militia is what a SCOTUS court would declare interpreting the 2nd Amendment!

Trump said "abolish"

which one is it?

3-6 months of waiting, and a $1000 in fees to get a revolver to keep in your own house/apartment?

opposed to not being able to LEGALLY buy a revolver at all, then yes.

They've been saying Obama was just about to take their guns for the last 7 years. You think no action made toward that goal is seen as something is off?

Not to the GOP it doesnt

You can't really blame Trump for thinking the Judicial Branch can rewrite the Constitution...after Obergefell...

The 2008 Supreme Court decision In a 5 to 4 decision those justices ruled that the Second Amendment gives Americans the right to own guns for personal self-defense, despite the amendment’s opening language - “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, ” - which pretty clearly says that gun ownership was specifically preserved by the founding fathers in the interest of the common defense against a tyrannical government (remember, this was the issue on their minds back then).
Gun rights advocates cheered. Gun control advocates cried foul.
The Supreme Court Ruling on the 2nd Amendment Did NOT Grant an Unlimited Right to Own Guns

He is right. Regressed liberals CONSTANTLY make arguments as to how the 2nd amendment doesn't mean what it clearly does. With liberal scotus the amendment will take the meaning that the government military and Hillary Clinton's security force only can have guns.

Forum List

Back