Trump threatens extortion

No, I think releasing classified documents for the purpose of getting even with political opponents can. The purpose of declassifying such documents is when doing so no longer exposes national security. Not to blackmail one’s political opponents into not investigating him.

How can it be blackmail if nobody did anything wrong?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
It’s blackmail regardless of whether or not there was wrong doing.

No, blackmail is when you have criminal evidence against somebody and are threatening to reveal that evidence unless your demands are met. If there is no criminal evidence, there can't be blackmail.
Wrong, criminal evidence is not a requirement. There doesn't even have to be a crime, it could be something legal but embarrassing, like revealing an affair. Also, the crime is in demanding money in exchange for silence; not for revealing the matter at hand. So even blackmail based on the belief that there was a crime or something embarrassing is all that is needed, even if there was none; as the crime is solely on the actions of the blackmailer.

Here is an example. This is the law in Florida. As you can see, a crime on the victim's part is not required.

836.05 Threats; extortion.—Whoever, either verbally or by a written or printed communication, maliciously threatens to accuse another of any crime or offense, or by such communication maliciously threatens an injury to the person, property or reputation of another, or maliciously threatens to expose another to disgrace, or to expose any secret affecting another, or to impute any deformity or lack of chastity to another, with intent thereby to extort money or any pecuniary advantage whatsoever, or with intent to compel the person so threatened, or any other person, to do any act or refrain from doing any act against his or her will, shall be guilty of a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. [/URL]775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Trump just blackmailed Democrats and the sycophantic right, ever diligent and loyal to trump, leap once again at the opportunity to defend his boorish tactics.

So what does that have to do with what I said?

If Trump doesn't have anything, he has no ability to blackmail anybody.
Still extortion

If I have evidence you committed a crime and demand $1 million to keep quiet

That is blackmail and extortion

LOLOLOL

You crack me up. You don't even know what investigations might pop up -- yet here you are, already claiming they'll be "squandering tax payer money." But you do reveal more than you intend. Was "harassing the president and driving his approval ratings down" the reason Republicans re-opened Whitewater? And then parlayed that into endless investigations like travelgate, filegate, vincefostergate, etc...

Nah, it is most certainly you who's swallowed the Kool-Aid. Every last drop.
So what you're saying is that you approve of opening investigations in the House for harassing the President and improving Democrats' chances in 2020, a clear abuse of power and a waste of taxpayer money, and this leads you to make up lies about the President threatening national security. In post after post you reveal to us that you have no idea why you hate the President so much.
No, that's not actually what I said.
icon_rolleyes.gif

What I said was you're projecting since Republicans were the ones who actually held endless investigations and squandered tens of millions of tax payer dollars.
Obviously, you're expressing your support for the Democrats' plan to use the House for their own political gain instead of using it for the good of the nation by trying to justify it with your nonsense of what the Republicans, you claim, once did. What is wrong with you that you keep making statements you are ashamed of?
And the only one suggesting they will crank up bogus investigations — is you, projecting that on me.

I didn’t say that — you did.

Which revealed you were projecting since that’s exactly why Republicans did while Bill Clinton was president and then again while Obama was president.

What investigations did Republicans have while DumBama was in office?
BENGHAZI !!!

The only difference between whether or not they actually have something worth revealing is the reaction of the victim. If they have nothing, even though they believe they do, the victim is more likely to simply ignore the threat.

Then go ahead and ignore it. Obviously they are not. So the threat must have some reality to it.

It's not extortion if there was no wrongdoing. An example of extortion is Jessie Jackson. That was Democrat endorsed extortion. In fact he became a very wealthy man through extortion.
If you loved your country more than you loved Tiny, then you’d be pissed at him for not releasing what you believe to be illegal activities conducted by Democrats.

There are no illegal activities. All the illegalities were conducted by the left. The DNC had their emails hacked by the Russians under the leadership of Barack Obama. They refused to let the FBI investigate, and then somehow blamed Trump. Afterwards the got information from the Russian government and used that information to spy on Trump, but you’re worried about Trumps illegal activities?

So what you're saying is that you approve of opening investigations in the House for harassing the President and improving Democrats' chances in 2020, a clear abuse of power and a waste of taxpayer money, and this leads you to make up lies about the President threatening national security. In post after post you reveal to us that you have no idea why you hate the President so much.
icon_rolleyes.gif

What I said was you're projecting since Republicans were the ones who actually held endless investigations and squandered tens of millions of tax payer dollars.
Obviously, you're expressing your support for the Democrats' plan to use the House for their own political gain instead of using it for the good of the nation by trying to justify it with your nonsense of what the Republicans, you claim, once did. What is wrong with you that you keep making statements you are ashamed of?
And the only one suggesting they will crank up bogus investigations — is you, projecting that on me.

Which revealed you were projecting since that’s exactly why Republicans did while Bill Clinton was president and then again while Obama was president.

Actually , Clinton was guilty of sexually harassing Paula Corbin Jones and paid her off.

Executives in the Private Sector- where Trump came from- are traditionally fired on the spot for such a transgression.
Bullshit. Her case was thrown out of court due to lack of merit. After she lost, she filed an appeal and that’s when Clinton paid her to go away, accepting the money only, with no admission of guilt from Clinton.

Like I always say, if conservatives didn’t lie, they’d have nothing to say.

Talk about lying. The reason she continued to go after Clinton was because he offered her money with no apology. Had he manned up and apologized, Lewinski would have never been investigated.

LOLOLOL

An expected reply.

View attachment 231748
fast n furious, Benghazi- 8 separate committee investigations, IRS Lois Lerner gate, IRAN deal, Clinton email ..... etc etc etc

And which one of these had an outside independent investigation?
there was no need for one, Obama did not fire any investigator like Trump did, with Comey

Oh, there was no need for one. How about they would have never allowed it? At the very least, Lynch should have been investigated for her little airplane meeting. She didn’t even hint at recusing herself.

LOLOLOL

An expected reply.

View attachment 231748
fast n furious, Benghazi- 8 separate committee investigations, IRS Lois Lerner gate, IRAN deal, Clinton email ..... etc etc etc

It doesn’t fucking matter, ya fruit loop dingus. You proved to be rightarded enough to actually ask, “What investigations did Republicans have while DumBama was in office?”

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yes, the left hates when they compare apples to oranges and then get called for it.

The only difference between whether or not they actually have something worth revealing is the reaction of the victim. If they have nothing, even though they believe they do, the victim is more likely to simply ignore the threat.

Then go ahead and ignore it. Obviously they are not. So the threat must have some reality to it.

It's not extortion if there was no wrongdoing. An example of extortion is Jessie Jackson. That was Democrat endorsed extortion. In fact he became a very wealthy man through extortion.
If you loved your country more than you loved Tiny, then you’d be pissed at him for not releasing what you believe to be illegal activities conducted by Democrats.

There are no illegal activities. All the illegalities were conducted by the left. The DNC had their emails hacked by the Russians under the leadership of Barack Obama. They refused to let the FBI investigate, and then somehow blamed Trump. Afterwards the got information from the Russian government and used that information to spy on Trump, but you’re worried about Trumps illegal activities?

Try paying attention — it helps

You’re claiming all the illegalities were committed by the left. Trump says he has proof of that but won’t release it.

lying con tool, everyone knows you have zero proof to back that up.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Gee, why do you think Barry's college records are guarded like nuclear launch codes, Faun? They don't want anyone to GET the proof of the scams he was running back then.
gawd almighty, more bull crap propaganda... do you EVER research anything?

nothing special has been done to Obama's school records.... it's simply the LAW, covering every student... schools can't give out any info on you due to privacy laws, without your own personal, in writing, permission. :rolleyes:

But there is nothing to prevent "Obama" from giving that permission, and alleviating the suspicion that a lot of people have about "Obama" aka Barry Soetoro. The transitioning into Obama has never been fully explained and the school records could go a long way toward understanding this historical character.
be honest! there is NOTHING that would ever satisfy ''birthers''.... the facts and truth and fact checks all dispelled their conspiracies.... yet to this very day, 10 years after Obama was elected, we have people like Oldstyle regurgitating the manufactured lies of the ''birthers''....

Were you not paying attention to what I said, Care? I've never denied that Obama was born here in the US. It's quite obvious that he was. What I simply pointed out is it looks like Barry played a little fast and loose with the truth when he was applying to colleges and getting student aid. If it worked to his advantage to claim that he was a foreign student he did so. Hence the need to lock up his college records like those nuclear launch codes!
but he didn't get any foreign scholarships old style, those were all conspiracies created by the birthers, and you are repeating their lies that they manufactured.

FACT CHECK: Did Barack Obama Attend Columbia University as a Foreign Student?

FALSE: Barack Obama Was a Foreign College Student

rating-false.png

Fact check: Eight years of trolling Obama

icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually , Clinton was guilty of sexually harassing Paula Corbin Jones and paid her off.

Executives in the Private Sector- where Trump came from- are traditionally fired on the spot for such a transgression.
Bullshit. Her case was thrown out of court due to lack of merit. After she lost, she filed an appeal and that’s when Clinton paid her to go away, accepting the money only, with no admission of guilt from Clinton.

Talk about lying. The reason she continued to go after Clinton was because he offered her money with no apology. Had he manned up and apologized, Lewinski would have never been investigated.

You dumbfuck, a) she filed her appeal before he offered to settle. He only offered to settle after she filed for an appeal to make her go away; b) why would he apologize for something he said he didn’t do? And c) you’re beyond help if you think Lewinsky wouldn’t have been investigated under any circumstance. Once Linda Tripp put that ball in motion, there was no stopping it.

Try paying attention — it helps

You’re claiming all the illegalities were committed by the left. Trump says he has proof of that but won’t release it.

GOWDY already discredited the Republicans and Trump on their shenanigans...

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said Sunday that the documents President Trump ordered declassified related to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation are unlikely to change anyone's views on the probe.

Gowdy said on CBS's "Face the Nation" that "99.9 percent" of the documents Trump ordered declassified are unrelated to the president.

"I generally am on the side of transparency, with the caveat do nothing that jeopardizes national security or impacts our relationship with our allies," said Gowdy, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

"I've seen all of it, and with the exception of one document, I don’t think anybody’s mind is going to be changed when they read this stuff," he added.

The White House last Monday said the president had ordered the Justice Department and Office of the Director of National Intelligence to declassify and release a series of documents related to the Russia probe “at the request of a number of committees of Congress and for reasons of transparency."

Trump on Friday delayed the release of the documents after "key allies" raised concerns.

In a series of tweets, the president said he recently met with Justice Department officials about his request and that they agreed to release the documents, while noting that they expressed concerns that doing so could have a "perceived negative impact" on Mueller's investigation into Russian interference during the 2016 election.

The documents include a highly secret application for a surveillance warrant on former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

Trump has also asked the Justice Department to release "all text messages" related to the Russia probe, including those from former FBI Director James Comey and a handful of current and former officials whom conservatives have accused of exhibiting political bias against Trump.

Gowdy on Sunday called it "terrible," "heartbreaking" and "sad" that Trump has often publicly feuded with his own Justice Department, particularly Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Gowdy said he understands Trump's frustration that Sessions recused himself from overseeing the Russia investigation, but added that the Justice Department is a branch that depends on objectivity.

"I would prefer that they keep their differences private," Gowdy said.

Gowdy: Declassified documents unlikely to change anyone's mind on Russia investigation

It doesn’t fucking matter, ya fruit loop dingus. You proved to be rightarded when you asked,“what investigations did Republicans have while DumBama was in office?”

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yes, the left hates when they compare apples to oranges and then get called for it.

Dumbfuck, you actually asked the dumbest question on this forum.

“what investigations did Republicans have while DumBama was in office?”

1233796371590.gif

Suck it up & deal with it.

I suspect he thinks it'll be more valuable if released during the 2020 campaign. It probably would be if Democrats pick their nominee from anybody notable in the Obama administration such as Hillary or Biden. Wife and her friend are going out to listen to Joe Biden tonight, for sure he won't be admitting anything.

Does this mean that Trump is going to prove, once and for all, that Obama is not a US citizen?

It isn't that Obama isn't a US citizen...it's that he lied about NOT being one when he was a student trying to scam the things that foreign students get from American colleges!
lying con tool, everyone knows you have zero proof to back that up.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Gee, why do you think Barry's college records are guarded like nuclear launch codes, Faun? They don't want anyone to GET the proof of the scams he was running back then.

nothing special has been done to Obama's school records.... it's simply the LAW, covering every student... schools can't give out any info on you due to privacy laws, without your own personal, in writing, permission. :rolleyes:

The man runs for President with zero Executive experience...no legislative success...nothing published as a college lecturer...and nothing exceptional done as a lawyer! His one "accomplishment" as an adult is graduating with honors from Harvard Law School and becoming the first black President of the Harvard Law Review! So why would someone not want to disclose his records from when he was at Harvard? Why wouldn't Barry be TRUMPETING his academic record from the rooftops? Unlike you liberal shills...I'm a common sense kind of guy! When someone doesn't disclose something that they SHOULD be proud of...I wonder why that is! So you tell me, Kiddies...why wouldn't Obama release his college records and put pressure on those he was running against to do the same? Why would he hide behind the privacy laws precluding schools from releasing information about students? I'd love it if you could give me one reason for that that made any sense at all!

i suspect another empty threat from Trump

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/28/politics/new-york-post-trump-threatens-declassify-devastating-dems/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

President Donald Trump said that if Democrats "want to play tough" when they control the House of Representatives next year, he will declassify documents that will be "devastating" to them.
"If they want to play tough, I will do it," Trump told the New York Post in an interview Wednesday. "They will see how devastating those pages are."

Good for him....give em a taste of their own medicine and they can't say they weren't warned. Tired of seeing him have to put up with the shit storm they've thrown at him....it's time several of them went to prison for their treachery and treason. Or they can knock it off and work with him to get things done and the country put back on the right track.

icon_rolleyes.gif

The reason why Slick Willy was investigated in the Lewinski matter is that it was evidence in the matter of Paula Corbin Jones, the aide who he sexually harassed.

And the reason why Clinton lied was because of the MONEY he owed Jones for the harassment. He got off really cheap, paying only $800k instead of the $3 M he owed.

You dumbfuck, a) she filed her appeal before he offered to settle. He only offered to settle after she filed for an appeal to make her go away; b) why would he apologize for something he said he didn’t do? And c) you’re beyond help if you think Lewinsky wouldn’t have been investigated under any circumstance. Once Linda Tripp put that ball in motion, there was no stopping it.

Lewinsky was only brought up to prove that Clinton had a record of taking advantage of subordinates. Since he lied about Jones and she had no way to prove it, they set sails to prove it with other people.

On August 29, 1997, Jones' attorneys Davis and Cammarata asked to resign from the case, believing the settlement offer they had secured, which Jones refused, was the appropriate way to end the case.[14] Jones had reportedly told her lawyers she wanted an apology from Clinton, in addition to a settlement.[15] In September, Judge Wright accepted their request.[10]

Paula Jones - Wikipedia

But there is nothing to prevent "Obama" from giving that permission, and alleviating the suspicion that a lot of people have about "Obama" aka Barry Soetoro. The transitioning into Obama has never been fully explained and the school records could go a long way toward understanding this historical character.
be honest! there is NOTHING that would ever satisfy ''birthers''.... the facts and truth and fact checks all dispelled their conspiracies.... yet to this very day, 10 years after Obama was elected, we have people like Oldstyle regurgitating the manufactured lies of the ''birthers''....

Were you not paying attention to what I said, Care? I've never denied that Obama was born here in the US. It's quite obvious that he was. What I simply pointed out is it looks like Barry played a little fast and loose with the truth when he was applying to colleges and getting student aid. If it worked to his advantage to claim that he was a foreign student he did so. Hence the need to lock up his college records like those nuclear launch codes!
but he didn't get any foreign scholarships old style, those were all conspiracies created by the birthers, and you are repeating their lies that they manufactured.

FACT CHECK: Did Barack Obama Attend Columbia University as a Foreign Student?

FALSE: Barack Obama Was a Foreign College Student

rating-false.png

Fact check: Eight years of trolling Obama

There is no proof one way or another whether Obama was a foreign student or a domestic one at Columbia. Saying its "false" is false.

This is just an unknown mystery, and at this point in time, who gives a shit. Just another thing the American people don't know about the mystery man, B. Hussein O who rose from the ashes of good old Barry Soetoro the capo of Honolulu's notorious Choom Gang.

Somewhere along the way Soetoro decided to reinvent himself as Obama and he ain't saying why.

The reason why Slick Willy was investigated in the Lewinski matter is that it was evidence in the matter of Paula Corbin Jones, the aide who he sexually harassed.

And the reason why Clinton lied was because of the MONEY he owed Jones for the harassment. He got off really cheap, paying only $800k instead of the $3 M he owed.
And yet, according to the court where Paula Jones presented her case, there was no evidence she was sexually harassed.

Go figure rightards still lie about that.

And yet, according to the court where Paula Jones presented her case, there was no evidence she was sexually harassed.

Go figure rightards still lie about that.

Ms. Jones' own TESTIMONY was the evidence. And wasn't the point of the "Me Too" movement is that the Broad is always believed in this type of matter?

Forum List

Back