Trump threatens extortion

i suspect another empty threat from Trump

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/28/politics/new-york-post-trump-threatens-declassify-devastating-dems/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

President Donald Trump said that if Democrats "want to play tough" when they control the House of Representatives next year, he will declassify documents that will be "devastating" to them.
"If they want to play tough, I will do it," Trump told the New York Post in an interview Wednesday. "They will see how devastating those pages are."
This is truly bizarre. It can’t ever have happened before. Ever.

A leader of a nation openly threatens to reveal secret information about his country in order to control political opposition.

It’s crazy.

The secret information isn't about the COUNTRY, but about rogue Deep State agents within the government corrupting our country

How is this "extortion"? If Mueller and the libs have nothing to hide, why would they care about this at all?
Since when does a president of the U.S. release classified documents to the public in order to get even with his political opponents?
Since the libs militarise our fbi, cia dea and whatever 3 letter agency’s to rig an election and overthrow our legally elected Persident. Release it all President Trump. By the way, you’re not used to a Republican playing the game like a democrat are you.
No Democrat I know of threatened to compromise national security in an attempt to prevent being investigated. Of whom do you speak?
So you think exposing corrupt practices in the Justice Department threatens national security?
No, I think releasing classified documents for the purpose of getting even with political opponents can. The purpose of declassifying such documents is when doing so no longer exposes national security. Not to blackmail one’s political opponents into not investigating him.
What makes you think releasing these particular classified documents woud threaten national security?

Since when does a president of the U.S. release classified documents to the public in order to get even with his political opponents?
Since the libs militarise our fbi, cia dea and whatever 3 letter agency’s to rig an election and overthrow our legally elected Persident. Release it all President Trump. By the way, you’re not used to a Republican playing the game like a democrat are you.
No Democrat I know of threatened to compromise national security in an attempt to prevent being investigated. Of whom do you speak?
So you think exposing corrupt practices in the Justice Department threatens national security?
No, I think releasing classified documents for the purpose of getting even with political opponents can. The purpose of declassifying such documents is when doing so no longer exposes national security. Not to blackmail one’s political opponents into not investigating him.

How can it be blackmail if nobody did anything wrong?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
google can be your friend

Common ploy from Trump

Claim you have damaging information on an opponent and use it as a threat

Somehow, that information never materializes
Didn't Trump have a source that would "prove" something about Obama's birth certificate?

What happened to that?

It has been proven to ad naseum that Barrypuppet's certificate of live birth was a fraudulent document......try and keep up.

Common ploy from Trump

Claim you have damaging information on an opponent and use it as a threat

Somehow, that information never materializes
Didn't Trump have a source that would "prove" something about Obama's birth certificate?

What happened to that?

It has been proven to ad naseum that Barrypuppet's certificate of live birth was a fraudulent document......try and keep up.

Certificate of live birth? Are you suggesting he was born dead?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/28/politics/new-york-post-trump-threatens-declassify-devastating-dems/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

President Donald Trump said that if Democrats "want to play tough" when they control the House of Representatives next year, he will declassify documents that will be "devastating" to them.
"If they want to play tough, I will do it," Trump told the New York Post in an interview Wednesday. "They will see how devastating those pages are."

A leader of a nation openly threatens to reveal secret information about his country in order to control political opposition.

It’s crazy.

The secret information isn't about the COUNTRY, but about rogue Deep State agents within the government corrupting our country

That’s perhaps even worse. That would imply that the US is run like a banana republic. And if you think Trump was some sort of medicine- he would already declassified information not vital to the country.

You just described USA as a rogue nation run by a extortionist.

It’s blackmail regardless of whether or not there was wrong doing.
If they did nothing wrong, then why are they and you so afraid of the President releasing these documents?

How is this "extortion"? If Mueller and the libs have nothing to hide, why would they care about this at all?
Open your eyes, everything hillary sent to her bathroom server was copied by our enemys.
Well there's your version, that of an Internet warrior...

… and then there's the FBI's version …

FBI: No evidence Clinton server hacked despite Trump tweet

Take a guess at who I believe....

How does this compromise "national security"? There isn't a single bit of corroboration as to the alleged ruination of hotel mattresses at the Moscow Ritz Carlton. The people have a right to know
The purpose of declassifying government secrets is when doing so is no longer a threat to national security.

Trump is threatening to declassify government secrets in an attempt to scare Democrats from investigating him.
The dirty tricks that hillaryand company did are not National Security. It’s illegal in the first place to classify material to cover up criminal activity or because its embarrassing.
It looks like you're posting on the wrong site. You should be over at www.ihatethatfuckingbitchhitlery.com

What makes you think releasing these particular classified documents woud threaten national security?
I said it could, not that it necessarily would. Obviously, I'm not privy to its contents. But given material is classified to protect national security, declassifying it for the purpose of blackmailing political opponents so they hopefully won't investigate the president, certainly poses that risk. That's why we've never seen a president make such a careless threat.

You'd care about this nation if you weren't such a committed cult member who puts the president above everything else.

If they did nothing wrong, then why are they and you so afraid of the President releasing these documents?
I'm not afraid. Why would I be? The first time Nunes tried that, it blew up in his face. Then Trump tried it, and it blew up in his. Despite their incessant crying that folks would go to jail over the material they would eventually release, when the whole picture was painted, no one had actually done anything legally offensible and no one was charged with any crimes.

So it's not fear that drives me on this thread -- it's outrage that a president could be so scared and careless, that he'd risk the nation's security to use classified material as a tool to try to squelch the Congress from doing their job of investigating potential wrong-doing on his part.

Trump thinks releasing the classified FISA warrants against all his fellow crooks will somehow hurt the Democrats!

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Priceless.

The President is the one who is holding the warrants, and a number of key Liberals have already seen them.

Mueller has presumably seen them, no? And Comey?

They should be welcoming it if they think its a bluff.

So you have no idea about our justice system and how it works.

The president doesn't have any authority to issue any warrants. Law enforcement does that.

What you posted is delusional lies.

I said it could, not that it necessarily would. Obviously, I'm not privy to its contents. But given material is classified to protect national security, declassifying it for the purpose of blackmailing political opponents so they hopefully won't investigate the president, certainly poses that risk. That's why we've never seen a president make such a careless threat.

You'd care about this nation if you weren't such a committed cult member who puts the president above everything else.
Spoken like a true cult member who puts Democratic politics above the welfare and security of the nation. The Democrats are threatening to squander tax payer money on investigations for the purpose of harassing the President and driving his approval ratings down instead of dealing with the nation's issues, and you think that's just fine, but you make up nonsense about the documents he is threatening to release being a danger to national security. Have you no shame at all or is it you have no intelligence at all?

I'm not afraid. Why would I be? The first time Nunes tried that, it blew up in his face. Then Trump tried it, and it blew up in his. Despite their incessant crying that folks would go to jail over the material they would eventually release, when the whole picture was painted, no one had actually done anything legally offensible and no one was charged with any crimes.

So it's not fear that drives me on this thread -- it's outrage that a president could be so scared and careless, that he'd risk the nation's security to use classified material as a tool to try to squelch the Congress from doing their job of investigating potential wrong-doing on his part.
Again you assert the documents that might be released would threaten national security when you have no grounds for believing that to be true. Once again you demonstrate you have no idea why you harbor this irrational hatred of the President.

It’s crazy.

Oh Nose

Deep State!

Given the ongoing Mueller investigation

Offering a potential pardon to Manafort and using presidential powers to block an investigation of criminal acts is obviously obstruction of justice

How does this compromise "national security"? There isn't a single bit of corroboration as to the alleged ruination of hotel mattresses at the Moscow Ritz Carlton. The people have a right to know
The purpose of declassifying government secrets is when doing so is no longer a threat to national security.

Trump is threatening to declassify government secrets in an attempt to scare Democrats from investigating him.
The dirty tricks that hillaryand company did are not National Security. It’s illegal in the first place to classify material to cover up criminal activity or because its embarrassing.
It looks like you're posting on the wrong site. You should be over at www.ihatethatfuckingbitchhitlery.com
I tried the link you suggested but there is nothing there, just like Russian Collusion.

Trump thinks releasing the classified FISA warrants against all his fellow crooks will somehow hurt the Democrats!

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Priceless.

The President is the one who is holding the warrants, and a number of key Liberals have already seen them.

Mueller has presumably seen them, no? And Comey?

They should be welcoming it if they think its a bluff.

So you have no idea about our justice system and how it works.

The president doesn't have any authority to issue any warrants. Law enforcement does that.

What you posted is delusional lies.

Actually, the judiciary issues the warrants , based upon the information that law enforcement (the exec branch) presents.

If a FISA judge issued a warrant to spy on an American, and the information submitted by law enforcement was a total fabrication like the Pissing Moscow Hoes story that the left wants us to believe, that's someone which is pretty critical. And whoever presented those lies to a FISA judge need to be punished, would you not agree?

Remember this here, and never forget, Donald J. Trump is in it to win, and he's the Dirtiest Player in the Game. If he wasn't he wouldn't be President today.

The dirty "access hollywood tape" trick that the Liberal NBC network and the Bush Family was defeated by Trump by flying in all of the broads that the Clintons assaulted or harassed over the years.

Trump is no baby face, he does what he needs to win.

Given the ongoing Mueller investigation

Offering a potential pardon to Manafort and using presidential powers to block an investigation of criminal acts is obviously obstruction of justice

What's ethically wrong with offering Manafort a pardon?

None of the crimes that Manafort was tried on has anything to do with President Trump.

Forum List

Back