🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/b...-carrier-plant-will-keep-jobs-in-us.html?_r=0

Abra Cadabra! Trump's magic is here! The Donald has convinced Carrier Heating and Air Conditioning to stay in the US!

Just think of the jobs that will be returning/staying once he is president. I would guess even Obama himself is impressed!
Yup looks like Trump got the attention of the fokking MBA's at United Technologies their parent corp.

This is more impressive than anything Reagan did as Pres-Elect.

Reagan scared the Iranians, remember, so they coughed up the American hostages before Reagan's inauguration.

Trump is starting out great already.

Carrier / UTC = THEIR PARENT COMPANY has only averaged paying 10% in corporate income taxes NOT the 35% marginal corporate tax rate, for the past 15 years with their annual average income of $2.8 Billion....or so.

Carrier/UTC WANTS MORE tax breaks, as in zero taxes for their repatriated profits from overseas... btw, how does this help the USA and help workers get jobs... by companies bringing their money back to the USA to sit in a US bank vs a foreign bank...I don't understand all of that stuff...? Is it the banks that make money off of them bringing their profits made overseas home to the US? It ain't for tax monies, cuz giving them a break of zero percent in taxes is simply zero for the federal govt coffers?

TrumpPence can't make a deal that is not up to them to make, ya know? they have to get their tax breaks through congress and it would not be for Carrier only, but for all corporations...

Trump has pledged repeatedly to keep UTC and Carrier from offshoring jobs, and it now appears that UTC may want a lower tax rate as the price for complying with this demand. Saving middle-class jobs is an important and laudable goal. But policymakers should approach such consequential discussions with all the facts. And the fact is that Carrier’s parent company already pays a relatively low effective tax rate.

As we previously noted, UTC does not have a lot of skin in the game when it comes to federal income taxes. The company paid an effective federal tax rate averaging just 10.3 percent over the 15-year period between 2000 and 2014. And UTC’s most recent annual report shows more of the same: the company paid a federal tax rate of just 9.4 percent on $2.8 billion in U.S. profits last year. This means year after year, the profitable company pays only a fraction of the federal statutory rate of 35 percent.

The company’s push for a corporate tax cut likely has a lot to do with its offshore cash. As of 2015, UTC had a cumulative $29 billion in profits stashed offshore that it claimed it earned abroad and has no intention of repatriating to the United States. The profits, if repatriated, would be subject to the federal corporate tax rate less any taxes it paid to foreign governments.

It’s impossible to know how much of this offshore cash is in the hands of the company’s zero-tax haven subsidiaries in the Cayman Islands or the British Virgin Islands because UTC refuses to disclose this information. (The limited disclosures that have been made by other corporations with offshore cash show these companies are paying single digit tax rates on their foreign profits.) But it seems plausible that when the company warns of “adverse tax consequences” of repatriating from “certain of our subsidiaries,” it has its Caribbean affiliates in mind.

The United States is one of the world’s most advanced democracies, which our federal tax system enables. Infrastructure, public education, health and safety, clean water, safe food, and national defense all require tax dollars—from citizens and corporations. The Unites States simply cannot compete with a zero-percent tax rate, nor should it try.

A company like Carrier, which may be accustomed to stashing money in the Cayman Islands and paying a zero-percent tax rate, certainly would consider the U.S. federal statutory rate “adverse.” But given UTC’s consistent ability to avoid that tax rate over the past 15 years, it’s hard to see why Congress or the incoming Trump administration should prioritize finding a way to cut the company’s taxes even further.

A Few Things to Consider Before Giving Away the Store to Carrier Corp | Tax Justice Blog
The ultimate parent corp is United Technologies.

For those asshats on the right, like the ever moronic Iceweasel, note that we lost one out of three manufacturing jobs under George W Bush. 1 out of 3.

From the time the Bush Recession quit shedding jobs to now, we have gained manufacturing jobs.

Quit blaming Obama for the immense failures of the Republican Party.

By passing a law that said Corporations don't have to pay income tax on foreign made profits until they bring that money back just invited more overseas investments.

The Republican solution is to let the companies bring that money back tax free. Great plan ......if you want to encourage overseas investments.

Then why did most of the manufacturing jobs go to redstates

You asshat obama didnt do shit for jpbs it was republican governors Like nikki haley hell obama tried to stop 1,000s of jobs in SC..by trying to stop Boeing

Cheap labor. The NLRB had a complaint. Nothing to do with Obama.

Still got promote that lie? I am making around the same as i did in illinos..ever hear of cost of living moron..and bull shit it had everything to do with obama trying to pay back a union favor..

I heard Pence is the one who worked the deal and had been working with Carrier for over a year?
Isn't great to have an administration that puts America first for a change.....
Donald Trump had EVERY OPPORTUNITY to put America first with his own businesses, but he decided to manufacture his items overseas and also chose to bring in HB1 visa workers instead of hiring Americans, and the Americans he did hire to do business with, many of them, he shorted.

Was he putting "America First" when he was a business man, and if not, then why would he come down on Carrier or any other business doing what he too did?

Now it is up to carrier to increase their workers wages nicely. Trump should put the heat on those CHEAP bastards. They reward the CEO and hate their regular workers.

For those asshats on the right, like the ever moronic Iceweasel, note that we lost one out of three manufacturing jobs under George W Bush. 1 out of 3.

From the time the Bush Recession quit shedding jobs to now, we have gained manufacturing jobs.

By passing a law that said Corporations don't have to pay income tax on foreign made profits until they bring that money back just invited more overseas investments.

The Republican solution is to let the companies bring that money back tax free. Great plan ......if you want to encourage overseas investments.

You asshat obama didnt do shit for jpbs it was republican governors Like nikki haley hell obama tried to stop 1,000s of jobs in SC..by trying to stop Boeing

Still got promote that lie? I am making around the same as i did in illinos..ever hear of cost of living moron..and bull shit it had everything to do with obama trying to pay back a union favor..

Obama is not on the NLRB. They protect workers.

So, Trump and Pence arranged for taxpayers of Indiana to pay Carrier $700,000.00 to stay so they can have their big photo op tomorrow. More smoke and mirrors. Just reported on MSNBC.

This is apparently Trump's plan: “If you actually create a climate where employers feel the incentives are good enough to stay here — the taxes will be lowered, the regulations won’t be so oppressive, they won’t be under the burden of ObamaCare, they feel like there’s a more hospitable business climate — many of them may reconsider and stay,”

1) Eliminate Corporate taxes
2) Allow corporations to screw over their employees while polluting our environment
3) Encourage Corps to not offer health insurance benefits.

So those who do work, will work for less while paying higher taxes to make up for the cut to corporate taxes & to pay when those employees without insurance head to the ER for a cold.

This s how amateur Trump is.

And companies that have remained in the US get shit. They don't get to hide profits overseas. They don't get a tubby orange man handing them money to stay.

News!!!!! Any corporation wanting tax breaks & money, threaten to move to Mexico.

P

You got to be kidding me?

Who is in charge of them and all the rest?

Micky mouse? The president

Lafe Solomon, who was appointed to the board by Obama, filed a complaint on behalf of the NLRB on Wednesday seeking to force the Boeing Co. to build an assembly line in Washington state instead of South Carolina.

Yes, now we find out that Pence used Indiana taxpayer money to buy off Carrier.

Big surprise.

P

Lafe Solomon, who was appointed to the board by Obama, filed a complaint on behalf of the NLRB on Wednesday seeking to force the Boeing Co. to build an assembly line in Washington state instead of South Carolina.

The Board is an independent institution. Members are appointed by the President & then his influence ends.

We have labor laws. The NLRB protects workers from corp foul play.

P

The Board is an independent institution. Members are appointed by the President & then his influence ends.

The NLRB has been weakened over the years. Trump will make it toothless.

P

The NLRB has been weakened over the years. Trump will make it toothless.
Exactly. Soon the Trump voters will learn that Trump doesn't care about working people. Wait until Carrier wants concessions from its employees.

Forum List

Back