Trump to Cut Food Stamps Budget by 25%

States where the most children go hungry

According to a report by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 49 million people in the United States lived in households struggling to find enough food to eat. Nearly 16 million are children, who are far more likely to have limited access to sufficient food than the general population. While 15.9% of Americans lived in food-insecure households, 21.6% of children had uncertain access to food.

The states with the highest child food-insecurity rates are clustered in particular regions, and tend to be sparsely populated. These include states along the Mexican border, such as Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, as well as states like Mississippi. In general, they have fewer highways, less public transportation.

It is relatively easy to get on a bus and get to a food bank in a big city, explained Fraser. However, it's different "if you're living in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming, where there is no public transportation and you might be a hundred miles from the nearest food pantry, and you don't have a working car, and there's not a grocery store within miles and miles."

Foodstamps are supposed to be a safety net not a lifestyle

tell that to the red staters
Bums are bums regardless of their location. From inner cities to rural rednecks.

red states have more bums, keep that in mind
Your games are dumb. I don't give a fuck who's who. If you're bumming off of my tax dollars get a job.

It doesn't surprise me that you see "politics" where I see a problem. You're a liberal after all

And for the record I doubt most people on food stamps even vote based on their lazy lifestyle. Hell I bet most of them can't even name their own Senators or Governors

Bumming off tax dollars? You got a problem with that? Do you have a house payment? Do you deduct your mortgage interest? If so, then WTF do I have to subsidize your damn house payment. My house has been paid for. I never took the damn deduction.

The average food stamp benefit is around $125 a month. I would much rather my tax dollars go to help a low income family feed their kids than some redneck asshole purchasing his damn house. The lazy ass shit can rent if he can't afford a house payment. Even a middle income family with a house payment of a thousand dollars a month is costing my taxpaying ass more than the single mom struggling to feed her kids. So take your high and mighty attitude and shove up your ass.

And shit, I am going to get even more pissed. Do you take the charitable deduction? Is your source of that your church? Oh shit, I am really getting pissed now. I have to subsidize your damn donation to the church, which for the most part, spends their damn money on their preacher and the congregation. And if it's the Mormon church, like Romney's about a million dollar a year deduction--well that makes me madder than a wet hen, subsidizing contributions to a bunch of morons that believe in time travel, alien visitors, and some magic freakin golden ass tablets.

I volunteer at my county's food bank, and we have 37,000 people who are our clients. Simply because Trump and the GOP base are well fed does not mean that people do not go to bed hungry in the richest nation in the world, through no fault of their own.
Problem is...many of the foods served at the food bank are raw chicken. What about the homeless? Where are they to cook that chicken?

We are supposed to be the greatest country in the world. Yet...we are too busy "saving" everyone else, and our own are dying. Even those that fought for this country are dying once they get home. So..where is the help for them? Us? The people who paid taxes, worked, paid into the system, put ourselves in harms way for something we believed in only to be kicked to the curb for those circumstances beyond our control? What about us????
2dd7cb50ca3d670cf6e4d944c2f1677a.jpg
Because leftist fucktards keep them kenneled in inner cities with no hope for a good education or way to escape from the poverty & crime that surrounds them.

*Gross Income Limit If not Elderly or Disabled *Max F.S. Benefit for Everyone
1 person: $1,265 $194
2 people: $1,705 $357
3 people: $2,144 $511
4 people: $2,584 $649

I think there is a problem here. A family of 3 making $2144 a month getting $511 a month or 27% of their income in Food Stamps. That's not saving folks from starvation. It's making them comfortable in a lesser job. And THAT is why "participation rate" has more than doubled in 10 years. It's not subsidence --- it's redistribution..

A lot of smart Liberals realize you can't be EXPANDING enrollment on programs just to win constituents AND truly help the needy at the same time. When you start putting 15% of America on Food Stamps, that's a lot less money available for the TRULY needy on MediCaid, Housing, Education, etc..

Trump budget will reportedly cut food stamps by 25 percent

The above isn't the only news source I found with the same story.
President Trump's budget proposal - set to be unveiled Tuesday - will cut the food stamp program by more than 25 percent.

The 2018 budget outline would take about $193 billion out of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, over the next 10 years. The reductions would take place through changes in who is eligible to receive assistance and additional work requirements, the AP reported.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, some 44 million people are currently served through SNAP, with the average household receiving $258 per month in benefits. The total annual cost of the food stamp program is around $70 billion a year, with 93 percent of that going directly to beneficiaries and the remaining amount for administrative, education and training costs.

Close to 70 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.

In Alabama, a family of two people must earn less than $20,826 to qualify for SNAP
Good. They get too much money as it is.

I volunteer at my county's food bank, and we have 37,000 people who are our clients. Simply because Trump and the GOP base are well fed does not mean that people do not go to bed hungry in the richest nation in the world, through no fault of their own.

So Trump and the GOP are well fed..
That leaves the left going to bed hungry.
Huh

The poor don't seem to have a congressional lobby on their payroll.

What to I car
Now..who was saying there is no starvation in the USA?

Crow pie, perhaps?

You're right of course.
How many folks do we know died from starvation each year?
Not food insecurities nor malnutrition which is a seperste problem in itself.
There aren't many numbers out there or even studies. Cuz death due to starvation is a rarity here in America.
You'll more likely die of an obesity related illness than getting hungered to death

Foodstamps are supposed to be a safety net not a lifestyle

tell that to the red staters
Bums are bums regardless of their location. From inner cities to rural rednecks.

red states have more bums, keep that in mind
Your games are dumb. I don't give a fuck who's who. If you're bumming off of my tax dollars get a job.

It doesn't surprise me that you see "politics" where I see a problem. You're a liberal after all

And for the record I doubt most people on food stamps even vote based on their lazy lifestyle. Hell I bet most of them can't even name their own Senators or Governors

Bumming off tax dollars? You got a problem with that? Do you have a house payment? Do you deduct your mortgage interest? If so, then WTF do I have to subsidize your damn house payment. My house has been paid for. I never took the damn deduction.

The average food stamp benefit is around $125 a month. I would much rather my tax dollars go to help a low income family feed their kids than some redneck asshole purchasing his damn house. The lazy ass shit can rent if he can't afford a house payment. Even a middle income family with a house payment of a thousand dollars a month is costing my taxpaying ass more than the single mom struggling to feed her kids. So take your high and mighty attitude and shove up your ass.

And shit, I am going to get even more pissed. Do you take the charitable deduction? Is your source of that your church? Oh shit, I am really getting pissed now. I have to subsidize your damn donation to the church, which for the most part, spends their damn money on their preacher and the congregation. And if it's the Mormon church, like Romney's about a million dollar a year deduction--well that makes me madder than a wet hen, subsidizing contributions to a bunch of morons that believe in time travel, alien visitors, and some magic freakin golden ass tablets.

Settle down Gomer Pyle. You'll pop a gasket

Or alcoholism, or drug addiction, yadda yadda yadda. Point is...american citizens should be eating well, have roofs, and a government that takes care of them when they can't and stop concentrating on illegals and assholes trying to get in to KILL US.

A lot of people don't eat well with government assistance. Or without it. Or if they make a ton of money. They eat what they will and a lot of our shelves are filled with shockingly bad choices.
You can't regulate or pay people to make the right choices in life

*Gross Income Limit If not Elderly or Disabled *Max F.S. Benefit for Everyone
1 person: $1,265 $194
2 people: $1,705 $357
3 people: $2,144 $511
4 people: $2,584 $649

I think there is a problem here. A family of 3 making $2144 a month getting $511 a month or 27% of their income in Food Stamps. That's not saving folks from starvation. It's making them comfortable in a lesser job. And THAT is why "participation rate" has more than doubled in 10 years. It's not subsidence --- it's redistribution..

A lot of smart Liberals realize you can't be EXPANDING enrollment on programs just to win constituents AND truly help the needy at the same time. When you start putting 15% of America on Food Stamps, that's a lot less money available for the TRULY needy on MediCaid, Housing, Education, etc..

GAWD

For example, a household of 3 with a net income of $1,500 must subtract $450 (30 percent of $1,500) from the maximum allotment for their household, which is $511 per month. They then subtract the $450 from the $511 maximum. The household will receive a food stamp allotment of $61 for the month.

How to Calculate Amount of Food Stamps

On average, SNAP households currently receive about $255 a month. The average SNAP benefit per person is about $126 per month, which works out to about $1.40 per person per meal

A Quick Guide to SNAP Eligibility and Benefits

Problem is...many of the foods served at the food bank are raw chicken. What about the homeless? Where are they to cook that chicken?

We are supposed to be the greatest country in the world. Yet...we are too busy "saving" everyone else, and our own are dying. Even those that fought for this country are dying once they get home. So..where is the help for them? Us? The people who paid taxes, worked, paid into the system, put ourselves in harms way for something we believed in only to be kicked to the curb for those circumstances beyond our control? What about us????
Because leftist fucktards keep them kenneled in inner cities with no hope for a good education or way to escape from the poverty & crime that surrounds them.

politifact%2Fphotos%2F97_percent_poor_counties_meme.jpg

politifact%2Fphotos%2F97_percent_poor_counties_meme.jpg
Go fuck yourself

Trump budget will reportedly cut food stamps by 25 percent

The above isn't the only news source I found with the same story.
President Trump's budget proposal - set to be unveiled Tuesday - will cut the food stamp program by more than 25 percent.

The 2018 budget outline would take about $193 billion out of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, over the next 10 years. The reductions would take place through changes in who is eligible to receive assistance and additional work requirements, the AP reported.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, some 44 million people are currently served through SNAP, with the average household receiving $258 per month in benefits. The total annual cost of the food stamp program is around $70 billion a year, with 93 percent of that going directly to beneficiaries and the remaining amount for administrative, education and training costs.

Close to 70 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.

In Alabama, a family of two people must earn less than $20,826 to qualify for SNAP

So?

After Obama stellar economy why would people need food stamps?

Are you telling us Obama's economy sucked?

Are you telling us Obama only provided low paying part time jobs?

Forum List

Back