Trump to Cut Food Stamps Budget by 25%

I know. Lets just kill off all the old people so the moronic young'uns who don't even know who John Wayne is can live in peace and harmony. Yeah. Thats the ticket.
Until those young'uns are no longer young anymore and are offed too. Or worse, get a debilitating disease that wipes everything out that they saved up and any help coming their way instead goes to illegals who didn't pay a dime into the system and are sucking up all they can WE worked for.

So, the Trump/GOP budget will cut 25% of the food for the hungry, which is, primarily to feed children and the elderly. Should we expect anything less from the GOP? After all,why waste food on people after yanking their health insurance away from them.

You mean the inflated percentage of Americans on food stamps?

The elderly get everything handed to them... Literally the most spoiled generation of people in America. They want free healthcare, free food, free this, free that. How about live off of your 401k, pension, and social security? Damn.
You are an idiot. Plain and simple. We WORKED for the little help we get, asshole.
I am eager for you to hit retirement. See how you do.

Meanwhile.....sic' him, Karma.

Let me explain something to you, fuck tard.

The elderly's generation = Big pensions, cheap college, various jobs.

Today's youth = No pensions, expensive college, crappy minimum wage jobs.

The elderly had it MUCH easier when they were young, so fuck them if they want more support from the very same people they ruined this country for.

If they're really that poor they can get their lazy asses up off the couch and get a job. I have a co-worker who's 70, works 40 hours a week, and is going strong.

Sorry I'm not filtered.

calling posters 'fuck tard' displays a lack of both intelligence and class

I'm embarrassed for you

Trump budget will reportedly cut food stamps by 25 percent

The above isn't the only news source I found with the same story.
President Trump's budget proposal - set to be unveiled Tuesday - will cut the food stamp program by more than 25 percent.

The 2018 budget outline would take about $193 billion out of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, over the next 10 years. The reductions would take place through changes in who is eligible to receive assistance and additional work requirements, the AP reported.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, some 44 million people are currently served through SNAP, with the average household receiving $258 per month in benefits. The total annual cost of the food stamp program is around $70 billion a year, with 93 percent of that going directly to beneficiaries and the remaining amount for administrative, education and training costs.

Close to 70 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.

In Alabama, a family of two people must earn less than $20,826 to qualify for SNAP

This is really a stealth fib. The excerpt you posted says that. It's not a cut to anyone who has AN ACTUAL NEED. But it's a cut in the eligibility and changes in the work requirement. Giving the astronomic RELAXATION of rules on for qualifying for SNAP over the past 10 years -- maybe this is justified.

Check the graph -- Tell me the participation rate doesn't need to be reviewed...

may_foodstamps.jpg

Well, I have been hearing for over 8 years now how the economy is ruined because of Obama, and how everyone is out of work, and that the unemployed numbers are all manipulated by the government to make things look better, so i guess that I would be surprised if the food stamp program has not dramatically increased.

Last edited:
Can anyone live on $170 bucks per month for two people that can no longer work due to age? Can ya? I just spent 94 bucks out of my SS check today..for two small paper bags with chicken thighs on sale, a bag of doritos (gluten free), some green tea, a bag of potatoes, couple of cans of veggies on sale 3 for $5 bucks, a gallon of milk, carton of eggs, loaf of bread. Thats it. I wanted to get some mayo to make a big batch of tater salad..but the mayo was $7.99. I said fuck it. We can have hash browns instead.

Yes, I have an EBT card. I worked for it. I am entitled to whatever I can get because they TOOK it out of my checks all my life. But, according to some, old people must be lazy and how dare we get help when we can barely walk any more.:eusa_hand:

Of course that's hard Gracie. But you need to shop somewhere else if a jar of Mayo is $7.99 -- just sayin'.....

I volunteer at my county's food bank, and we have 37,000 people who are our clients. Simply because Trump and the GOP base are well fed does not mean that people do not go to bed hungry in the richest nation in the world, through no fault of their own.

I volunteer at my county's food bank, and we have 37,000 people who are our clients. Simply because Trump and the GOP base are well fed does not mean that people do not go to bed hungry in the richest nation in the world, through no fault of their own.
Problem is...many of the foods served at the food bank are raw chicken. What about the homeless? Where are they to cook that chicken?

We are supposed to be the greatest country in the world. Yet...we are too busy "saving" everyone else, and our own are dying. Even those that fought for this country are dying once they get home. So..where is the help for them? Us? The people who paid taxes, worked, paid into the system, put ourselves in harms way for something we believed in only to be kicked to the curb for those circumstances beyond our control? What about us????

So Trump and the GOP are well fed..
That leaves the left going to bed hungry.
Huh

Problem is...many of the foods served at the food bank are raw chicken. What about the homeless? Where are they to cook that chicken?

We are supposed to be the greatest country in the world. Yet...we are too busy "saving" everyone else, and our own are dying. Even those that fought for this country are dying once they get home. So..where is the help for them? Us? The people who paid taxes, worked, paid into the system, put ourselves in harms way for something we believed in only to be kicked to the curb for those circumstances beyond our control? What about us????

The GOP has made a choice. It is either help the needy, or feed the military industrial complex.

You lost.

The GOP has made a choice. It is either help the needy, or feed the military industrial complex.

You lost.
We have all lost in the grand scheme of things.

So Trump and the GOP are well fed..
That leaves the left going to bed hungry.
Huh

The poor don't seem to have a congressional lobby on their payroll.

Death from obesity related disease is huge in this country.
Death from starvation, not so much

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. [...] Is there no other way the world may live?"

D.D Eisenhower

Foodstamps are supposed to be a safety net not a lifestyle

LIFESTYLE? LMAOROG

SNAP benefits cost $70.9 billion in fiscal year 2016 and supplied roughly 44.2 million Americans with an average of $125.51 for each person per month in food assistance.

SNAP Is Effective and Efficient

Participants include families with adults who work in low-wage jobs, unemployed workers, and people with fixed incomes, such as Social Security. About 72 percent of SNAP recipients live in households with children; more than one-quarter live in households with seniors or people with disabilities.

The recent growth in SNAP spending is temporary. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) predicts that SNAP spending will fall as a share of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in coming years as the economy recovers and the Recovery Act provisions end. SNAP is expected to return to 1995 levels as a share of GDP by 2019

SNAP Is Effective and Efficient

7-23-10fa-f3.jpg

27ac81c0f29caf94ee4731873587a98e.jpg

Your games are dumb. I don't give a fuck who's who. If you're bumming off of my tax dollars get a job.
It doesn't surprise me that you see "politics" where I see a problem. You're a liberal after all
And for the record I doubt most people on food stamps even vote based on their lazy lifestyle. Hell I bet most of them can't even name their own Senators or Governors

They're not all lazy. From March of this year:

Nearly 32 percent of SNAP households are home to at least one wage-earner, according to the most recent data on the program, compared to only 19.6 percent in 1989, as far back as USDA data is available.
Food Stamp Recipients Increasingly Are The Working Poor | HuffPost

From what I see around here, in a poor rural area, that sounds about right. i[/QUOTE]
32%?

That mean the rest are total losers living off the government tit?[/QUOTE]

Who gets SNAP and do they work?

Most SNAP participants who can work, do work. SNAP rules require all recipients meet work requirements unless they are exempt because of age or disability or another specific reason. Children, seniors, and those with disabilities comprise almost two-thirds of all SNAP participants. Among households that include someone who is able to work, more than 75 percent* had a job in year before or after receiving SNAP. Forty-three percent of SNAP participants live in a household with earnings.

Some of these working individuals are ABAWDs, or able-bodied adults without dependents. ABAWDs must meet special work requirements, in addition to the general work requirements, to maintain their eligibility.

Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) | Food and Nutrition Service

*Gross Income Limit If not Elderly or Disabled *Max F.S. Benefit for Everyone
1 person: $1,265 $194
2 people: $1,705 $357
3 people: $2,144 $511
4 people: $2,584 $649

d77baebed7f1a9e2d4e41b965f67f52c.jpg

2dd7cb50ca3d670cf6e4d944c2f1677a.jpg

Trump’s budget would drastically cut domestic programs controlled by Congress, slashing $1.7 trillion over 10 years. At the end of the decade, the U.S. would spend nearly twice the amount on military spending as other domestic programs. Domestic discretionary spending would be capped to $429 billion per year, below 2004 levels, while military spending soars to $722 billion.
Trump's budget hits his own voters hardest

Forum List

Back