Trump to Cut Food Stamps Budget by 25%

Piss ants need to get a job and get their hands out of my pockets

Cut the program another 40%

-Geaux

So, the Trump/GOP budget will cut 25% of the food for the hungry, which is, primarily to feed children and the elderly. Should we expect anything less from the GOP? After all,why waste food on people after yanking their health insurance away from them.

You mean the inflated percentage of Americans on food stamps?

The elderly get everything handed to them... Literally the most spoiled generation of people in America. They want free healthcare, free food, free this, free that. How about live off of your 401k, pension, and social security? Damn.
You are an idiot. Plain and simple. We WORKED for the little help we get, asshole.
I am eager for you to hit retirement. See how you do.

Meanwhile.....sic' him, Karma.

Let me explain something to you, fuck tard.

The elderly's generation = Big pensions, cheap college, various jobs.

Today's youth = No pensions, expensive college, crappy minimum wage jobs.

The elderly had it MUCH easier when they were young, so fuck them if they want more support from the very same people they ruined this country for.

If they're really that poor they can get their lazy asses up off the couch and get a job. I have a co-worker who's 70, works 40 hours a week, and is going strong.

Sorry I'm not filtered.

Wow, you're seriously fucked in the head and have no respect for elders. You must be under 25, because that's how long the schools have been indoctrinating the kids to think that way.

You must be over 65 because that's the only generation who thinks they deserve free healthcare and food paid for by everyone else while the national debt continues to balloon.

The world has changed since the elderly were in the work force. Gone are the factory jobs paying $25 an hour with big pensions offered when you retired.

So, the Trump/GOP budget will cut 25% of the food for the hungry, which is, primarily to feed children and the elderly. Should we expect anything less from the GOP? After all,why waste food on people after yanking their health insurance away from them.

The elderly get everything handed to them... Literally the most spoiled generation of people in America. They want free healthcare, free food, free this, free that. How about live off of your 401k, pension, and social security? Damn.
You are an idiot. Plain and simple. We WORKED for the little help we get, asshole.

The elderly had it MUCH easier when they were young, so fuck them if they want more support from the very same people they ruined this country for.

If they're really that poor they can get their lazy asses up off the couch and get a job. I have a co-worker who's 70, works 40 hours a week, and is going strong.

Sorry I'm not filtered.

Wow, you're seriously fucked in the head and have no respect for elders. You must be under 25, because that's how long the schools have been indoctrinating the kids to think that way.

You must be over 65 because that's the only generation who thinks they deserve free healthcare and food paid for by everyone else while the national debt continues to balloon.

The world has changes since the elderly were in the work force. Gone are the factory jobs paying $25 an hour with big pensions offered when you retired.

Here's something you probably haven't considered: While those people were making $25/hr, they were paying into FICA and SSI

according to how much they were making.

It's their money, dipshit.

You've just been indoctrinated into a leftist mindset that "Old people are a drain on society when they're no longer productive".

Any other brilliant philosophies, fellow traveler?

Eliminate the food stamp program and give vouchers for certain foods. Milk, bread, eggs, cheese, canned meats, fruits, and veg. You do this and the fraud is gone

Sorry I'm not filtered.

The world has changes since the elderly were in the work force. Gone are the factory jobs paying $25 an hour with big pensions offered when you retired.

Here's something you probably haven't considered: While those people were making $25/hr, they were paying into FICA and SSI

You've just been indoctrinated into a leftist mindset that "Old people are a drain on society when they're no longer productive".

It wasn't their money at all. The money that came out as their social security tax went to the people who were on social security at the time.

The government doesn't just store your own social security contributions into a safe with your name on it.

So what will the retirement age be when the millennials want to retire? 75?

Sorry I'm not filtered.

It wasn't their money at all. The money that came out as their social security tax went to the people who were on social security at the time.

The government doesn't just store your own social security contributions into a safe with your name on it.

So what will the retirement age be when the millennials want to retire? 75?
Up till Reagan, it sure was an off item on the budget..

Maybe money could be saved for the poor or the elderly with EBT cards INSTEAD of illegals.

Alas, I waste my breath.

You do, indeed, Gracie. Illegals are not eligible for EBT cards, unless they can demonstrate that they are using them to support a citizen, such as a child.
lol. ok.

Read the eligibility requirements yourself.

SNAP Policy on Non-Citizen Eligibility | Food and Nutrition Service

Maybe money could be saved for the poor or the elderly with EBT cards INSTEAD of illegals.

Alas, I waste my breath.

You do, indeed, Gracie. Illegals are not eligible for EBT cards, unless they can demonstrate that they are using them to support a citizen, such as a child.
lol. ok.

Meanwhile, in the inter-office memo:

14-5692adc2a4.jpg

Mexican Food Stamp PR Full Production | United States Government | Politics Of The United States

Did Katrina Victims Really Spend Their Relief Money on Gucci Bags and Massage Parlors?

Don't like that one get your own fucking links to well known information. There are tons of them. You could get cash with them and abuse them that way as well

My post was specifically about SNAP cards, as I stated in the post. I did not have a card for clothes or other necessities. I'm sure that I would not have qualified with my assets. Having said that, the cut in Trump's budget is "food stamps", (SNAP cards), not disaster relief, so, your rant about fraud and waste in disaster relief has nothing to do with feeding the hungry outside of a regional emergency. Speaking of which, the people who are thrown out of work, because (for example) Caterpillar closing their Peoria operation and moving it to Chicago, are prime candidates for SNAP. Yet, I see nothing from the GOP that give these people the support they need. on your side of the aisle, I see unemployed, disabled, children, and elderly all labeled as "lazy welfare queens".

Did Katrina Victims Really Spend Their Relief Money on Gucci Bags and Massage Parlors?

Don't like that one get your own fucking links to well known information. There are tons of them. You could get cash with them and abuse them that way as well

My post was specifically about SNAP cards, as I stated in the post. I did not have a card for clothes or other necessities. I'm sure that I would not have qualified with my assets. Having said that, the cut in Trump's budget is "food stamps", (SNAP cards), not disaster relief, so, your rant about fraud and waste in disaster relief has nothing to do with feeding the hungry outside of a regional emergency. Speaking of which, the people who are thrown out of work, because (for example) Caterpillar closing their Peoria operation and moving it to Chicago, are prime candidates for SNAP. Yet, I see nothing from the GOP that give these people the support they need. on your side of the aisle, I see unemployed, disabled, children, and elderly all labeled as "lazy welfare queens".

You're the one that brought Katrina into it ya fuckin dummy.
I don't care what you want to call it... People fuck around with free money

Alas, I waste my breath.

lol. ok.

Meanwhile, in the inter-office memo:

14-5692adc2a4.jpg

Mexican Food Stamp PR Full Production | United States Government | Politics Of The United States

So, you have a problem with legal American citizens who speak Spanish, too?

Might as well just list every ethic group that you feel superior to, and be done with it.

Well, then, I guess that if you were elected to a high office, that would seal the fate of the elderly, children and disabled. Non productive, anyway. But it is academic anyway. trump's budget does stand a chance in Congress.

Well, then, I guess that if you were elected to a high office, that would seal the fate of the elderly, children and disabled. Non productive, anyway. But it is academic anyway. trump's budget does stand a chance in Congress.

You're just mad cuz you got your message board ass kicked all night

Trump budget will reportedly cut food stamps by 25 percent

The above isn't the only news source I found with the same story.
President Trump's budget proposal - set to be unveiled Tuesday - will cut the food stamp program by more than 25 percent.

The 2018 budget outline would take about $193 billion out of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, over the next 10 years. The reductions would take place through changes in who is eligible to receive assistance and additional work requirements, the AP reported.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, some 44 million people are currently served through SNAP, with the average household receiving $258 per month in benefits. The total annual cost of the food stamp program is around $70 billion a year, with 93 percent of that going directly to beneficiaries and the remaining amount for administrative, education and training costs.

Close to 70 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.

In Alabama, a family of two people must earn less than $20,826 to qualify for SNAP

This is really a stealth fib. The excerpt you posted says that. It's not a cut to anyone who has AN ACTUAL NEED. But it's a cut in the eligibility and changes in the work requirement. Giving the astronomic RELAXATION of rules on for qualifying for SNAP over the past 10 years -- maybe this is justified.

Check the graph -- Tell me the participation rate doesn't need to be reviewed...

may_foodstamps.jpg

Can anyone live on $170 bucks per month for two people that can no longer work due to age? Can ya? I just spent 94 bucks out of my SS check today..for two small paper bags with chicken thighs on sale, a bag of doritos (gluten free), some green tea, a bag of potatoes, couple of cans of veggies on sale 3 for $5 bucks, a gallon of milk, carton of eggs, loaf of bread. Thats it. I wanted to get some mayo to make a big batch of tater salad..but the mayo was $7.99. I said fuck it. We can have hash browns instead.

Yes, I have an EBT card. I worked for it. I am entitled to whatever I can get because they TOOK it out of my checks all my life. But, according to some, old people must be lazy and how dare we get help when we can barely walk any more.:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back