Trump to Cut Food Stamps Budget by 25%

Good. Now tighten the requirements as well.
North Carolina already requires ANY food stamp recipient to work at least 20 hours a week.
Foodstamps are supposed to be a safety net not a lifestyle
Great. Paying people minimum wage is not supposed to be a lifestyle either so pay them a livable wage. Keep paying people shit wages people will always need food stamps.

People get paid according to the value and the worth of their work.
If their work is worth minimum they get minimum wage.
If they don't like it, let them learn a trade, a skill or work harder.
I worked hard and made a good living, yet, you know what I got for working my fingers to the bone?

Bony fingers....Could put an eye out with one of those...

Early in my life I learned that the two things a smart person should avoid are physical labor and sickness.

Taught myself the programming language COBOL and spent the next 30 years comfortably sitting by my desk/keyboard, breaking a sweat only when called to work on the factory floor during strikes.

North Carolina already requires ANY food stamp recipient to work at least 20 hours a week.
Great. Paying people minimum wage is not supposed to be a lifestyle either so pay them a livable wage. Keep paying people shit wages people will always need food stamps.

I worked hard and made a good living, yet, you know what I got for working my fingers to the bone?

Bony fingers....Could put an eye out with one of those...

Early in my life I learned that the two things a smart person should avoid are physical labor and sickness.

Taught myself the programming language COBOL and spent the next 30 years comfortably sitting by my desk/keyboard, breaking a sweat only when called to work on the factory floor during strikes.
I was an an electronics tech and electrician in manufacturing.. I never got so tired of being in an office 6-7 days a week, and bored....I do enjoy working outside and working up a sweat....So I want a job I can work physically hard at part of the week, then set at a desk for the remainder of the week...Like being president..I could chase women around the desk and get both jobs in one..

Just got back from the grocery store. 2 bags. $94 bucks.
Looks like its gonna be a canned tuna week next week. IF its on sale.

It's always on sale @ Aldi's.

Pro tip: Get solid white Albacore, it takes 3 cans of chunk light to make the same amount as 1 can of solid white.

Trump budget will reportedly cut food stamps by 25 percent

The above isn't the only news source I found with the same story.
President Trump's budget proposal - set to be unveiled Tuesday - will cut the food stamp program by more than 25 percent.

The 2018 budget outline would take about $193 billion out of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, over the next 10 years. The reductions would take place through changes in who is eligible to receive assistance and additional work requirements, the AP reported.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, some 44 million people are currently served through SNAP, with the average household receiving $258 per month in benefits. The total annual cost of the food stamp program is around $70 billion a year, with 93 percent of that going directly to beneficiaries and the remaining amount for administrative, education and training costs.

Close to 70 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.

In Alabama, a family of two people must earn less than $20,826 to qualify for SNAP
Well, since Obama left the economy is such great shape I don't see the problem!

Children and elderly my ass. You even know anyone on food stamps?
The ole children and poor, trembly elderly deal, to make everyone feel horrible about their belief that welfare as it exists is a true problem

As a matter of fact, I was in Katrina, and everyone in the city, including myself, was on food stamps for weeks, because every employer in New Orleans was shut down for at least 6 to 8 weeks. So were the banks. Any more questions, sparky?

When y'all were on those food stamps, did you find the same rate of disgusting waste and misuse as those that bought TVs and hookers with their cash aid cards?

:link:

BTW, it is impossible to spend SNAP card credit on anything but food from a retailer. The grocery won't even accept them for tobacco or beer, much less TV's.

Soda, Ice Cream, Candy. etc. are all cool though.

Not how it will always be and absolutely not how it should be.

tell that to the red staters
Bums are bums regardless of their location. From inner cities to rural rednecks.

red states have more bums, keep that in mind
great. kick them off the program also. don't care which side of politics they fall on - get off your ass and make your own damn sammich.

So, explain how will it be and how should it be.

So, the Trump/GOP budget will cut 25% of the food for the hungry, which is, primarily to feed children and the elderly. Should we expect anything less from the GOP? After all,why waste food on people after yanking their health insurance away from them.

You mean the inflated percentage of Americans on food stamps?

The elderly get everything handed to them... Literally the most spoiled generation of people in America. They want free healthcare, free food, free this, free that. How about live off of your 401k, pension, and social security? Damn.
You are an idiot. Plain and simple. We WORKED for the little help we get, asshole.
I am eager for you to hit retirement. See how you do.

Meanwhile.....sic' him, Karma.

Let me explain something to you, fuck tard.

The elderly's generation = Big pensions, cheap college, various jobs.

Today's youth = No pensions, expensive college, crappy minimum wage jobs.

The elderly had it MUCH easier when they were young, so fuck them if they want more support from the very same people they ruined this country for.

If they're really that poor they can get their lazy asses up off the couch and get a job. I have a co-worker who's 70, works 40 hours a week, and is going strong.

Sorry I'm not filtered.

So, the Trump/GOP budget will cut 25% of the food for the hungry, which is, primarily to feed children and the elderly. Should we expect anything less from the GOP? After all,why waste food on people after yanking their health insurance away from them.

The elderly get everything handed to them... Literally the most spoiled generation of people in America. They want free healthcare, free food, free this, free that. How about live off of your 401k, pension, and social security? Damn.
You are an idiot. Plain and simple. We WORKED for the little help we get, asshole.

The elderly had it MUCH easier when they were young, so fuck them if they want more support from the very same people they ruined this country for.

If they're really that poor they can get their lazy asses up off the couch and get a job. I have a co-worker who's 70, works 40 hours a week, and is going strong.

Sorry I'm not filtered.

Wow! I'm sincerely impressed!
Never have I seen such a large load of horsecrap squished into such a little space!
Great job goober

red states have more bums, keep that in mind

Really Nutsack? Let's see some proof of that, because I'm pretty sure you're just fucking lying, since you're a fascist.

But by all means post proof that "red states" have more people on SNAP?

Standard Disclaimer: The lying fucks of the fascist press cling to a fake report from 2004 that purports that "red states consume more federal money than they contribute." This bit of lying was based on expenditures for military bases and national parks which the dishonest piles of shit in the press called "welfare." No one has EVER claimed that more people in red states are on SNAP, Nutsack is just lying.

Sorry I'm not filtered.

Wow, you're seriously fucked in the head and have no respect for elders. You must be under 25, because that's how long the schools have been indoctrinating the kids to think that way.

You work,You get paid a livable wage.

You work,You get paid a livable wage.

You work, you get wages corresponding to the value and worth of your work.
If you can't live on that learn a trade, acquire some skill and/or work harder.
If you don't like that you can try Somalia, Zimbabwe, Cuba or Venezuela.

Sorry I'm not filtered.

Wow! I'm sincerely impressed!
Never have I seen such a large load of horsecrap squished into such a little space!
Great job goober
Do you think he could rewrite that again? I don't have a couch...

Forum List

Back