Trump to Cut Food Stamps Budget by 25%

I suspect this is one of the people who steals food stamps from those who need them.

"I suspect "

Hey as long as you "suspect" *shaking head*

Let’s Look at the Facts about SNAP Fraud

The trafficking rate in SNAP has dropped dramatically. Due to increased oversight and improvements to program management by USDA, the trafficking rate has fallen significantly over the last two decades, from about 4 cents on the dollar in 1993 to about 1 cent in 2006-08 (most recent data available).

What is SNAP Fraud? | Food and Nutrition Service

Many Trump voters depend on Medicaid, now there's no doubt he'd lose if he stays around long enough to run again.

I suspect this is one of the people who steals food stamps from those who need them.

"I suspect "

The trafficking rate in SNAP has dropped dramatically. Due to increased oversight and improvements to program management by USDA, the trafficking rate has fallen significantly over the last two decades, from about 4 cents on the dollar in 1993 to about 1 cent in 2006-08 (most recent data available).

You mean a government program ripe with fraud is attempting to paint itself in a rosy light?
You're gullible & stupid.

Trump budget will reportedly cut food stamps by 25 percent

The above isn't the only news source I found with the same story.
President Trump's budget proposal - set to be unveiled Tuesday - will cut the food stamp program by more than 25 percent.

The 2018 budget outline would take about $193 billion out of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, over the next 10 years. The reductions would take place through changes in who is eligible to receive assistance and additional work requirements, the AP reported.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, some 44 million people are currently served through SNAP, with the average household receiving $258 per month in benefits. The total annual cost of the food stamp program is around $70 billion a year, with 93 percent of that going directly to beneficiaries and the remaining amount for administrative, education and training costs.

Close to 70 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.

In Alabama, a family of two people must earn less than $20,826 to qualify for SNAP

So?

After Obama stellar economy why would people need food stamps?

Are you telling us Obama's economy sucked?

Are you telling us Obama only provided low paying part time jobs?

You mean after the Obama economy dug US out of the Bush recession after 8 years of Dubya/GOP "job creator" policies BUT we're still not where BJ Bill left US?

6fd40f5fef8125f8d3a5b0ef86c275fc.jpg

"I suspect "

You mean a government program ripe with fraud is attempting to paint itself in a rosy light?

Way to refute facts Bubba, you must be a HUGE consumer of the right wing infotainment complex BS

"I suspect "

Way to refute facts Bubba, you must be a HUGE consumer of the right wing infotainment complex BS

Those are not "the facts"
They are numbers that reflect cases of fraud THAT WERE CAUGHT. Those numbers have no bearing on the number of cases that escape detection.

If I murder my neighbor but am never caught and his body is never found am I a murderer? Is he a victim?

Like I said, you're an idiot.

President Trump's budget proposal - set to be unveiled Tuesday - will cut the food stamp program by more than 25 percent.

The 2018 budget outline would take about $193 billion out of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, over the next 10 years. The reductions would take place through changes in who is eligible to receive assistance and additional work requirements, the AP reported.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, some 44 million people are currently served through SNAP, with the average household receiving $258 per month in benefits. The total annual cost of the food stamp program is around $70 billion a year, with 93 percent of that going directly to beneficiaries and the remaining amount for administrative, education and training costs.

Close to 70 percent of SNAP participants are in families with children; more than one-quarter are in households with seniors or people with disabilities.

In Alabama, a family of two people must earn less than $20,826 to qualify for SNAP

So?

You mean after the Obama economy dug US out of the Bush recession after 8 years of Dubya/GOP "job creator" policies BUT we're still not where BJ Bill left US?

So you are confirming the reason why it's no big deal to cut food stamps by 25%

√√√

So?

Yeah. This could apply to TRUMP too, right? He is trying only to be met with much resistance. So save it.

I had been a republican all my life, from the moment that we threw that asshole, Nixon, out, until Baby Bush, because I had a good career, and made a good living. I could tell what was happening to the GOP when Baby Bush was elected, but it wasn't until Katrina that I was personally impacted. For months, we, in New Orleans, were treated less than a third world country, like Bangladesh. Even when the National Guard showed up, they had forgotten to bring any boats. Bush did not get personally involved until the press had the FEMA head, Brown, on the cross, ready for crucifixion. It was no surprise to the democratic residents of New Orleans that we were not a priority. About 75% of the voters of the city vote democratic. If it wasn't for the bad press that Bush was getting, nothing would have happened. Even to this day, there is a 50 square mile hole in the center of the city which has never been rebuilt. "GOP compassion" is an oxymoron.

So?

Yeah. This could apply to TRUMP too, right? He is trying only to be met with much resistance. So save it.

Trump is "trying to work with the opposition"? What is the color of the sky in the alternative universe in which you live?

I had been a republican all my life, from the moment that we threw that asshole, Nixon, out, until Baby Bush, because I had a good career, and made a good living. I could tell what was happening to the GOP when Baby Bush was elected, but it wasn't until Katrina that I was personally impacted. For months, we, in New Orleans, were treated less than a third world country, like Bangladesh. Even when the National Guard showed up, they had forgotten to bring any boats. Bush did not get personally involved until the press had the FEMA head, Brown, on the cross, ready for crucifixion. It was no surprise to the democratic residents of New Orleans that we were not a priority. About 75% of the voters of the city vote democratic. If it wasn't for the bad press that Bush was getting, nothing would have happened. Even to this day, there is a 50 square mile hole in the center of the city which has never been rebuilt. "GOP compassion" is an oxymoron.

Not Katrina again and you posting stupid lies ...

Save it.

Save it.

Vandal lives there, you fool.

Save it.

Vandal lives there, you fool.

And he lied big time in the other thread about it

So?

Trump is "trying to work with the opposition"? What is the color of the sky in the alternative universe in which you live?
Trump is trying to make us safer. He is met with nothing but ridicule, constantly. Even a spat with his wife where she slaps his hand away is picked apart that they are going to divorce. Its ridiculous. Give the man a chance. Sheesh.

So?

Trump is trying to make us safer. He is met with nothing but ridicule, constantly. Even a spat with his wife where she slaps his hand away is picked apart that they are going to divorce. Its ridiculous. Give the man a chance. Sheesh.

SAFER??? From what? How? Maybe it's by gutting taxes on the richest, gutting estate taxes and $800 billion in Medicaid over a decade??

THIS IS THE KLOWN WHO DESERVES WHAT HE GETS

0609c5c0c5c8b5a6e85ce08f8809f660.jpg

So?

Wait, you mean cheeto who said he's working for the "working man and woman" and loads his cabinet with 5 Goldman Sachs alumni, plans on GUTTING the tax on the richest who ALREADY are paying the lowest effective tax rates in 80+ years AND attacks Obama about "wiretapping" when it was HIS INNER CIRCLE CONTACTING RUSSIAN INTEL SOURCES WHO WERE BEING TAPPED? THEN attacks the dem for not supporting his Obamacares "repeal"???? Use your brain just a lil bit

He then ignored warnings about hiring Flynn?

giphy.gif

"I suspect "

Those are not "the facts"
They are numbers that reflect cases of fraud THAT WERE CAUGHT. Those numbers have no bearing on the number of cases that escape detection.

If I murder my neighbor but am never caught and his body is never found am I a murderer? Is he a victim?

Like I said, you're an idiot.

LMAOROG, Sorry I forgot, the fraud goes deep with SNAP, like the millions who voted for Hil :(

All I am saying is give him a chance. Jeez.
If he fails more, or fucks shit up WORSE than it is...then do your thang. Until then...I'll wait to see what happens.

So, the Trump/GOP budget will cut 25% of the food for the hungry, which is, primarily to feed children and the elderly. Should we expect anything less from the GOP? After all,why waste food on people after yanking their health insurance away from them.

You mean the inflated percentage of Americans on food stamps?

The elderly get everything handed to them... Literally the most spoiled generation of people in America. They want free healthcare, free food, free this, free that. How about live off of your 401k, pension, and social security? Damn.
You are a liar and a fake. You want to make that bullshyt America great again nonsense by cheating and robbing some of the people who already made it great.

You mean the same people who are sucking down social security and crippling the system? The ones who are crippling the healthcare system? Or the ones who were able to get pensions and high paying jobs without a college education?

This country isn't even great anymore, nor did those lunatics make this country great... If anything they turned a great country into a 3rd world one.
Like I said, you are a liar and a fake. Add to that my vote for you being in the good running for the biggest jerk on the board, and that is saying a lot. Sorry, you have such hate for your country and fellow Americans.

LOL lying about what?

Elderly = Takes from the working people when most of them have plenty of money in the bank.

Yeah let's keep supporting those people. For the remaining "poor" elderly, they have families that support them.
So you believe an elderly woman that worked two and three minimum wage jobs her whole life and paid into Social security is a drain on you? She collects about $800.00 a month and doesn't have money in the bank as she spent it all taking care of her children and even a couple of her grandchildren (with her minimum wage job & with no assistance as it wasn't available then in her state).

So, the Trump/GOP budget will cut 25% of the food for the hungry, which is, primarily to feed children and the elderly. Should we expect anything less from the GOP? After all,why waste food on people after yanking their health insurance away from them.

You mean the inflated percentage of Americans on food stamps?

The elderly get everything handed to them... Literally the most spoiled generation of people in America. They want free healthcare, free food, free this, free that. How about live off of your 401k, pension, and social security? Damn.
You are an idiot. Plain and simple. We WORKED for the little help we get, asshole.
I am eager for you to hit retirement. See how you do.

Meanwhile.....sic' him, Karma.

Let me explain something to you, fuck tard.

The elderly's generation = Big pensions, cheap college, various jobs.

Today's youth = No pensions, expensive college, crappy minimum wage jobs.

The elderly had it MUCH easier when they were young, so fuck them if they want more support from the very same people they ruined this country for.

If they're really that poor they can get their lazy asses up off the couch and get a job. I have a co-worker who's 70, works 40 hours a week, and is going strong.

Sorry I'm not filtered.

Wow, you're seriously fucked in the head and have no respect for elders. You must be under 25, because that's how long the schools have been indoctrinating the kids to think that way.

You must be over 65 because that's the only generation who thinks they deserve free healthcare and food paid for by everyone else while the national debt continues to balloon.

The world has changed since the elderly were in the work force. Gone are the factory jobs paying $25 an hour with big pensions offered when you retired.
Not sure what factories you are talking about the ones here that close a few years back paid $6 to $8 at the most for the majority of their labor.

*Gross Income Limit If not Elderly or Disabled *Max F.S. Benefit for Everyone
1 person: $1,265 $194
2 people: $1,705 $357
3 people: $2,144 $511
4 people: $2,584 $649

I think there is a problem here. A family of 3 making $2144 a month getting $511 a month or 27% of their income in Food Stamps. That's not saving folks from starvation. It's making them comfortable in a lesser job. And THAT is why "participation rate" has more than doubled in 10 years. It's not subsidence --- it's redistribution..

A lot of smart Liberals realize you can't be EXPANDING enrollment on programs just to win constituents AND truly help the needy at the same time. When you start putting 15% of America on Food Stamps, that's a lot less money available for the TRULY needy on MediCaid, Housing, Education, etc..

GAWD

For example, a household of 3 with a net income of $1,500 must subtract $450 (30 percent of $1,500) from the maximum allotment for their household, which is $511 per month. They then subtract the $450 from the $511 maximum. The household will receive a food stamp allotment of $61 for the month.

How to Calculate Amount of Food Stamps

On average, SNAP households currently receive about $255 a month. The average SNAP benefit per person is about $126 per month, which works out to about $1.40 per person per meal

A Quick Guide to SNAP Eligibility and Benefits
That is accurate. An elderly single woman we know applied. She made less than $800.00 a month from her Social Security and she said she got a letter back that she was not eligible at all because she did not have any housing expenses.

All I am saying is give him a chance. Jeez.
If he fails more, or fucks shit up WORSE than it is...then do your thang. Until then...I'll wait to see what happens.

I understand, Gracie. it is hard for a self aggrandizing, narcissistic, sexist, bigoted, pathologically lying, immature, obnoxious, insecure, multibillionaire president to catch an even break in this country.

Forum List

Back