🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

Let's be honest here. Nova and Nature are some of the best programming left on TV. I can fuss thru the GWarming crap to watch them. But don't tell your lefty friends who actually FUNDS those shows. It's those evil Koch Brothers !!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm sure the Kochs
would PREFER to fund them somewhere else.

And frankly -- since they booted production on Sesame Street, I haven't been watching much more than those two. You fire Big Bird and replace him with cheap foreign animation and you're doomed. :lol: Not to mention the F-You their news side just did on Trump by editing a time lapse of the mall from dawn and dusk and leaving out the peak TWO HOURS or so of crowd size. That was a kamikaze move after the war was lost -- kind of move.

Weepy Woodruff and Margaret Warner had quite the lie-fest going the night after Trump got elected....something about withered old women telling whoppers that I once found hilarious but now find disgusting. PBS is also very aware of the repeated showings of civil rights era riots, dogs and fire hoses' effect on another generation of young blacks. Their agenda is very clear to anybody paying attention.

I listen to NPR...for schadenfreude.....

..and they made a heroine out of this anti-American:

"Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group" Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group
PChunk,

Have you met Bripat?

Did you know that there is an over-and-under betting line on how many years it would take you to live down the 'dolt' sobriquet?

Sorry.....I drifted off at "an"......couple of more naps and I ought to get through the whole thing....

Same explanation you gave for your poor report card....remember?

NPR isn't state run media you fucking idiot

State funded, run by collectivists. There, feel better?

Logical fallacy in 3...2...
Deflection noted

Another irony impaired lefty I see.

Sir, YOU deflected when you got called out for the asinine implication that government would gain "complete control of what the public is allowed to know" in response to Trumps de-funding NPR. Instead of admitting just how ridiculous that is, you deflected by:
1) launching a logical fallacy through an ad hominem attack; and
2) nitpicking that I called NPR state run,

Then, when I corrected my statement like an adult (it's not state run, it is state funded), you tell me I deflected.

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.
Retard: The only thing I responded to was YOUR asinine statement that NPR is state run media.

Again you fail

"The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, created in 1967, receives approximately

15% of its annual funding from federal appropriations.
In turn, the CPB, acting as an

umbrella agency, is required to spend 89 percent of the appropriations in grants to

members of Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), National Public Radio (NPR), Public

Radio International (PRI), and other affiliated public television and radio broadcasters.

The CPB has historically received two-year advanced appropriations. On June 9, 2005,

the subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related

Agencies of the House Appropriations Committee considered the Labor ,Health and

Human Service and Related Agencies Appropriations Act for FY2006 (H.R. 3010). The

subcommittee voted to reduce CPB’s FY2006 appropriations (which had been passed

as part of the FY2004 appropriations) from $400 million to $300 million. In addition,

the subcommittee voted to eliminate advanced federal appropriations for CPB by

FY2008. On June 16, 2005, the full House Appropriations Committee voted to restore

$400 million in federal funding for CPB in FY2008; it also approved funding of $300

million for FY2006. (H.Rept. 109-143). This legislation will likely go to the floor of

the House of Representatives either June 23 or June 24. This report will be updated as

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Does Fox get 15% of its funds from the government?

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?
FOX operates under a different model, and mandate......

Deflection noted

Sir, YOU deflected when you got called out for the asinine implication that government would gain "complete control of what the public is allowed to know" in response to Trumps de-funding NPR. Instead of admitting just how ridiculous that is, you deflected by:

Then, when I corrected my statement like an adult (it's not state run, it is state funded), you tell me I deflected.

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.
Retard: The only thing I responded to was YOUR asinine statement that NPR is state run media.

Again you fail

"The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, created in 1967, receives approximately

umbrella agency, is required to spend 89 percent of the appropriations in grants to

members of Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), National Public Radio (NPR), Public

Radio International (PRI), and other affiliated public television and radio broadcasters.

The CPB has historically received two-year advanced appropriations. On June 9, 2005,

Human Service and Related Agencies Appropriations Act for FY2006 (H.R. 3010). The

as part of the FY2004 appropriations) from $400 million to $300 million. In addition,

FY2008. On June 16, 2005, the full House Appropriations Committee voted to restore

$400 million in federal funding for CPB in FY2008; it also approved funding of $300

million for FY2006. (H.Rept. 109-143). This legislation will likely go to the floor of

the House of Representatives either June 23 or June 24. This report will be updated as

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?
You did. 15% isn't state run

Deflection noted

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.

Again you fail

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?

Meaning 'not a government organ of opinion'?

Golly gee- you must be a trained investigator, Agent Starling!

Deflection noted

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.

Again you fail

Another logical fallacy. Color me shocked.

The thread is right there ^ for anyone to see. You made the dumb ass statement. Now own it.
Yeah I made the statement that NPR is not state run in response to your retarded statement to the contrary

Deflection noted

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.

Again you fail

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?

EflatOnHisFace said they're state run media. They are not. You fail. He fails.

Run along and copy/paste some more.

I listen to NPR...for schadenfreude.....

..and they made a heroine out of this anti-American:

"Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group" Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group
PChunk,

Have you met Bripat?

Did you know that there is an over-and-under betting line on how many years it would take you to live down the 'dolt' sobriquet?

Sorry.....I drifted off at "an"......couple of more naps and I ought to get through the whole thing....

Gotta get up real early in the morning to tend to locks like these.....

Upset at having been put in your place?

There, there.....You just need a sympathetic pat on the head....with a hammer.

Deflection noted

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.

Again you fail

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?

FOX will surely settle back into its role as "government organ of opinion" now that said government is not being headed by a Muslim, and those Tramps who persecuted Roger Ailes have been purged.

Other than that, I can't think of any such "organs"....

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.

Again you fail

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?

What does 'copy and paste' mean?

Oh....that you can't stand the facts.

So sorry...you lie, I eviscerate you.

But...try not to make it so easy.

PChunk,

Have you met Bripat?

Careful IcebergSlim or she'll copy/paste a real tasty rebuttal on you :lol:

PChunk,

Have you met Bripat?

I'll put you back on the truck stop beat if you don't get away from that refrigerator.

I have a reasonable compromise. Continue the funding for PBS, pull the plug on funding for NPR. NPR has been more militant Democrat-biased over the years. They still refuse to hire Conservative hosts for their programming. But PBS is a bit more reasonable. It's still Democrat-biased, but not as militant. It still has some redeemable programming. So there ya go, a compromise.

PChunk and I go back to her "days at Columbia".....

Again you fail

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?

Yes yes you "evicerated" me by backing up my point that NPR is in fact NOT state run media. Well done :thup:

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.

Again you fail

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?

FOX will surely settle back into its role as "government organ of opinion" now that said government is not being headed by a Muslim, and those Tramps who persecuted Roger Ailes have been purged.

Other than that, I can't think of any such "organs"....

Why does that entity deserve hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars?

Now don't run back under your rock....answer the question.

What service does it perform for government?

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?

Yes yes you "evicerated" me by backing up my point that NPR is in fact NOT state run media. Well done :thup:

"eviscerate," you moron.

Answer the question.

What does that state-run entity do for the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars????

The People's representatives fund it.

It's called democracy.

"eviscerate," you moron.

Answer the question.

What does that state-run entity do for the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars????

The People want it funded. We have a government of the People, not of the leeches like you.

Forum List

Back