🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

Personally, i don't trust Sate-Run Media in any country. That includes the US. I'm pretty sure George Soros and other filthy rich Globalist Democrats can afford to keep NPR & PBS afloat. US Taxpayers shouldn't be required to fund them anymore. It's an outdated and unjust concept. NPR & PBS can go private and survive just fine.

They may have had more of a claim when we had limited entertainment. But even today, people out in the sticks have satellite television, internet, cell phone availability and more.

Funding these organizations is about as stupid as the government funding horse shoe shops or landline telephones. We've moved on from that quite some time ago.

It doesn't....it performs a service for the Public....hence its name....

Even you know that that is nonsense.

It performs the same service as Fox, and should get the very same amount of federal tax money.
No......FOX is Infotainment for the purpose of selling advertising....

Shuck and jive all you like....you've finally found a niche around here: ersatz clown.

See if they'll let you use a harlequin as your avi.
FOX and PBS do not perform the same service....

The audience of the former wants to be indulged, that of the latter, informed.....

I've listened to NPR for several decades now and yes they do a good job of information dissemination. However, over the last 20 years or so they have veered ever more completely toward propaganda. Pretty much every climate change report they give is remarkably devoid of fact, but very, very long on opinion. That's not news, that's propaganda, pure and simple.
I'm guessing that you are trying to reconcile what Rush is telling you about Climate Change with what qualified opinion is saying....

Meaning 'not a government organ of opinion'?

Golly gee- you must be a trained investigator, Agent Starling!
EflatOnHisFace said they're state run media. They are not. You fail. He fails.

Run along and copy/paste some more.

What does 'copy and paste' mean?

Oh....that you can't stand the facts.

So sorry...you lie, I eviscerate you.

But...try not to make it so easy.
Yes yes you "evicerated" me by backing up my point that NPR is in fact NOT state run media. Well done :thup:

"eviscerate," you moron.

Answer the question.

What does that state-run entity do for the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars????

The People want it funded. We have a government of the People, not of the leeches like you.

What people want it funded? If you mean leftists, yeah, those are about the only ones, and they don't count right now because we are in charge.

Even you know that that is nonsense.

It performs the same service as Fox, and should get the very same amount of federal tax money.
No......FOX is Infotainment for the purpose of selling advertising....

Shuck and jive all you like....you've finally found a niche around here: ersatz clown.

See if they'll let you use a harlequin as your avi.
FOX and PBS do not perform the same service....

The audience of the former wants to be indulged, that of the latter, informed.....

I've listened to NPR for several decades now and yes they do a good job of information dissemination. However, over the last 20 years or so they have veered ever more completely toward propaganda. Pretty much every climate change report they give is remarkably devoid of fact, but very, very long on opinion. That's not news, that's propaganda, pure and simple.
I'm guessing that you are trying to reconcile what Rush is telling you about Climate Change with what qualified opinion is saying....

I don't listen to rush, but I'm actually an earth scientist, geology, so know more about climate change, and the history of climate change than 99.9% of the people on the planet thank you very much.

The PBS systems gets almost $200-$300 million a year in subsidies from the Feds, so just quit lying about it all being 'funded by the people'. It's a lie and one that has already been proven to be an outright lie several times on this board over the years. Repeating it over and over is never going to make it true.

Personally, i don't trust Sate-Run Media in any country. That includes the US. I'm pretty sure George Soros and other filthy rich Globalist Democrats can afford to keep NPR & PBS afloat. US Taxpayers shouldn't be required to fund them anymore. It's an outdated and unjust concept. NPR & PBS can go private and survive just fine.

They may have had more of a claim when we had limited entertainment. But even today, people out in the sticks have satellite television, internet, cell phone availability and more.

Funding these organizations is about as stupid as the government funding horse shoe shops or landline telephones. We've moved on from that quite some time ago.

Yeah, forcing all Taxpayers to fund them really is an outdated and unjust concept. If George Soros wants to pay for it, so be it. But count me out.

I want to know the name of the idiot who encouraged you to believe that whatever passes through your tiny skull is relevant..

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

Link?
At one time I would have agreed that the media was center left. about two years ago looked up ownership of all main TV media, you may be surprised to know that major media is right owned& leaning now.

The majority of newscasters and writers lean way left.
Another Article of Faith.....and TRY to pay attention......the comment related to OWNERSHIP

What makes you imagine the owners are right-wing?

DUMBEST MOFO ON THE INNERTUBES!

BRIPAT! PORK ROAST WITH EARS (ok...so they are stapled on....but still)!

These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America
Again, what makes you imagine the owners are right-wing? Speaking of the dumbest mofo on the internet.

The question is not if it will break the government. The question is if the government should be in the business of funding television in the first place and particularly if the government should be funding news.

The clear answer here is a resounding no IMHO. There is no reason for the government to be funding news or entertainment.

Or education? Do you believe we are a democratic republic? A nation whose population votes to elect their representatives fits that definition, notwithstanding the myth and meme that the United States is not a democracy.

That said, a democracy needs an informed and educated population to be and remain a nation of The People, by the People and for the people. Both NPR and PBS provide more than news and entertainment - they provide many things and most are informative, educational, substantive and relevant to the lives of voters and soon to be voters (i.e. minors).
That seems to be your perspective. And if you really believe that, they take donations.

None of that means the government itself should be funding these activities.

The POTUS installs the Board of Directors, and is limited to installing more than five (of the nine directors) from his own party. David Koch is a supporter of NOVA for the reasons I spelled out in my post above. Democracy requires a learned/informed population, and the way we are going - all partisan all of the time - is unhealthy and a threat to The Union.
One thing democracy doesn't need is government propaganda, and that's all PBS is. Your theory that people can't learn without government constantly spewing lies at them is obviously flawed.
a) how do you know what is broadcast on PBS

b) how do you know that it is "lies"?
I've watched and I know it contradicts the known facts.

What needs to be understood is that commercial TV is there to make a profit, so what they produce must have mass appeal . things like opera, the arts, deep coverage of a situation, person, or thing. local coverage of people places or things. are made possible due to gov funding.
You just admitted that the public isn't interested in what PBS broadcasts. Only a small coterie of leftwing snobs watch it. Why should our taxes fund that?

At one time I would have agreed that the media was center left. about two years ago looked up ownership of all main TV media, you may be surprised to know that major media is right owned& leaning now.

Another Article of Faith.....and TRY to pay attention......the comment related to OWNERSHIP

Again, what makes you imagine the owners are right-wing? Speaking of the dumbest mofo on the internet.
On the political spectrum, corporations tend NOT to flock to the left side.

Or education? Do you believe we are a democratic republic? A nation whose population votes to elect their representatives fits that definition, notwithstanding the myth and meme that the United States is not a democracy.

That said, a democracy needs an informed and educated population to be and remain a nation of The People, by the People and for the people. Both NPR and PBS provide more than news and entertainment - they provide many things and most are informative, educational, substantive and relevant to the lives of voters and soon to be voters (i.e. minors).
That seems to be your perspective. And if you really believe that, they take donations.

The POTUS installs the Board of Directors, and is limited to installing more than five (of the nine directors) from his own party. David Koch is a supporter of NOVA for the reasons I spelled out in my post above. Democracy requires a learned/informed population, and the way we are going - all partisan all of the time - is unhealthy and a threat to The Union.
One thing democracy doesn't need is government propaganda, and that's all PBS is. Your theory that people can't learn without government constantly spewing lies at them is obviously flawed.

But every time I've tested your grasp of facts, you've been found wanting, Bri.....

Which leaves me in a bit of a quandary with respect to your reliance on Bold Assertion....

Attributing political affiliations to entire corporations composed of hundreds of thousands of people is idiotic. Many corporate CEOs are liberal. Just consider Warren Buffet and Mark Zuckerberg, to name two.

But every time I've tested your grasp of facts, you've been found wanting, Bri.....

Which leaves me in a bit of a quandary with respect to your reliance on Bold Assertion....
A profound imbecile disagrees with my grasp of the facts? Gee, that just crushes me.

A profound imbecile disagrees with my grasp of the facts? Gee, that just crushes me.

Bri......it's not like you've been hiding your dim light under a bushel....

Attributing political affiliations to entire corporations composed of hundreds of thousands of people is idiotic. Many corporate CEOs are liberal. Just consider Warren Buffet and Mark Zuckerberg, to name two.

But "hundreds of thousands of people" don't make decisions for media companies......

Bri......it's not like you've been hiding your dim light under a bushel....

Insults are about the only thing you've got, skinny tube steak.

But "hundreds of thousands of people" don't make decisions for media companies......
Many corporate CEOs are liberals, moron. I could spend all day naming lefty corporate CEOs.

Forum List

Back