Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.
Yes TODAY the CEO will speak at the march for life parade along with his pos VP both of which want to tell women what they can or cannot do with their bodies Nothing more important to attend to than that CEO ??

What are you babbling about? Trump did not go.
pence went ,,chump wouldn't dare

You keep saying you want choice but with government funding all choice is removed.

You have the choice to listen...or not.

How can you claim "all choice is removed"?

It's because he is afraid of people in the population having knowledge of what is really going on around them and aren't so easily manipulated by propaganda spewed by people like Trump.
It's like this thread is a room we're all in trying to discuss something and you're some retarded kid with a bucket on his head running all over the place bumping into the walls and furniture.

Sure thing boss. You're only defense for Trump to quit supporting PBS and NPR is ignorance and fear. Do you even realize that more tax dollars go towards the study of how hummingbirds masturbate than goes towards PBS, but here you are arguing about it. That's just how out of touch you really are.

Tax dollars shouldn't go to silly research, NPR, PBS, Amtrak, Nike, Intel, GM, Ford, Intel or any other corporation. Get rid of it all.
yes want to get rid of welfare ,,,start there

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.
Yes TODAY the CEO will speak at the march for life parade along with his pos VP both of which want to tell women what they can or cannot do with their bodies Nothing more important to attend to than that CEO ??

yes you're right ,,,,,he sent his lap dog pence

It is about time.... Government should not be into broadcasting.
or telling people what is good art.

About time. State funded media is a bad idea. We don't buy the schlock spewed by other country's state-run propaganda machines, we shouldn't have it here. The notion of "news" funded by the government is distasteful at best, tyrannical at worst.

Besides, if NPR and PBS programming is as quality as many say, it will have no problem thriving in a free market.

Wait...did you just say that "state funded" media is a bad idea? Not aware of what the Gropenfuherer just did are you? Let me guess...this is okay with you, right?

Trump moves to put his own stamp on Voice of America

No, not okay with that either. Thanks for bringing it up though, seriously.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

Eliminating state run media leads to "government gaining complete control of what the public is allowed to know"?

Wow, that's some logic you got there.
NPR isn't state run media you fucking idiot

State funded, run by collectivists. There, feel better?

Logical fallacy in 3...2...

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

Eliminating state run media leads to "government gaining complete control of what the public is allowed to know"?

Wow, that's some logic you got there.
What a goddamned liar you are. I can go on the net and get any view from anywhere in the world. It is your orange clown and people like you that are trying to change that. You and he are Fascist.

Looks like someone's been hitting that big bowl of vodka and paint chips again...

If you've had time to sober up, why don't you calm down and show us SPECIFICALLY where I lied. Then you can explain how ceasing taxpayer funding of public broadcasting has anything to do with Google Earth or whatever the hell it is you're rambling on about.

But please, sleep it off first.

Then you should be fine with the government paying Rush to be on air, or Hannity, or Levin or Beck. The only reason you're good with NPR getting tax dollars is you agree with them.

Yes I would. If that is what viewers want and support, I'm fine with that.
You would scream night and day if the government paid to put Rush on the air.

Who do you think you're fooling?

I wouldn't make peep.

Unlike you guys, I'm not delusional. I don't think there is someone holding a gun to my head and forcing me to listen.

My co-worker listens to Rush, I listen to my Pandora music choices. All is cool.

Choice.
I'm not forced to listen, but I am forced to pay for it. That's what I object to.

The federal government gives more money every year to Amtrak... I don't see you complaining about that.

Also a really bad idea.

Because of a $20 trillion debt.
Don't give that excuse when you plan to spend 12 billion on the Wall.
You see only the negatives of building a wall. I see a cost savings of $160 billion annually taking care of illegals....untold jobs created along with increased revenue.....reduced costs to ICE transporting illegals, court costs, food and temporary housing....so-on.
Most illegals come in legally and do not return. The wall will not help.

Yep! All of those Mexicans came into the US legally and overstayed their visa. Right! That sounds totally believable.

What are you? Some kind of illegal idiot?
I read it on the BBC website.

Yeah, I saw all of those British reporters hanging around all the illegals too. Maybe we should have checked their visas.

I always trust the liberal BBC!

pence went ,,chump wouldn't dare

He was busy meeting with the UK Prime Minister. Sometimes those presidential things get in the way.

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to know the name of the idiot who encouraged you to believe that whatever passes through your tiny skull is relevant..

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

Link?
At one time I would have agreed that the media was center left. about two years ago looked up ownership of all main TV media, you may be surprised to know that major media is right owned& leaning now.

Did that come to you in a dream, because that is the only place that it exists?.

Sure.....now show us what you have to contradict it....

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

I want to know the name of the idiot who encouraged you to believe that whatever passes through your tiny skull is relevant..

Link?
At one time I would have agreed that the media was center left. about two years ago looked up ownership of all main TV media, you may be surprised to know that major media is right owned& leaning now.

The majority of newscasters and writers lean way left.
Another Article of Faith.....and TRY to pay attention......the comment related to OWNERSHIP

I'm not forced to listen, but I am forced to pay for it. That's what I object to.

The federal government gives more money every year to Amtrak... I don't see you complaining about that.
You haven't been paying attention then.

Bullshit, the only things you complain about are things you consider to be liberal, like educational, housing assistance, health care, and food assistance.
Amtrak is liberal.

Amtrak is liberal? You eating magic mushrooms?
Yep, The right wanted to let all the passenger railroads go bankrupt, but the unions whined about that. Liberals took over all the passenger rail systems so union slobs would have a job. Conservatives have threatened to cut it every time they get in office, but the Dims always refuse to cooperate.

Link?

Another Article of Faith.....and TRY to pay attention......the comment related to OWNERSHIP

What makes you imagine the owners are right-wing?

You see only the negatives of building a wall. I see a cost savings of $160 billion annually taking care of illegals....untold jobs created along with increased revenue.....reduced costs to ICE transporting illegals, court costs, food and temporary housing....so-on.
Uh huh. You got enough for a wall, you got enough for PBS. According to Carbiner, the government funds 15% of its operating costs. It's not going to break Washington to pay for one worthwhile television station.
The question is not if it will break the government. The question is if the government should be in the business of funding television in the first place and particularly if the government should be funding news.

The clear answer here is a resounding no IMHO. There is no reason for the government to be funding news or entertainment.

Or education? Do you believe we are a democratic republic? A nation whose population votes to elect their representatives fits that definition, notwithstanding the myth and meme that the United States is not a democracy.

That said, a democracy needs an informed and educated population to be and remain a nation of The People, by the People and for the people. Both NPR and PBS provide more than news and entertainment - they provide many things and most are informative, educational, substantive and relevant to the lives of voters and soon to be voters (i.e. minors).
That seems to be your perspective. And if you really believe that, they take donations.

None of that means the government itself should be funding these activities.

The POTUS installs the Board of Directors, and is limited to installing more than five (of the nine directors) from his own party. David Koch is a supporter of NOVA for the reasons I spelled out in my post above. Democracy requires a learned/informed population, and the way we are going - all partisan all of the time - is unhealthy and a threat to The Union.
One thing democracy doesn't need is government propaganda, and that's all PBS is. Your theory that people can't learn without government constantly spewing lies at them is obviously flawed.

Bullshit, the only things you complain about are things you consider to be liberal, like educational, housing assistance, health care, and food assistance.
Amtrak is liberal.

Yep, The right wanted to let all the passenger railroads go bankrupt, but the unions whined about that. Liberals took over all the passenger rail systems so union slobs would have a job. Conservatives have threatened to cut it every time they get in office, but the Dims always refuse to cooperate.

You realize it is part of the same infrastructure that Trump wants to spend Billions of dollars on?

You have the choice to listen...or not.

How can you claim "all choice is removed"?

It's because he is afraid of people in the population having knowledge of what is really going on around them and aren't so easily manipulated by propaganda spewed by people like Trump.
It's like this thread is a room we're all in trying to discuss something and you're some retarded kid with a bucket on his head running all over the place bumping into the walls and furniture.

Sure thing boss. You're only defense for Trump to quit supporting PBS and NPR is ignorance and fear. Do you even realize that more tax dollars go towards the study of how hummingbirds masturbate than goes towards PBS, but here you are arguing about it. That's just how out of touch you really are.

Tax dollars shouldn't go to silly research, NPR, PBS, Amtrak, Nike, Intel, GM, Ford, Intel or any other corporation. Get rid of it all.
yes want to get rid of welfare ,,,start there

Where did I say get rid of welfare, I am for helping the poor and those in need. I am against funding corporations. Let them live or die without taxpayer money.

Link?

I did pay attention, the broadcasts lean left, always have. Do tell me how broadcasts MSNBC leans right or CNN for that matter.

Amtrak is liberal.

You realize it is part of the same infrastructure that Trump wants to spend Billions of dollars on?
Is it? I haven't heard Trump say he wants to spend money on Amtrak. Passenger rail is an obsolete technology. Every time it's tried it loses vast amounts of money.

Forum List

Back