🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to defund PBS/NPR.

Let's be honest here. Nova and Nature are some of the best programming left on TV. I can fuss thru the GWarming crap to watch them. But don't tell your lefty friends who actually FUNDS those shows. It's those evil Koch Brothers !!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm sure the Kochs
would PREFER to fund them somewhere else.

And frankly -- since they booted production on Sesame Street, I haven't been watching much more than those two. You fire Big Bird and replace him with cheap foreign animation and you're doomed. :lol: Not to mention the F-You their news side just did on Trump by editing a time lapse of the mall from dawn and dusk and leaving out the peak TWO HOURS or so of crowd size. That was a kamikaze move after the war was lost -- kind of move.

Weepy Woodruff and Margaret Warner had quite the lie-fest going the night after Trump got elected....something about withered old women telling whoppers that I once found hilarious but now find disgusting. PBS is also very aware of the repeated showings of civil rights era riots, dogs and fire hoses' effect on another generation of young blacks. Their agenda is very clear to anybody paying attention.

I listen to NPR...for schadenfreude.....

..and they made a heroine out of this anti-American:

"Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group" Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to know the name of the idiot who encouraged you to believe that whatever passes through your tiny skull is relevant..

Seriously? The left "neutralized" the media long ago by buying it and they've been feeding us crap for the last 20 years.

Link?
At one time I would have agreed that the media was center left. about two years ago looked up ownership of all main TV media, you may be surprised to know that major media is right owned& leaning now.
Ownership has been "center right" to "far right" for most of our lives...
only if your under 40.

What needs to be understood is that commercial TV is there to make a profit, so what they produce must have mass appeal . things like opera, the arts, deep coverage of a situation, person, or thing. local coverage of people places or things. are made possible due to gov funding.

What needs to be understood is that commercial TV is there to make a profit, so what they produce must have mass appeal . things like opera, the arts, deep coverage of a situation, person, or thing. local coverage of people places or things. are made possible due to gov funding.

Exactly, nonviable things which no one wants to pay for would not exist without the govt.

If you want it, you pay for it. Simple as that.

Historically, the first order of business for an authoritarian government is to neutralize the media and press. That is what trump is doing by attacking the media. The results will be that no one is able to decipher what is real news and what is not. The government gains complete control of what the public is allowed to know. Even provable facts are questioned and left in doubt.

Eliminating state run media leads to "government gaining complete control of what the public is allowed to know"?

Wow, that's some logic you got there.
NPR isn't state run media you fucking idiot

State funded, run by collectivists. There, feel better?

Logical fallacy in 3...2...
Deflection noted

They never tell us one thing about what's going on in the world. There are virtually no reporters left. They are all simply shouting their opinions, speculation and theories. All I hear is what they "think" Trump will do next. No news whatsoever on the huge earthquake in Italy even made it to the screen. 30 seconds on Flint Michigan. Or the thousands of other things that are about people everyday. No coverage of the protests in the Dakotas on the pipeline long before Trump got there.

Real news is missing from the media and has been for a long time. It's about people. And so far, none of the media's predictions or statements have proven true and all of Trump's have. Evidence is always a good thing to use in forming an opinion. I love that he circumvents them from their leftist propaganda by just tweeting what he wants to say.

Plus he gives interviews to people that show some respect. I don't blame him, as I don't deal with people who don't treat me with respect. I don't have to and I don't think he should either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to know the name of the idiot who encouraged you to believe that whatever passes through your tiny skull is relevant..

Link?
At one time I would have agreed that the media was center left. about two years ago looked up ownership of all main TV media, you may be surprised to know that major media is right owned& leaning now.

The majority of newscasters and writers lean way left.
Another Article of Faith.....and TRY to pay attention......the comment related to OWNERSHIP

What makes you imagine the owners are right-wing?

DUMBEST MOFO ON THE INNERTUBES!

BRIPAT! PORK ROAST WITH EARS (ok...so they are stapled on....but still)!

These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America

Exactly, nonviable things which no one wants to pay for would not exist without the govt.

If you want it, you pay for it. Simple as that.
Uh.....not exactly.......google "Common Good"

Uh huh. You got enough for a wall, you got enough for PBS. According to Carbiner, the government funds 15% of its operating costs. It's not going to break Washington to pay for one worthwhile television station.
The question is not if it will break the government. The question is if the government should be in the business of funding television in the first place and particularly if the government should be funding news.

The clear answer here is a resounding no IMHO. There is no reason for the government to be funding news or entertainment.

Or education? Do you believe we are a democratic republic? A nation whose population votes to elect their representatives fits that definition, notwithstanding the myth and meme that the United States is not a democracy.

That said, a democracy needs an informed and educated population to be and remain a nation of The People, by the People and for the people. Both NPR and PBS provide more than news and entertainment - they provide many things and most are informative, educational, substantive and relevant to the lives of voters and soon to be voters (i.e. minors).
That seems to be your perspective. And if you really believe that, they take donations.

None of that means the government itself should be funding these activities.

The POTUS installs the Board of Directors, and is limited to installing more than five (of the nine directors) from his own party. David Koch is a supporter of NOVA for the reasons I spelled out in my post above. Democracy requires a learned/informed population, and the way we are going - all partisan all of the time - is unhealthy and a threat to The Union.
One thing democracy doesn't need is government propaganda, and that's all PBS is. Your theory that people can't learn without government constantly spewing lies at them is obviously flawed.
a) how do you know what is broadcast on PBS

b) how do you know that it is "lies"?

Eliminating state run media leads to "government gaining complete control of what the public is allowed to know"?

Deflection noted

Another irony impaired lefty I see.

Sir, YOU deflected when you got called out for the asinine implication that government would gain "complete control of what the public is allowed to know" in response to Trumps de-funding NPR. Instead of admitting just how ridiculous that is, you deflected by:
1) launching a logical fallacy through an ad hominem attack; and
2) nitpicking that I called NPR state run,

Then, when I corrected my statement like an adult (it's not state run, it is state funded), you tell me I deflected.

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.

Let's be honest here. Nova and Nature are some of the best programming left on TV. I can fuss thru the GWarming crap to watch them. But don't tell your lefty friends who actually FUNDS those shows. It's those evil Koch Brothers !!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm sure the Kochs

And frankly -- since they booted production on Sesame Street, I haven't been watching much more than those two. You fire Big Bird and replace him with cheap foreign animation and you're doomed. :lol: Not to mention the F-You their news side just did on Trump by editing a time lapse of the mall from dawn and dusk and leaving out the peak TWO HOURS or so of crowd size. That was a kamikaze move after the war was lost -- kind of move.

Weepy Woodruff and Margaret Warner had quite the lie-fest going the night after Trump got elected....something about withered old women telling whoppers that I once found hilarious but now find disgusting. PBS is also very aware of the repeated showings of civil rights era riots, dogs and fire hoses' effect on another generation of young blacks. Their agenda is very clear to anybody paying attention.

"Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group" Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group
PChunk,

Have you met Bripat?

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.

Great news.The local channel has already killed their 24/7 racist hate and propaganda channel, PBS World, and gone back to the kids' shows, cooking shows, and crafts stuff. They have shown themselves to be nothing but another Democratic Party policy shill operation and not real educational, public TV. Their coverage of the election was particularly biased and outrageous lying and distortions. They made the likes of Bill Moyers and other fake news readers wealthy, though, which of course what the whole point of 'Public Televison' was.

Deflection noted

Sir, YOU deflected when you got called out for the asinine implication that government would gain "complete control of what the public is allowed to know" in response to Trumps de-funding NPR. Instead of admitting just how ridiculous that is, you deflected by:

Then, when I corrected my statement like an adult (it's not state run, it is state funded), you tell me I deflected.

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.
Retard: The only thing I responded to was YOUR asinine statement that NPR is state run media.

Again you fail

PChunk,

Have you met Bripat?

Did you know that there is an over-and-under betting line on how many years it would take you to live down the 'dolt' sobriquet?

One by one, Trump dismantles and discredits every leftist propaganda station. The stations which, have fed us a bunch of propaganda using our own money taken by taxes. It's finally time to put an end to the parasitism and propaganda. If leftists want to hear how much someone agrees with their shitty opinions, then they better pay for it by themselves.

“The Trump Administration needs to reform and cut spending dramatically, and targeting waste like the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be a good first step in showing that the Trump Administration is serious about radically reforming the federal budget,” said Brian Darling, a former aide to Paul and a former staffer at the Heritage Foundation.

PBS/NPR In Panic: Trump Administration To Defund/Privatize

The new enlightenment has begun! "Win streak" is the term that best describe Trump's presidency so far.
It was about time damn it!!!!!

Deflection noted

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.
Retard: The only thing I responded to was YOUR asinine statement that NPR is state run media.

Again you fail

"The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, created in 1967, receives approximately

15% of its annual funding from federal appropriations.
In turn, the CPB, acting as an

umbrella agency, is required to spend 89 percent of the appropriations in grants to

members of Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), National Public Radio (NPR), Public

Radio International (PRI), and other affiliated public television and radio broadcasters.

The CPB has historically received two-year advanced appropriations. On June 9, 2005,

the subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related

Agencies of the House Appropriations Committee considered the Labor ,Health and

Human Service and Related Agencies Appropriations Act for FY2006 (H.R. 3010). The

subcommittee voted to reduce CPB’s FY2006 appropriations (which had been passed

as part of the FY2004 appropriations) from $400 million to $300 million. In addition,

the subcommittee voted to eliminate advanced federal appropriations for CPB by

FY2008. On June 16, 2005, the full House Appropriations Committee voted to restore

$400 million in federal funding for CPB in FY2008; it also approved funding of $300

million for FY2006. (H.Rept. 109-143). This legislation will likely go to the floor of

the House of Representatives either June 23 or June 24. This report will be updated as

events warrant."
Page Not Found

Does Fox get 15% of its funds from the government?

Why not?

Soooo....who 'failed'?

PChunk,

Have you met Bripat?

Did you know that there is an over-and-under betting line on how many years it would take you to live down the 'dolt' sobriquet?

Sorry.....I drifted off at "an"......couple of more naps and I ought to get through the whole thing....

Deflection noted

You see, irony impaired.

Good luck with that.

Again you fail

Another logical fallacy. Color me shocked.

The thread is right there ^ for anyone to see. You made the dumb ass statement. Now own it.

Let us know when he starts doing that.

Forum List

Back