Trump to name greedy CEO head of Labor Department

very simply put, If high wages were advantageous to the business, the business would pay high wages.
I know a couple of business owners, every one of them thinks they pay the employees to little, they wish they could pay them more, but the money just is not there to do it. I accept the fact that yes, there are businesses out there that try to maximize profits, or buy that new yacht on the backs of the employees, but I dont think that is as prevalent as people tend to think it is. For a company that has gone public, it needs the investors to buy their stock, its how they can afford to grow, to upgrade machinery when applicable. To attract those investors there has to be a good chance of paying reasonable dividends back. In most businesses (most not all) labor is the greatest expense in producing whatever it is that is produced once you consider the employee pay, the employer matched deductions, insurance, sick leave, vacation etc... A $30.00 and hour employee might actually cost that employer closer to $50.00 an hour once all is considered. The employee only sees $30.00. Since everything about a business has to have a profit associated with it, that $30.00 an hour employee might get pissed when he see's his employer charging customers 80 an hour for his time but the company is only making $30.00 an hour off of him. The customer wants to see an $80.00 per hour value,,,, from a $30.00 an hour employee.
Fine for companies that are struggling but what about the ones that aren't?

This is one reason why income inequality has grown. Company used to take profits and split it up 3 ways. Execs, shareholders and workers. Since the 70s this has changed. Now the execs get 50% and shareholders get 50%. Workers left behind.
execs get 50%, shareholders get 50%.
Um,, why would anyone work for free, because thats what you are indicating
See, a non union, underpaid person wouldn't understand. Your wage and profits are different. Do you ever want a raise?

Profits are different than wages. Ever get a bonus or raise? Arent they different than your wages?

Let me make it so even you can understand. You make $40k the CEO makes $1 mill and shareholders usually get 1/3 of whatever profits are made.

But the CEO and shareholders every year for 20 years dont give you a raise. They keep taking the profits and they keep paying you $40. 20 years later you wonder why you still make the same but they're making 10 times what they used to make. You've been left behind.

Oh you still have a job but we're talking about something different here and I'm not sure you understand that.

The greedy assholes in this country are the welfare queens that think they are entitled to the money that other people makes. You know, the core of the filthy ass Democrat Party.
Wrong. The greedy assholes are the ones getting rich while the poor workers bust their ass to make,sell,transport etc the product and get SHIT for wages in return while the CEO has 2 or 3 homes,5 car garage and kids in private school costing more in 1 year than what you make in an entire year.

It is always comical to see people bitch about CEO salaries. That is greedy envy.

If any corporation pays a CEO more money that you think they are worth then simply don't buy any goods or services from the corporation. Vote with your wallet. Problem solved.

The thing that you may have a difficult time understanding is that CEO salaries is all supply and demand in in the private economy, which makes it voluntary for your participation. The greedy welfare queens get their money through government thievery. The government takes your money by force and gives it to them and you don't get much of a say in the matter and that is despicable.

The greedy assholes in this country are the welfare queens that think they are entitled to the money that other people makes. You know, the core of the filthy ass Democrat Party.
Wrong. The greedy assholes are the ones getting rich while the poor workers bust their ass to make,sell,transport etc the product and get SHIT for wages in return while the CEO has 2 or 3 homes,5 car garage and kids in private school costing more in 1 year than what you make in an entire year.

It is always comical to see people bitch about CEO salaries. That is greedy envy.

If any corporation pays a CEO more money that you think they are worth then simply don't buy any goods or services from the corporation. Vote with your wallet. Problem solved.

The thing that you may have a difficult time understanding is that CEO salaries is all supply and demand in in the private economy, which makes it voluntary for your participation. The greedy welfare queens get their money through government thievery. The government takes your money by force and gives it to them and you don't get much of a say in the matter and that is despicable.
Very libertarian of you.

very simply put, If high wages were advantageous to the business, the business would pay high wages.
I know a couple of business owners, every one of them thinks they pay the employees to little, they wish they could pay them more, but the money just is not there to do it. I accept the fact that yes, there are businesses out there that try to maximize profits, or buy that new yacht on the backs of the employees, but I dont think that is as prevalent as people tend to think it is. For a company that has gone public, it needs the investors to buy their stock, its how they can afford to grow, to upgrade machinery when applicable. To attract those investors there has to be a good chance of paying reasonable dividends back. In most businesses (most not all) labor is the greatest expense in producing whatever it is that is produced once you consider the employee pay, the employer matched deductions, insurance, sick leave, vacation etc... A $30.00 and hour employee might actually cost that employer closer to $50.00 an hour once all is considered. The employee only sees $30.00. Since everything about a business has to have a profit associated with it, that $30.00 an hour employee might get pissed when he see's his employer charging customers 80 an hour for his time but the company is only making $30.00 an hour off of him. The customer wants to see an $80.00 per hour value,,,, from a $30.00 an hour employee.

This is one reason why income inequality has grown. Company used to take profits and split it up 3 ways. Execs, shareholders and workers. Since the 70s this has changed. Now the execs get 50% and shareholders get 50%. Workers left behind.
See, a non union, underpaid person wouldn't understand. Your wage and profits are different. Do you ever want a raise?

Profits are different than wages. Ever get a bonus or raise? Arent they different than your wages?

Let me make it so even you can understand. You make $40k the CEO makes $1 mill and shareholders usually get 1/3 of whatever profits are made.

But the CEO and shareholders every year for 20 years dont give you a raise. They keep taking the profits and they keep paying you $40. 20 years later you wonder why you still make the same but they're making 10 times what they used to make. You've been left behind.

Oh you still have a job but we're talking about something different here and I'm not sure you understand that.
You are the one that doesn't understand. You think low pay is the result of not enough government regulation. However, the bigger government gets the smaller the private sector gets. They can't both grow at the same time. The smaller the private sector is the more desperate people will be for jobs so they can afford to treat you like shit. 1,000 people are waiting for your job.

You are the one that doesn't understand. You think low pay is the result of not enough government regulation. However, the bigger government gets the smaller the private sector gets. They can't both grow at the same time. The smaller the private sector is the more desperate people will be for jobs so they can afford to treat you like shit. 1,000 people are waiting for your job.

You are the one that doesn't understand. What government is forcing the CEO and shareholders to not give their workers a raise? The government has nothing to do with this. I wish they would force employers to UN tear up the social contract they had with workers until around the mid 70s.

And Not true right now. Companies are now looking for good help again. I was unemployed after the bush great recession and experienced competing with 20 other overqualified people. Today companies are looking for good help.

Funny I'm a superstar with recruiters calling me now but in 2008 I couldn't get even a call back.

That's another thing. Get companies to stop the policy of only hiring people who already have a job.

How are the unemployed going to find a good job when companies treat them like they have aids?

On the other hand, many of the unemployed are flawed people. Let's be honest there's a reason they aren't working. Lol. But sometimes they might not have been a good fit or they had a bad boss or worked for a bad company.

[

You are the one that doesn't understand. What government is forcing the CEO and shareholders to not give their workers a raise? The government has nothing to do with this.metimes they might not have been a good fit or they had a bad boss or worked for a bad company.

Actually when the filthy ass oppressive government passes minimum wage laws they are forcing the employers to pay the employees higher wages than the free market of labor would support. Despicable, isn't it?

putting aside the very condescending tone in your response, I think it might be you that does not understand, It sounds as though you are looking at it only from the eyes of the employee, lower level employee. In the first place, if you can show me anyone that has been working the same job for 20 years and has never had a pay raise, I am going to show you an idiot that has no desire to do anything with their life in the first place. In other words, that person does not exist. What you out on the production floor sees is the company producing more and selling it for a higher price, thus they are making a boat load more money than they did before. What the CEO sees is higher costs to get that product from raw material to a packaged item being loaded onto a truck for shipping. Taxes, fee's insurance, pay, utilities to run the factory, transportation etc... are all costs that have to be covered. You see the price of an item go up by a couple dollars and think the company is getting over on you, what you dont seem to realize is that the cost of fuel to run the trucks that deliver that product doubled over the last 3 months, that couple dollar increase you see only overs the increase in transportation, bottom line is that the company is still making the same profit off of the product as before the increase
You also seem to be under the impression that just because you have been on the job for 20 years you automatically deserve more pay. While I agree that at minimum a yearly cost of living raise just to keep you at least even with inflation would be good, however consider this, if you have been on the SAME JOB doing the SAME THING for 20 years as a lower level employee, something is wrong with your work in the first place, in all that time, no promotions? change of position? responsibility? nothing? just the same exact thing for 20 years? highly unlikely, an employee like that would have been fired long before the 20 years ever came up.
Another thing that I notice with you as well as so many others, when you take a job you agree to a certain pay to perform a certain task. Your concern should be limited to the quality of the work you produce and making sure that the agreed upon pay is properly applied to the correct number of hours worked. If your paycheck is correct, you dont have to worry about anything else. What the companies profits are, or how much the CEO or any other upper level employee makes is not any of your concern or business.
If during your employment with the company you feel as though you are underpaid or treated unfairly, you can walk out the door and find another job that is a better fit for you.

The only Cabinet member candidate I do not like so far, and I do not like him at all, is Trump's choice for Labor Secretary. He IS big proponent of Open Border and cheap immigrant labor. He HAS joined forces with Rupert Murdock and others to lobby for legislation that would increase illegal immigration here and push for 'Immigration Reform', which we all know means 'Amnesty' and flooding the work market with cheap labor.

He has also said that 'there are jobs Americans just won't do' - like flipping burgers - so 'we need cheap immigrant labor to do that'. The dumbass needs to look around - with so many companies and jobs leaving the United States about the only jobs around to be had are flipping burgers. He manages Hardees' and Carl Jrs', so he ought to know that many Americans have had to settle for part-time burger-flipping jobs to try to support an entire family. Drive up to a drive-in window at a fast food place anymore - It isn't some kid waiting there anymore. It's Grandma!

I don't know anything about him being 'greedy', but I do know he is more aligned with the Paul Ryan-GOP and the Open Border Progressives than what people wanted and were promised by Trump.

As I said, this guy is the only real pick that has me concerned. He's almost everything Trump ran against, which was in part Jobs for Americans and Anti-Illegal Immigration.

If this guy makes it through the wickets and is approved Trump will have to keep a tight rein on him to ensure he keeps his promise to the American people. By nominating this guy it seems Trump just made more work for himself.

I love watching these Libstains cry!

If you like this you'll love what he's going to do for the average workers. We can finally have Carl's Jr as the backbone of the American economy.

we just witnessed what the current president did for the Middle Class over the past 8 years........ reduced our take home pay and increased our healthcare costs.That said, what is, in your view, the Obama backbone of the American Economy?

The economy is doing well and take home pay has been going down since the 80's. Healthcare costs have always increased every year. This is like blaming Obama for snow in Denver.

putting aside the very condescending tone in your response, I think it might be you that does not understand, It sounds as though you are looking at it only from the eyes of the employee, lower level employee. In the first place, if you can show me anyone that has been working the same job for 20 years and has never had a pay raise, I am going to show you an idiot that has no desire to do anything with their life in the first place. In other words, that person does not exist. What you out on the production floor sees is the company producing more and selling it for a higher price, thus they are making a boat load more money than they did before. What the CEO sees is higher costs to get that product from raw material to a packaged item being loaded onto a truck for shipping. Taxes, fee's insurance, pay, utilities to run the factory, transportation etc... are all costs that have to be covered. You see the price of an item go up by a couple dollars and think the company is getting over on you, what you dont seem to realize is that the cost of fuel to run the trucks that deliver that product doubled over the last 3 months, that couple dollar increase you see only overs the increase in transportation, bottom line is that the company is still making the same profit off of the product as before the increase
You also seem to be under the impression that just because you have been on the job for 20 years you automatically deserve more pay. While I agree that at minimum a yearly cost of living raise just to keep you at least even with inflation would be good, however consider this, if you have been on the SAME JOB doing the SAME THING for 20 years as a lower level employee, something is wrong with your work in the first place, in all that time, no promotions? change of position? responsibility? nothing? just the same exact thing for 20 years? highly unlikely, an employee like that would have been fired long before the 20 years ever came up.
Another thing that I notice with you as well as so many others, when you take a job you agree to a certain pay to perform a certain task. Your concern should be limited to the quality of the work you produce and making sure that the agreed upon pay is properly applied to the correct number of hours worked. If your paycheck is correct, you dont have to worry about anything else. What the companies profits are, or how much the CEO or any other upper level employee makes is not any of your concern or business.
If during your employment with the company you feel as though you are underpaid or treated unfairly, you can walk out the door and find another job that is a better fit for you.

Goodbye Middle Class: 51 Percent Of All American Workers Make Less Than 30,000 Dollars A Year

I guess you are right. Me an Trump aren't completely telling the truth here

Trump says workers making less, working harder than 20 years

Most workers actually making LESS than 5 years ago

So I can show you lots of people who not only haven't gotten a raise in 20 years, when you factor inflation in they make less than they did before.

Consider the guy at GM who's job went to Mexico 20 years ago. Of course I'm making this up but think about all the people who's good paying jobs went overseas and they ended up at a new job making less. How is he or she ever going to make the kind of money they made 20 years ago?

If I'm wrong then Trump lied.

Oh, and basically are you admitting that Trump isn't going to raise workers wages? Because I didn't think he would. In fact you sound like a Republican who is no longer talking about helping blue collar. You sound like a 2007 Republican who was saying those losers are responsible for how much they make now and they were overpaid to begin with. I guess it's safe to be honest now that the election is over. But you don't want to be obvious right? It's their problem if they have no skills. Start a company or go back to school. They should be happy with whatever the company feels like giving them. They shouldn't get a raise just because the company was profitable.

You can if the economy is good like it is now. Thanks Obama. But not when Bush put us in a great recession.

22 jobs where people make far less now than they would have ten years ago

Are you calling self employed people stupid? They make less than they did 20 years ago.

For most workers, real wages have barely budged for decades

You are a typical Republican with all your little right wing talking points.

The only Cabinet member candidate I do not like so far, and I do not like him at all, is Trump's choice for Labor Secretary. He IS big proponent of Open Border and cheap immigrant labor. He HAS joined forces with Rupert Murdock and others to lobby for legislation that would increase illegal immigration here and push for 'Immigration Reform', which we all know means 'Amnesty' and flooding the work market with cheap labor.

He has also said that 'there are jobs Americans just won't do' - like flipping burgers - so 'we need cheap immigrant labor to do that'. The dumbass needs to look around - with so many companies and jobs leaving the United States about the only jobs around to be had are flipping burgers. He manages Hardees' and Carl Jrs', so he ought to know that many Americans have had to settle for part-time burger-flipping jobs to try to support an entire family. Drive up to a drive-in window at a fast food place anymore - It isn't some kid waiting there anymore. It's Grandma!

I don't know anything about him being 'greedy', but I do know he is more aligned with the Paul Ryan-GOP and the Open Border Progressives than what people wanted and were promised by Trump.

As I said, this guy is the only real pick that has me concerned. He's almost everything Trump ran against, which was in part Jobs for Americans and Anti-Illegal Immigration.

If this guy makes it through the wickets and is approved Trump will have to keep a tight rein on him to ensure he keeps his promise to the American people. By nominating this guy it seems Trump just made more work for himself.

We told you these corporations want the market flooded with cheap labor. It keeps labor costs down.

I'm curious what you do/did for a living.

Oh so jobs shoild.always meet a family basic.needs?

Who decides what needs are basic?
You realize when you raise the min wage, prices go up?
Funny how CEO's make MILLIONS and yet prices are still low. Feed that line of BS elsewhere.

Youre not bright are you?
You realize there is one CEO and thousands of employees for a company

Oh and sweeping the floor is not difficult and shouldnt pay much, its why people go to college.
Oh yes go to college so MORE rich assholes can get richer off of a high school student wanting to educate themselves and ending up 100k or more in debt. Its why my kids will either get scholarships OR will be going to college in Europe where they actually give a shit about their future workers and have college for free in MANY countries. Right now looks like Germany and Iceland are leading contenders.

So you dont like college?
You think it should be free?
Do you think people are responsible for anything?
Course they are. But educating yourself SHOULD NOT be a punishment. Give college kids a damn chance without burying them in debt from the day they graduate! Jesus Christ. Go study how Germany,Iceland,Sweden,Norway,Finland,France,Spain etc etc MOST of Europe manages to do this. In fact in FOUR YEARS a college graduate in Germany will have paid back in working in Germany the money spent on their college education so its a win win for the country. They educate people,they then get educated workers who work and the taxes they pay go back to the government that paid for the college!

Uh why is tution raised all the time? Libs gotta get that cash! We do need to fix that cost and books.
But I think college is your responsibility, not the tax payers.

I'm curious what you do/did for a living.
What I did? I am a retired Network engineer.
I did have my own business for about 10 years that I ran while doing my Network job It was a landscaping company, I hired only Americans (mostly black) that had just been released from prison due to drug charges. Nobody else would hire them and they needed a shot at getting back into society. I did this because I knew someone that did come out of prison on drug charges, (distribution) and watched what he went through trying to support himself in a legal fashion. Sold that company to one of the supervisors that I had hired, actually the first one that I hired when I started the business, and he is still running it to this day using the same method of hiring as I did. But, before I retired from the boring field of computers I went back to college and got my degree in psychology, I am now working at a facility where I counsel those with mental health issues and/or drug addictions. I planned on this being basically a part time position that would give me something to do in retirement, Im currently working 65 to 80 hours a week. As a matter of fact, if I am posting between the hours of 8pm and 8am, Im posting from work.
Is that a boring enough life? See, I told the truth, didnt lie to make it look like Im sitting on a bazillion dollars of cash, or that I knock back 250,000 a year, or any other glorified self stroking lie to make myself look more important or richer than anyone else here, because, Im not. Im no smarter, richer or better in any way that you or anyone.
But as you can see, I do have a little experience with running a small, (very small) business and I do know what a 2 or 3 dollar an hour pay raise for all employees at once would do to the average small business.

I don't eat at Hardees or Carl Jr's. Their food makes me literally sick. Don't know what it is just nasty food I suppose and we have one right in town...funny how McDonalds literally across the street is PACKED constantly and the only people at Hardees is the old men there every day....must be also because McDonalds pays more starting out from what their little flyer says on the window.

[

You are the one that doesn't understand. What government is forcing the CEO and shareholders to not give their workers a raise? The government has nothing to do with this.metimes they might not have been a good fit or they had a bad boss or worked for a bad company.

Actually when the filthy ass oppressive government passes minimum wage laws they are forcing the employers to pay the employees higher wages than the free market of labor would support. Despicable, isn't it?
Why don't you morons just say what you mean. You couldn't care less if wages were ZERO. Libertarianism along with Conservatism,Liberalism,Democratic Socialism,Democracy etc are mental diseases,they have destroyed the fabric of a a society working together for the good of everyone.

Forum List

Back