🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to pay for tax cuts with future economy growth

The ONLY way to balance the budget is through economic growth. It has always been thus. Well-planned tax cuts spur investment, stimulate employment, and indirectly generate additional tax revenues.

The problem, historically, is that Congress spends the additional revenues, then says the pesky deficit was the result of the tax cuts.

And people buy it.

please don't let them do this, even Trumpettes should be against this...a little higher taxes on the wealthiest to reduce the growth rate of our National debt actually makes investment in their companies and employing people greater.

the wealthiest invest more in their own businesses when taxes are higher, because most any investment in their companies is a tax write off...increasing or expanding their services and increasing their employees is all income tax free....

they tend to invest more thru expansion because they don't want to simply pay the government MORE in taxes...on their profit?

I didn't make that up, I read it somewhere...of course I can't remember where??? But I do know I checked the reliability of the source (because I always do, on any source) and came away with believing it could be accurate....?

It does make sense, from a business perspective...who really just wants to hand over to the govt more of your profits at a time when taxes are higher, when if you have a strong business with expansion opportunities that could benefit the company in the long run, why not do it when taxes are higher on your profits and use more of your profits tax free thru the expansion?

I dunno? Maybe I am not thinking this through, thoroughly?

Yep! You now have the Trump tax cut plan! He isn't going to reduce spending to fund it. He isn't going to put a border tax on imports to fund it. He isn't going to repeal ACA to fund it. He is going to fund it with imaginary future income resulting from projected future economic growth! He figures that he has 2 trillion imaginary dollars to offset the tax cuts! It is all pretty much exactly the same logic that has put the country 19 trillion dollars in debt! I kind of like it! I plan on using the same argument with my mortgage company on why they should finance my purchase of Bill Gates' next door neighbor's house that I plan to buy!

Trump tax plan to rely on future U.S. growth to fund cuts: officials
This was the same myth that Reagan used -- and deficits skyrocketed.

I agree there is no other way.

And also that the corp tax cuts are needed.

The far right won't go for it however, and therefore Trump Tax Reform is going to be DOA as well, just like Trumpcare.

Yep! You now have the Trump tax cut plan! He isn't going to reduce spending to fund it. He isn't going to put a border tax on imports to fund it. He isn't going to repeal ACA to fund it. He is going to fund it with imaginary future income resulting from projected future economic growth! He figures that he has 2 trillion imaginary dollars to offset the tax cuts! It is all pretty much exactly the same logic that has put the country 19 trillion dollars in debt! I kind of like it! I plan on using the same argument with my mortgage company on why they should finance my purchase of Bill Gates' next door neighbor's house that I plan to buy!

shit for brains
Federal government has no claim to those taxes so how can they pay for something with something they do not own? Progressive taxes of any sort is taxation without representation… Fact

What do you think would have happened to our national debt had petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama had he brought the GDP up to 3% or more during his last six years?

2009%20to%202016_zpst3rh2zsx.jpg

Bill Clinton increased taxes, and was actually paying on the National Debt in his second term. George Bush cut taxes, got us mired in two wars of occupation, and crashed the economy. Now, once again, we have a Republican inheriting a growing vibrant economy. Do you think that we will be able to call our economy that at the end of 2019?

This was the same myth that Reagan used -- and deficits skyrocketed.

The revenues skyrocketed as well.

As you know, the Democrats had promised President Reagan that they would cut spending. Which they reneged on causing the debt to increase.

On the other hand, petulant former President Obama was able to obtain huge tax increases resulting in a stagnant recovery.

Bill Clinton increased taxes, and was actually paying on the National Debt in his second term.

That is not true. The illusion of a surplus was due to Social Security and Medicare payments being included. Which is, and has been normal.

As you know, the increase in tax revenues to the government came about because of the massive dot.com bubble that burst toward the end of Clinton's term leaving President Bush with a recession.

Now I know you never watched one Trump interview or speech.
Yes, my dim witted, racist, Liberal friend, future economic growth does produce more taxes to pay for civil projects.

/--- it costs nothing to let people keep more of their own money. There's nothing to pay for.

shit for brains
Federal government has no claim to those taxes so how can they pay for something with something they do not own? Progressive taxes of any sort is taxation without representation… Fact

Sounds like you should take that up with Trump. It's HIS plan!

Nothing new to see here, folks. Trump is following in Reagan and baby Bush's footsteps, and lowering taxes, without lowering spending, and then blaming the resulting deficit on democrats. We are used to it, having broad shoulders.

shit for brains

Sounds like you should take that up with Trump. It's HIS plan!
The federal government is always wrong

So.............we're gonna do tax cuts now, and we will pay for them with future economic growth?

I thought you conservatives were against having our children pay off the debt we incur today.

Forum List

Back