🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to remove protections from media.

Missourian I'm pretty sure that BULLDOG was making fun of trump. my point was that he CAN'T change liable laws. those things are constitutional issues because they involve first amendment concepts.

<aside>Man oh man, do you hate these long quote strings as much as I do?

-----------------

You mean like "free speech zones" and the like? Those kinds of changes?

It seems like the establishment has no problem redefining constitutional issues and First amendment concepts when it benefits them. We need to shed the US/THEM mentality, taking positions based of political opportunism, and answer these questions honestly.

Should the media be allowed to lie and manipulate public opinion?

The answer is obviously no.

You won't see me in the "Rubio is a gay foam club dancer" thread, because it's likely a vicious lie.

Conversely, anyone who is defending Hillary's Top Secret private server is not being honest. There is no excuse for defending what everyone understands was piss poor judgement in an attempt to hide for sunshine laws.

Today, we have the same people who defended Romney's not releasing tax information, demanding that Trump do the same.

Ok, your turn...you give me a Trump position that is totally outrageous, that no one in their right mind could support.

Missourian I'm pretty sure that BULLDOG was making fun of trump. my point was that he CAN'T change liable laws. those things are constitutional issues because they involve first amendment concepts.

-----------------

It seems like the establishment has no problem redefining constitutional issues and First amendment concepts when it benefits them. We need to shed the US/THEM mentality, taking positions based of political opportunism, and answer these questions honestly.

You won't see me in the "Rubio is a gay foam club dancer" thread, because it's likely a vicious lie.

Conversely, anyone who is defending Hillary's Top Secret private server is not being honest. There is no excuse for defending what everyone understands was piss poor judgement in an attempt to hide for sunshine laws.

Today, we have the same people who defended Romney's not releasing tax information, demanding that Trump do the same.

Ok, your turn...you give me a Trump position that is totally outrageous, that no one in their right mind could support.

yes... I do hate the long quote streams... they're annoying as anything.

no. I'm talking about the fact that our constitutional caselaw is very clear about what is and isn't protected speech. and when you're a public figure, before a news agency can be found liable for defamation, there has to be actual malice.

fwiw, I don't like those threads either... they're boring. but I also don't like the hypocrisy of people who are closeted and who try to take away the rights of others.... assuming he is closted. and I'm not certain that's true, although I've heard rumors about it for years. I just don't care.

I think the tax return thing should be consistent for everyone... but trump is full of bologna about why he's not releasing it.

and you know that cruz and Rubio are desperate to get him out. they're willing to do anything except for what needs to be done which is for one of them to drop out... preferably cruz because he has no appeal to anyone but evangelicals.

as for trump positions that are outrageous.... anything he's said having to do with immigrants. his "ideas" are nonsense that he knows can't happen... but he feeds his *base*. there will never be a wall paid for by mexico... that is simply absurd. and you cannot round people up in the middle of the night and ship them out of the country for not having "papers".

Last edited:
When did we get so weak and spineless that we need to run to the courts for every conflict. Trump should be advocating a solution in the spirit of what America is all about... The clear solution is for somebody to start a media outlet that fact checks, calls out the liars, and bases it's reputation on reporting the truth and exposing the lies. This is no easy task as there are tons of websites that try it, however, we need to be smarter than the drama vulture networks... If done right, it can rise to the top and set the standards of truth, honesty and exposing the ridiculous media circus on both sides. All we need is a Billionaire to fund it and Jeff Daniels to be the news anchor.

Last edited:

-----------------

Mexico is not going to pay for a wall. We really can't deport 10 million people, because we'd have to change laws, and the changes would be tied up in courts for years. He's going to open up libel laws .... libel law is actually controlled by Supreme Court precedence.

New York Times Co. v. Sullivan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the man it total bullshit.

-----------------

no. I'm talking about the fact that our constitutional caselaw is very clear about what is and isn't protected speech. and when you're a public figure, before a news agency can be found liable for defamation, there has to be actual malice.

fwiw, I don't like those threads either... they're boring. but I also don't like the hypocrisy of people who are closeted and who try to take away the rights of others.... assuming he is closted. and I'm not certain that's true, although I've heard rumors about it for years. I just don't care.

I think the tax return thing should be consistent for everyone... but trump is full of bologna about why he's not releasing it.

and you know that cruz and Rubio are desperate to get him out. they're willing to do anything except for what needs to be done which is for one of them to drop out... preferably cruz because he has no appeal to anyone but evangelicals.
This Tax thing is such BS that NOBODY cares about. Trump and Romney are both full of shit. Romney is trying to start a buz worthy distraction through planting a seed of doubt, and Trump is waiting to lock up the nomination before releasing so the vultures don't turn the conversation into a financial analysis of his past.... The situation is so transparent and we shouldn't be feeding into it.

-----------------

You really think it's a good idea to send troops back into the middle east for the 3rd time in 25 years?

Muslim Americans should be allowed to file a class action suit against Trump for that malicious and foul lie he is still telling about witnessing thousands of Muslim Americans celebrating in the street on 9/11. They should be awarded every penny that man has stolen and even the little bit he might have made honestly, if there is any.

Not seeing a problem here. Why shouldn't the Media be held to the same standard you or I would? The Media should be held to a HIGHER standard than you or I are.

that isn't what trumpeter is talking about..... what he's talking about is he's a thin-skinned whiner and can't stand the treatment that the media gives to everyone else...and the things he does to others that are far worse.

if he's too thin-skinned for the limelight, he really shouldn't run.

BULLDOG said "Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued."

If Bulldog is FOS, call him on it.

I answered the OP.

Your turn jillian, do you have a problem with what the OP claimed was Trumps position?

Of course I was making fun of Trump. He can't discard the first amendment just because a newspaper article didn't put him in a good light.

Not seeing a problem here. Why shouldn't the Media be held to the same standard you or I would? The Media should be held to a HIGHER standard than you or I are.

that isn't what trumpeter is talking about..... what he's talking about is he's a thin-skinned whiner and can't stand the treatment that the media gives to everyone else...and the things he does to others that are far worse.

BULLDOG said "Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued."

I answered the OP.

Your turn jillian, do you have a problem with what the OP claimed was Trumps position?

Of course I was making fun of Trump. He can't discard the first amendment just because a newspaper article didn't put him in a good light.

I know. :)

In his Texas rally, Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued. Will that put right wing radio out of business? The man is nuts, but I like some of his ideas. What do you think about forcing the media to tell the truth?
You are actually asking people to come up with rational critique of a nonsensical notion. What's this "lie" he's talking about? The man is a LIE LOL

No, I'm not asking for a critical critique of a nonsensical notion. I'm asking what you think of an idiot who would propose such, and the idiots who support him.

In his Texas rally, Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued. Will that put right wing radio out of business? The man is nuts, but I like some of his ideas. What do you think about forcing the media to tell the truth?

How about we start with the politicians and PACs? They make the media, all of it, look like boy scouts.

A agree about the PACs, but that's not what Trump said.

Trump is a child, spoiled by his own success. You can't sue someone just because they don't share your high opinion of yourself, doesn't matter if it's a private citizen or a media opinion show host. BTW, why do you want to give politicians a pass?

I have no desire to give politicians a pass, but the ballot box should be the remedy for their lies.There should be laws to limit PACs

I answered the OP.

I know. :)

Sadly, his supporters don't

No because the left will use that to repeatily sue anyone they don't agree with on the air. We seen that tactic used before.

Yes Faux News will lose 90% of its content. You better believe they and the Gopp establishment will fight this harder than anything else.

what a schmuck. he can't do any such thing. the supreme court would stomp on him.

poor dear.... I guess he doesn't like the body of caselaw that says when you're a public figure there has to be actual malice.

what a baby.
Exactly.

-----------------

No, like New York Times v. Sullivan, and the like – where defamation concerning public figures is entitled to First Amendment protections absent actual malice, rendering Trump's threat of 'lawsuits' ignorant and ridiculous.

This is further proof that Trump isn't qualified to be president, he's comprehensively ignorant of the law, of appropriate public policy, and of sound, responsible governance – regardless whom he watches on TV or hires to 'take care of this sort of stuff.'

This is further proof that Trump isn't qualified to be president, he's comprehensively ignorant of the law, of appropriate public policy, and of sound, responsible governance – regardless whom he watches on TV or hires to 'take care of this sort of stuff.'

Well, yes, he IS rather like Comrade Obama in all that....but don't you feel He has done a wonderful job? Remember, denial may cost you your Democrat Party membership card and the parking space for your Prius......not to mention your decoder ring.

-----------------

as for trump positions that are outrageous.... anything he's said having to do with immigrants. his "ideas" are nonsense that he knows can't happen... but he feeds his *base*. there will never be a wall paid for by mexico... that is simply absurd. and you cannot round people up in the middle of the night and ship them out of the country for not having "papers".

Why not? Mexico is much more dependent on trade with us than we are with them. Why should we not use that to our advantage?

Once the border is secure, we can have a discussion on how to handle illegal aliens.

Forum List

Back