🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to remove protections from media.

M'kay. The DOJ cannot amend the constitution however.

So the Constitution would need to be amended to bring suit for defamation, slander, and libel? :eek:

There is a reason you are a leftist, and it's not because you're astoundingly bright...

Let's examine what Trump said:

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," he said. "We're going to open up those libel laws. So when the New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when the Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected."

What does that mean, if it doesn't mean changing the laws themselves?
The 'law' governing public figures trying to sue for "falsehoods" is primarily set by the scotus case of NYT v. Sullivan. Trump is not going to open up jack shite. The only thing remotely interesting about this is why the Big Fat Liar hasn't been dumped in the clown car and run off Chris Christie's bridge.

Nope he said

"Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

After that he said something like "They's a lot of Muslims in Jersey."

So you're saying he's wrong? There are very few, if any?

Nope he said

"Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

Well, just because Yoko imagines sex with Hillary doesn't make her necessarily nuts, either.

Let's examine what Trump said:

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," he said. "We're going to open up those libel laws. So when the New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace or when the Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected."

What does that mean, if it doesn't mean changing the laws themselves?

Do you think that there are no libel laws? Do you think the Constitution (you're a leftist, Allah knows you've never read it.) prohibits the application of defamation laws against the yellow journalism of the DNC press?

Explain why the party controlled NY Times should be exempt from libel laws that would apply to Republicans and commoners?

Look, I know you leftists believe in very different laws for party members than are applied to commoners, but Trump suggesting that the party press be subject to the laws that govern the rest of us isn't all that outrageous.

So what is he suggesting then. Is he going to have his Justice Dept waste the people's money by suing every newspaper, cable news outlet, and blogger who speaks ill of him? Do you actually approve of a president doing so?

Nope he said

It was a poor innuendo on "Donald the Liars" part meant to denigrate Muslims in Jersey City I guess. Typical Donald. Does their religion matter to the fact that there were not thousands and thousands of people cheering as that building was coming down? I don't really care. I just like watching the biggest clown in the clown car. I think I'll vote for him tomorrow.

So what is he suggesting then. Is he going to have his Justice Dept waste the people's money by suing every newspaper, cable news outlet, and blogger who speaks ill of him? Do you actually approve of a president doing so?

I'm just pointing out that you folk are lying.

Trump is a blowhard and I don't support him.

But it is amusing watching you Bolsheviks lose your shit every time he opens his mouth. The DNC press NEEDS to be sued. The NY Times is far less reliable now than Pravda was under Stalin.

In his Texas rally, Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued. Will that put right wing radio out of business? The man is nuts, but I like some of his ideas. What do you think about forcing the media to tell the truth?

What protections would the president be able to remove from the press?

I'm just pointing out that you folk are lying.

Trump is a blowhard and I don't support him.

But it is amusing watching you Bolsheviks lose your shit every time he opens his mouth. The DNC press NEEDS to be sued. The NY Times is far less reliable now than Pravda was under Stalin.

:itsok:

In his Texas rally, Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued. Will that put right wing radio out of business? The man is nuts, but I like some of his ideas. What do you think about forcing the media to tell the truth?

How DARE you point out the Drumpf makes no sense. You should be SUED

How DARE you point out the Drumpf makes no sense. You should be SUED

I'm only highlighting the faux hysteria...lol

[

In The Occupied Territories, not Jersey.

Do you snap your heels and scream "Heil Hitler" as you spew "occupied territories"?

"And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down."
-Donald the Liar

He was in Jersey City, doesn't mean the Muslims dancing in the streets were.

Forum List

Back