🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump to remove protections from media.

In his Texas rally, Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued. Will that put right wing radio out of business? The man is nuts, but I like some of his ideas. What do you think about forcing the media to tell the truth?

When politicians are held (liable by law) from lying, then they can complain about the media and write laws for them.

And how are half-truths handled? No, he isn't going to be able to hold the media legally liable for it. It's just more of his fascist BS.

Putting the biased liberal media on blast!
and putting FOX NEWS (and all the right wing media) in to bankruptcy! :eek:

:lol:

Sounds like Trump hasn't fully thought what his statement actually means. His point was that he was pissed about an article someone wrote about him, so he wants to punish the entire media. Typical dumb Trump remark

In his Texas rally, Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued. Will that put right wing radio out of business? The man is nuts, but I like some of his ideas. What do you think about forcing the media to tell the truth?

When politicians are held (liable by law) from lying, then they can complain about the media and write laws for them.

And how are half-truths handled? No, he isn't going to be able to hold the media legally liable for it. It's just more of his fascist BS.

He has as much chance of doing that as he does with all the other things he said he will do.

He has as much chance of doing that as he does with all the other things he said he will do.

Agreed there. His policy talk of "It's going to be YUUUUUUGE" is nothing more than empty promises.

Putting the biased liberal media on blast!
and putting FOX NEWS (and all the right wing media) in to bankruptcy! :eek:

:lol:

Sounds like Trump hasn't fully thought what his statement actually means. His point was that he was pissed about an article someone wrote about him, so he wants to punish the entire media. Typical dumb Trump remark
The First Amendment will stop him from doing that....

I'm just amused at how the right wing has done an 'about face' on this crazy idea....

Agreed there. His policy talk of "It's going to be YUUUUUUGE" is nothing more than empty promises.

The point isn't that he made another dumb statement. He has before, and he will continue to make dumb statements. The point is that the right wing wants someone that crazy as their leader. What's wrong with those people?

They own the damn news papers and media.
That is a good place to start.

How about we start with the politicians and PACs? They make the media, all of it, look like boy scouts.

Lets sue mean people next since we're suing everyone for everything. The new love of lawyers in the open must feel refreshing...out of the closet yanno.

Not seeing a problem here. Why shouldn't the Media be held to the same standard you or I would? The Media should be held to a HIGHER standard than you or I are.

what a schmuck. he can't do any such thing. the supreme court would stomp on him.

poor dear.... I guess he doesn't like the body of caselaw that says when you're a public figure there has to be actual malice.

what a baby.

Not seeing a problem here. Why shouldn't the Media be held to the same standard you or I would? The Media should be held to a HIGHER standard than you or I are.

that isn't what trumpeter is talking about..... what he's talking about is he's a thin-skinned whiner and can't stand the treatment that the media gives to everyone else...and the things he does to others that are far worse.

if he's too thin-skinned for the limelight, he really shouldn't run.

that isn't what trumpeter is talking about..... what he's talking about is he's a thin-skinned whiner and can't stand the treatment that the media gives to everyone else...and the things he does to others that are far worse.

BULLDOG said "Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued."

If Bulldog is FOS, call him on it.

I answered the OP.

Your turn jillian, do you have a problem with what the OP claimed was Trumps position?

BULLDOG said "Trump just said he was going to open up media to liable laws. When they tell lies they will be able to be sued."

If Bulldog is FOS, call him on it.

I answered the OP.

Your turn jillian, do you have a problem with what the OP claimed was Trumps position?

Missourian I'm pretty sure that BULLDOG was making fun of trump. my point was that he CAN'T change liable laws. those things are constitutional issues because they involve first amendment concepts.

You are actually asking people to come up with rational critique of a nonsensical notion. What's this "lie" he's talking about? The man is a LIE LOL

If the Soros hate sites can't lie, then the democrats will be in real trouble. Bullshit is in a panic over the idea that KOS or ThinkProgress would be required to occasionally tell the truth...

You forget to mention the hard right's favorites as well, such as Breitbart, Drudge, NewMax, WND, TownHall, Washington Times and the list can go on and on, plus a ton obscure blogs.
In other words, there a lot of hyper-partisan resources that are questionable regarding truth on both sides of the aisle which are used heavily.
Thus all the ridicules threads/posts on USMB

LBJ and Nixon didn't want the media telling the truth about the Vietnam War to the American Public.

Nixon didn't want the Washington Post telling the truth about his Watergate crimes to the American People.

Bush didn't want the media telling the truth about Iraq to the American People; this is why he forbid pictures of dead soldiers returning home in caskets.

Washington politicians have always hated when the media shines a light on their policies - this is why Bush got the NYT to bury the wiretapping story on the eve of the 2004 election. And it's why FOX News conditions its viewers to mistrust any news that doesn't come from the Republican machine.

Washington Politicians don't want people finding out that (say) Bin Laden and Hussein were enemies, or that Reagan removed Hussein's Iraq from the official list of terrorist nations (so he could finance Iraq in lieu of having lost the Shaw in neighboring Iran). Clinton didn't want the American People to find out how many Iraqi children died because of his failed policies.

Here is what "talk radio" Republicans have never understood. The War on Media was created in response to the fact that Cronkite ended popular support for the Vietnam War (by exposing the depth of the stalemate). The Washington Post ended Nixon's presidency by shining a light on his crimes.

When the media exposes your lies, your only option - if you want to keep lying - is to wage war on the media.

The Republican Think Tank & Media Revolution was launched in the 70s-80s (from the American Enterprise Institute to FOX and talk radio) so as to hamper the media's ability to shine a light on the Washington's behavior. Republicans essentially created this giant bullhorn which screamed liar at any news source that didn't tow the party line.

This post proves Washington has won.

Your party's Washington leaders can do whatever they want because they have created an alternate media which now protects men like Nixon from being exposed.

President Trump will wage a war against the media that would have made LBJ and Nixon proud. Now nobody will be able to expose the truth of Trump University or his bankruptcies or his liberal positions. The destruction of the free press is almost complete.

Washington hates sun light.

How about we start with the politicians and PACs? They make the media, all of it, look like boy scouts.

A agree about the PACs, but that's not what Trump said.

Trump is a child, spoiled by his own success. You can't sue someone just because they don't share your high opinion of yourself, doesn't matter if it's a private citizen or a media opinion show host. BTW, why do you want to give politicians a pass?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back