Trump tries and fails to use the nuclear option for his wall in the Senate

Trump said it loud and clear :
1. Mexico will pay for the wall.
2. He said he will own the shutdown.

So why his minions are spinning things around ?
how? he has two years to get mehico to pay. they are paying today with the migrants at the border. too fking funny. you are anti american. fk off.

Of course they will not go to a Nuke option. Why would they
do that. The Dems don't sign the bill that the House passed
by midnite tonight, the Dems will own the shutdown.

The Prez cannot be blamed for vetoing a bill that he never received.
It’s Trump’s shutdown. He declared ownership of it at his disastrous meeting with Chuck and Nancy. You can pretend the Dems own it like you tried when Lyin’ Ted read Dr. Seuss like a toddler a couple years ago. It didn’t work then either.
The democrats are the ones crying about a shut down would be horrible. All they have to do is give Trump a measly 5 billion dollars. And their precious goverment will not close. So they own it. I hope the goverment closes for a while, show people we can still survive.
All Trump has to do is sign a piece of paper. But he won’t. The shutdown is his :itsok:
I thought McConnell said he hasn't got 50 Republican votes to pass the bill anyway? Doesn't sound like it's going to make it to Trump's desk. Is it?
The House passed the bill
The Senate will not pass the bill, according to McConnell.

Is that right?

It’s Trump’s shutdown. He declared ownership of it at his disastrous meeting with Chuck and Nancy. You can pretend the Dems own it like you tried when Lyin’ Ted read Dr. Seuss like a toddler a couple years ago. It didn’t work then either.
The democrats are the ones crying about a shut down would be horrible. All they have to do is give Trump a measly 5 billion dollars. And their precious goverment will not close. So they own it. I hope the goverment closes for a while, show people we can still survive.
All Trump has to do is sign a piece of paper. But he won’t. The shutdown is his :itsok:
I thought McConnell said he hasn't got 50 Republican votes to pass the bill anyway? Doesn't sound like it's going to make it to Trump's desk. Is it?

Is that right?
There’s a continuing resolution on Trump’s desk right now that he could sign anytime

Nope, he was voted in partly by promising the wall. We will see how long you can survive this shutdown.

Is that right?
There’s a continuing resolution on Trump’s desk right now that he could sign anytime
The one that bumps the whole thing to February. When there will be a Democratic majority in the House. I have to say, if he's going to make a stand, now would be the time.

Nope, he was voted in partly by promising the wall. We will see how long you can survive this shutdown.
It’s his shutdown. He’s already claimed it with his own words. Just because a small minority of terrified racists want a wall doesn’t mean they get to hold the country hostage.

If their constituents want them to vote against the wall, then they will vote against the wall. That's the whole point of a representative democracy.

No. When the desires of the constituents are contrary to the Constitution or the best interests of the nation as a whole, it is Treasonous to vote that way.

It’s his shitdown. Just becaise a minority of terrified racists want a wall doesn’t mean they get to hold the country hostage.
It's democrats that preach doom and gloom about a goverment shut down, but they are willing to let it happen over 5 billion dollars. Just think the longer the shut down. The more people will realize that they don't need goverment to live and realize liberals are full of shit. So it's a win.

It’s his shitdown. Just becaise a minority of terrified racists want a wall doesn’t mean they get to hold the country hostage.
It's democrats that preach doom and gloom about a goverment shut down, but they are willing to let it happen over 5 billion dollars. Just think the longer the shut down. The more people will realize that they don't need goverment to live and realize liberals are full of shit. So it's a win.
Trump is willing to let it happen over $5 billion. You claimed your Green Eggs and Ham shutdown would be a win too and it was a national embarassment instead.

I just don't think a 2200 mile contiguous wall is practical. Like most of Trump's bloviating, it was always bullshit. There are options for less than contiguous walls, along areas suitable and with high foot traffic. Other, more remote places, have options of more human eyes and drones. Probably they can put up obstacles in obvious places too, without having to resort to full out govt taking of land.

I agree a wall is not the best idea, but a five mile deep, Atlantic Wall style Defense in depth staffed by the US Military 24/7/365 with orders to shoot to kill. At a far greater price tag than the wall.

Trump is willing to let it happen over $5 billion. You claimed your Green Eggs and Ham shutdown would be a win too and it was a national embarassment instead.
Lol, i hope it shuts down till next year. It will ruin your party. The embarrasment is people like you doesn't want to have laws enforced.

Lol, i hope it shuts down till next year. It will ruin your party. The embarrasment is people like you doesn't want to have laws enforced.
:rofl:

I honestly don't see why the Dems won't fund a partial wall,or fence, whatever they want to call it. They need a wall in places where folks are routinely flooding across. I believe they've got the eminent domain issues cleared, except for that Indian reservation which is half in the US and half in Mexico and refuses to allow the government on their land. They have been told by a federal court that their will be no environmental impact claims. It's green light all the way.
It is a sensible idea to put a barrier where there is a lot of border jumping.
Give them 5B and let them see how far they can get with it.

:rofl:
Keep laughing but when americans wake up to a democrat goverment shut down and go on with their lives anyway. They will realize they really don't need goverment.

I honestly don't see why the Dems won't fund a partial wall,or fence, whatever they want to call it. They need a wall in places where folks are routinely flooding across. I believe they've got the eminent domain issues cleared, except for that Indian reservation which is half in the US and half in Mexico and refuses to allow the government on their land. They have been told by a federal court that their will be no environmental impact claims. It's green light all the way.
Dems can’t spend what’s like five dollars to the overall budget number. Think about that!

Donald just Trump tried to use the nuclear option in the senate in order to get his wall, despite the fact that Mexico is going to pay for it according to himself.
Mitch McConnell said that the nuclear option is not going to happen, via his spokesman:
Du9IRF4U8AA0n1t

Ben Siegel on Twitter
Don't people know we only spent 6% of 2018 money?
What does it say about a pantywaist country who cowers behind a wall.?

Dems can’t spend what’s like five dollars to the overall budget number. Think about that!

It's called a principle darlin
Sounds like you don't know we have only spent 6% of 2018 money?
What does it say about a cowardly people who cower behind a wall?

Forum List

Back