Trump trying to destroy Free Press?

eddiew

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Donald Trump's Attempt to Destroy Press Freedom Is Reminiscent of 1930's Fascists
By Robert Reich, Robert Reich's Facebook Page

15 May 16

you republicans here think it's all well and good?

rsn-O.jpg
f Donald Trump’s many fascistic tendencies, his treatment of the media -- "disgusting reporters" he calls them – replicates the tactics of demagogues since the 1930s:

1. Banning not just reporters but even publications that have covered him negatively from covering at his public events, while giving campaign credentials to extremist outlets like “Political Cesspool,” a radio show that labels itself "pro-white.”

2. Inciting crowds against the media.Trump regularly whips his crowds into an anti-media frenzy and urges his fans to boo the press pen. Hostile rhetoric toward the press is a staple of his events. "I would never kill them, but I do hate them," he said of the press in December. "And some of them are such lying, disgusting people."

3. Throwing reporters out of Trump rallies. Last weekend, Michael Mayo, a columnist for Florida's Sun-Sentinel, was threatened with arrest if he didn’t leave a Trump rally in West Boca after he entered through the public line and tried to film protesters. The campaign has reportedly begun to intersperse plainclothes security officers amid the crowd to root out anyone who is not a true Trump fan.

4. Using violence against reporters. Two weeks ago, a Secret Service officer watching over the press section choked Time photographer Chris Morris and slammed him to the ground when he tried to venture out of the media pen.

5. Threatening the media with libel. Last month, Trump vowed to make libel laws more punitive against the media if he becomes president. "I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," Trump said during a campaign event in Texas.

A free society depends on a free press. Which is why demagogues and fascists like Trump seek to destroy press freedom.

What do you think?

The media, like Robert Reich, are zionist neocons for the most part. They hate free speech.

Trump trying to destroy Free Press?

No, he just hates it when they report on the real Trump.

Donald Trump's Attempt to Destroy Press Freedom Is Reminiscent of 1930's Fascists

15 May 16

rsn-O.jpg
f Donald Trump’s many fascistic tendencies, his treatment of the media -- "disgusting reporters" he calls them – replicates the tactics of demagogues since the 1930s:

1. Banning not just reporters but even publications that have covered him negatively from covering at his public events, while giving campaign credentials to extremist outlets like “Political Cesspool,” a radio show that labels itself "pro-white.”

2. Inciting crowds against the media.Trump regularly whips his crowds into an anti-media frenzy and urges his fans to boo the press pen. Hostile rhetoric toward the press is a staple of his events. "I would never kill them, but I do hate them," he said of the press in December. "And some of them are such lying, disgusting people."

3. Throwing reporters out of Trump rallies. Last weekend, Michael Mayo, a columnist for Florida's Sun-Sentinel, was threatened with arrest if he didn’t leave a Trump rally in West Boca after he entered through the public line and tried to film protesters. The campaign has reportedly begun to intersperse plainclothes security officers amid the crowd to root out anyone who is not a true Trump fan.

4. Using violence against reporters. Two weeks ago, a Secret Service officer watching over the press section choked Time photographer Chris Morris and slammed him to the ground when he tried to venture out of the media pen.

5. Threatening the media with libel. Last month, Trump vowed to make libel laws more punitive against the media if he becomes president. "I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," Trump said during a campaign event in Texas.

A free society depends on a free press. Which is why demagogues and fascists like Trump seek to destroy press freedom.

What do you think?
Godwin's Law right out of the gate...... Talk about willfully blind idiocy....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(No I'm not a Frump fan).

The media, like Robert Reich, are zionist neocons for the most part. They hate free speech.
Think Hitler had much the same attitude towards those against his takeover Adolph vs Donald similiar?

There was a time when there was such a thing as journalistic integrity. Now pointing out that the media is lying is called destroying the free press.

The press has a right to lie. They used to have an obligation to be truthful. Now they rely on a right to exercise the freedom to lie.

Everyone else also has the right to expose these untruths. That's not destroying the free press.

15 May 16

rsn-O.jpg

What do you think?

i think the cheese has slipped out of your sandwich

There was a time when there was such a thing as journalistic integrity. Now pointing out that the media is lying is called destroying the free press.

The press has a right to lie. They used to have an obligation to be truthful. Now they rely on a right to exercise the freedom to lie.

Everyone else also has the right to expose these untruths. That's not destroying the free press.
When was said time?

The bullshit that happened with that lying bitch Michelle Fields was so out of line. Any one apologize to Corey or Donald yet?

I am laughing my butt off. You truly are blind.
Your own candidate likes to rope off reporters.
Hillary Clinton campaign bans national pool reporter from N.H. events - The Boston Globe
She has banned reporters as well.

Want more?

15 May 16

rsn-O.jpg

What do you think?

Any obligation to call for Trump showing his BS taxes ?The ones that "might" show he isn't as wealthy as he says he is ,,no charitable giving, paying less % than ever R money? etc etc Can the press mention that without you lol patriots wetting your pants? Drump doesn't like it when the press pins the tail on him

Journalistic integrity is a relatively new concept, you really should look at the history of journalism in this country.

Funny stuff. Dems are the ones that lock reporters in closets at fundraisers. Yes that happened.

Any obligation to call for Trump showing his BS taxes ?The ones that "might" show he isn't as wealthy as he says he is ,,no charitable giving, paying less % than ever R money? etc etc Can the press mention that without you lol patriots wetting your pants? Drump doesn't like it when the press pins the tail on him

so what dude

he already said he tries to pay the least amount of taxes legally possible

who dont --LOL

I am laughing my butt off. You truly are blind.
Your own candidate likes to rope off reporters.
Hillary Clinton campaign bans national pool reporter from N.H. events - The Boston Globe
She has banned reporters as well.

Want more?

15 May 16

rsn-O.jpg

What do you think?

That was a classic!

Unlike most of your repub friends here jon I have both oars in the water Trump is a punk ,wealthy ,but a punk needs the spotlight

Trump fights back. I love it. There is no free press. And there's no such thing as journalistic integrity. That is why they are so despised. Look at the giant lie the press spun about Corey supposedly abusing that bitch reporter. It was a complete set up. A complete lie.

Rent a movie. Learn something. Absence of Malice. Fields and Newman are amazing in it.

Forum List

Back