Trump Tweets To Congress: If Healthcare Bill Isn't Passed Soon, Expect Your Obamacare Waivers To End

He's applying pressure. They will fold. How many Dems are going to vote against being on the healthcare they say we all need? Hell the Dems may bring it up for the vote.

Congress is not going to vote in favor of something that is going to cost them more money... They only vote to give themselves raises.
An awful lot of Dems up for reelection in 2018. How many of them would vote against being part of the greatest healthcare law the US has ever seen?

We aren't talking about the Healthcare law right now, we are talking about Trump's threat.

How can you even say with a straight face "the greatest healthcare law the U.S. has ever seen?" The Republicans have had 7 years to come up with something and they spent a weekend to come up with a piece of trash to present to the Senate.
We are absolutely talking about obiecare. Remember, the Dems spent that same weekend cheering for obiecare to be spared. Not one single change could be allowed or millions would die. Remember that? Fine, let's get a law in the works making every one of them, their families and staff go get themselves some of that good stuff. The Dems spent 7 years begging for obiecare to be fixed. It wasn't so let them live with it too.

No... that's not what we are talking about. How can I discuss this with you if you can't even understand the difference between a Healthcare bill and a what equates to a poison pill for the current healthcare bill?
Hold the hell on here. So you agree with Trump. Put these assholes on the same healthcare plan they put us on and suddenly that's a poison pill. Amazing how smart Trump is don't you think?

Congress is not going to vote in favor of something that is going to cost them more money... They only vote to give themselves raises.
An awful lot of Dems up for reelection in 2018. How many of them would vote against being part of the greatest healthcare law the US has ever seen?

We aren't talking about the Healthcare law right now, we are talking about Trump's threat.

How can you even say with a straight face "the greatest healthcare law the U.S. has ever seen?" The Republicans have had 7 years to come up with something and they spent a weekend to come up with a piece of trash to present to the Senate.
We are absolutely talking about obiecare. Remember, the Dems spent that same weekend cheering for obiecare to be spared. Not one single change could be allowed or millions would die. Remember that? Fine, let's get a law in the works making every one of them, their families and staff go get themselves some of that good stuff. The Dems spent 7 years begging for obiecare to be fixed. It wasn't so let them live with it too.

No... that's not what we are talking about. How can I discuss this with you if you can't even understand the difference between a Healthcare bill and a what equates to a poison pill for the current healthcare bill?
Hold the hell on here. So you agree with Trump. Put these assholes on the same healthcare plan they put us on and suddenly that's a poison pill. Amazing how smart Trump is don't you think?

No... it's a poison pill to make Obamacare fail. That's where the disconnect is here. Trump and his followers keep saying that Obamacare is going to implode and fail... and it could easily be fixed, and has actually had people that have said it would stabilize if left alone or tweaked, but Trump and his people like Rubio have been doing everything that can to MAKE IT FAIL.

No... it's a poison pill to make Obamacare fail. That's where the disconnect is here. Trump and his followers keep saying that Obamacare is going to implode and fail... and it could easily be fixed, and has actually had people that have said it would stabilize if left alone or tweaked, but Trump and his people like Rubio have been doing everything that can to MAKE IT FAIL.
Maybe a law should have passed that wasn't designed to fail from the beginning? How can the GOP make the law fail if it was perfect? Oh you said it needed tweaking. Why would we tweak something we didn't want? I think at a minimum congress should get the same healthcare under the same law. Why do you think that's unreasonable? It may end up with the fixes you want.

Maybe a law should have passed that wasn't designed to fail from the beginning? How can the GOP make the law fail if it was perfect? Oh you said it needed tweaking. Why would we tweak something we didn't want? I think at a minimum congress should get the same healthcare under the same law. Why do you think that's unreasonable? It may end up with the fixes you want.

It wasn't designed to fail... It was like anything else, a living bill that was meant to be tweaked and improved, not designed so that when the other party gets the majority vote and the Presidency to undermine it to make it fail.

It wasn't designed to fail... It was like anything else, a living bill that was meant to be tweaked and improved, not designed so that when the other party gets the majority vote and the Presidency to undermine it to make it fail.
Under normal circumstances maybe. When passed by hook or crook by one party no. The GOP got those positions filled to repeal it and that's what pisses me off. Should have been an easy thing to do. Now it looks like Trump is going to shove their own law up their asses. And I should not want that why? You're still trying to spin blame yet you have to live by this law, they don't. How fast will this be fixed once they are all forced out of their plans?

Sorry bout that,

1. I think he can and should pull their insurance subsides, GREAT IDEA, MAGA!!!!!

Kind Regards,
Chesswarsnow

Under normal circumstances maybe. When passed by hook or crook by one party no. The GOP got those positions filled to repeal it and that's what pisses me off. Should have been an easy thing to do. Now it looks like Trump is going to shove their own law up their asses. And I should not want that why? You're still trying to spin blame yet you have to live by this law, they don't. How fast will this be fixed once they are all forced out of their plans?

It was passed by one party in vote only. Republicans actually had a say in the structure of the bill through hearings and amendments.

Here's the thing bub, it was passed under normal circumstances. If by normal circumstances you mean the given rules.

You're just butthurt that your President and your party suffered such an embarrassing defeat.

Sorry bub, thems the breaks.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Sorry bout that,

1. This just proves the swamp still needs draining.
2. And it may take Real Americans to drain it.
3. If you know what I mean.

Kind Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It was passed by one party in vote only. Republicans actually had a say in the structure of the bill through hearings and amendments.
So in other words it was passed by one party. How hard are you trying to spin this?

Here's the thing bub, it was passed under normal circumstances. If by normal circumstances you mean the given rules.

You're just butthurt that your President and your party suffered such an embarrassing defeat.

Sorry bub, thems the breaks.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk
Your party lost their asses over it. WTF are you celebrating?

So in other words it was passed by one party. How hard are you trying to spin this?

It wasn't created by one party... No matter how hard you try to spin this, that fact is not going to change.

It wasn't created by one party... No matter how hard you try to spin this, that fact is not going to change.
Only an idiot tries to compare passed to created. It was passed into law by one party. Period.

Only an idiot tries to compare passed to created. It was passed into law by one party. Period.

Not sure how dumb you are going to play on this... but no matter how far you go won't surprise me.

Republicans had a hand in the creation of the final passed bill. End-of-story.

The Democrats had ZERO opportunity in the creation of the last bill that just failed.

So do you even remember the point you were trying to make? Because you never made it.

Does the President have the power to make adjustments to the healthcare coverage provided to members of Congress?

I confess to not knowing the answer, but I would be fairly surprised to learn that the answer was 'Yes'.

Yes he does. Check out my post.

Trump may end health subsidy for members of Congress

Awesome!

Make them use the same health care system as the American people.

The other part of President Trump's tweet this morning that will get a lot of attention from members of Congress: he hinted he might overturn an Obama-era rule that allows members of Congress and their staffers to get subsidies for their health insurance, which they have to get through an Affordable Care Act health exchange. That's what he meant by "BAILOUTS for Members of Congress."

Full story @ Trump may end health subsidy for members of Congress

Not sure how dumb you are going to play on this... but no matter how far you go won't surprise me.

Republicans had a hand in the creation of the final passed bill. End-of-story.

The Democrats had ZERO opportunity in the creation of the last bill that just failed.

So do you even remember the point you were trying to make? Because you never made it.
They aren't the ones that voted it into law. Why are you trying to spread the blame? Seems to me the Dems would want ALL of the credit for this finely crafted well thought out law we obviously can't live without.

Sorry bout that,

1. But really members of congress get a fucking kick back to be able to pay for health coverage???
2. Oh shit, that has to stop, these corrupted bastards make way too much money to get slush funded on health care, the subsides should be available for those worthy poor folks, not these bullshit politicians!
3. Out of principle Trump must end this, they forced his hand now he should in my professional opinion he should cancel these bastards!
4. I understand you must qualify for the slush fund, opps I mean subsidy.

Kind Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back