Trump uses the DOJ as Auto Makers don't lower their mpg standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a free country, shouldn't that be the choice of the individual instead of the government?

Its a question of safety. HP and torque has helped me avoid countless accidents. Driving some gutless shit of a 'green' aluminum can death trap to save $100 a month in gas money is laughable.

It's not so much about money. Some people think they're saving the world by driving those things. When they come to the understanding that not everybody is on their crusade, they get upset and want to force people on the same bus.

It's just like what happened here. They county council people voted to get rid of plastic bags. They want everybody to buy their own bags, haul them to the store, and haul them back home when they fill them with groceries. The state is fighting their decision.

If they can't stop the county from doing that, then stores are going to have to inspect each bag to make sure nobody is shop lifting; putting merchandise in the bag and getting past the checkout. It's nothing but a problem, and won't do squat for the environment. But again, a small group of crusaders that want to force people into their way of thinking.

Brother I'm old enough to have watched the left fail in a complete circle. We used to use renewable environmentally friendly brown paper grocery bags. Then the all knowing left demanded that we save trees by switching to plastic bags and BAN paper bags. Now after making a complete mess of the environment with their damn plastic bags the all knowing left have demanded we BAN plastic bags and go back to brown paper bags. There isn't a dumber group of people on planet earth than the left.

What they want now if for us to buy burlap bags (or whatever) and haul them to the store. That's a huge problem in many ways. Plus I use those plastic grocery bags as garbage bags at work. If they stop us from getting those bags, I'm throwing all my garbage out of my truck window when I'm in this county. If I'm in another county, I'll wait till I get back here and throw it all away on the street.

I'll show them saving the environment.

Food is covered in bacteria so reusable grocery bags is a really bad idea. These dumb asses in government never think things through.
So you do not own a washer/dryer.

Look if we really wanted to improve mileage we'd adopt diesel engines as Europe has done they crush gas engines on mileage. But liberals hate diesels in the US.
Even diesel cars would be forced to lower their mpg under Trump.

This is true, but not nearly as much.
But still why lower standards? Makes no sense at all.

Let me explain this: Every time you save the world, it costs us consumers more money. You may not know about it because the costs are intrinsic, but it's costing more money.

It's just like the pollution crap we have to deal with in the transportation industry. My employer has to pass those costs to our customers. Our customers are who make the products you and I buy in the store every day. And yes, they include those costs in the products they sell to us.

So now, every little thing you buy in the store has a green cost to it. Your lawnmower, your hedge trimmer, your gloves, your can of peaches or gallons of milk. It all costs more money just with the transportation costs alone.

I really think the reason they use the word "green" is because that's what every new pollution regulation costs us.
Regardless of that, Trump wants to lower the mpg of ALL diesel or gas powered cars... And that has a green cost as well. I'd prefer to live in a greener world, or at least a world that heading in the less polluting direction. Let's face it, it's a dumb idea to go backwards like that.

I don't think there is anything dumb about not wasting money. Yes, any new CAFE standards will cost more money no matter who's they are. But the stricter the standards, the more money it's going to cost.

Years ago when my truck broke down, a mechanic would come out and fix it in most cases. Now they have to be towed back to the shop, because thanks to all the pollution crap on them, it's difficult to figure out the problem.

As one mechanic told me, trucks not only have computers in them for pollution, they have three, and they all have to sync with each other. Not too bad in the summer, but when it gets to single digit highs for the day, electronic stuff doesn't always work very well.

So you want future cars to cost you more money in gas? Is that your final answer?

In a free country, shouldn't that be the choice of the individual instead of the government?

Its a question of safety. HP and torque has helped me avoid countless accidents. Driving some gutless shit of a 'green' aluminum can death trap to save $100 a month in gas money is laughable.

It's not so much about money. Some people think they're saving the world by driving those things. When they come to the understanding that not everybody is on their crusade, they get upset and want to force people on the same bus.

It's just like what happened here. They county council people voted to get rid of plastic bags. They want everybody to buy their own bags, haul them to the store, and haul them back home when they fill them with groceries. The state is fighting their decision.

If they can't stop the county from doing that, then stores are going to have to inspect each bag to make sure nobody is shop lifting; putting merchandise in the bag and getting past the checkout. It's nothing but a problem, and won't do squat for the environment. But again, a small group of crusaders that want to force people into their way of thinking.

Brother I'm old enough to have watched the left fail in a complete circle. We used to use renewable environmentally friendly brown paper grocery bags. Then the all knowing left demanded that we save trees by switching to plastic bags and BAN paper bags. Now after making a complete mess of the environment with their damn plastic bags the all knowing left have demanded we BAN plastic bags and go back to brown paper bags. There isn't a dumber group of people on planet earth than the left.

What they want now if for us to buy burlap bags (or whatever) and haul them to the store. That's a huge problem in many ways. Plus I use those plastic grocery bags as garbage bags at work. If they stop us from getting those bags, I'm throwing all my garbage out of my truck window when I'm in this county. If I'm in another county, I'll wait till I get back here and throw it all away on the street.

I'll show them saving the environment.
Spoken like a true Trumpette

So now you think you live in a free country? :lol:

Without gov regs sometimes, business wouldn't move. And I happen to like cars that keep going farther on the same amount of energy. it's good for my wallet AND the environment. Win-win.

Look if we really wanted to improve mileage we'd adopt diesel engines as Europe has done they crush gas engines on mileage. But liberals hate diesels in the US.

Let me explain this: Every time you save the world, it costs us consumers more money. You may not know about it because the costs are intrinsic, but it's costing more money.

It's just like the pollution crap we have to deal with in the transportation industry. My employer has to pass those costs to our customers. Our customers are who make the products you and I buy in the store every day. And yes, they include those costs in the products they sell to us.

So now, every little thing you buy in the store has a green cost to it. Your lawnmower, your hedge trimmer, your gloves, your can of peaches or gallons of milk. It all costs more money just with the transportation costs alone.

I really think the reason they use the word "green" is because that's what every new pollution regulation costs us.
Wonder what lung cancer costs, Asthma treatments?

Trump lowering standards will sicken & kill thousands more Americans every year.

Even automakers aren't as stupid as Trump.

Yep plus automakers have already invested millions into fuel efficient cars, it'd be a waste of money to go back now.

Looking forward to the fully electric F-150.
My son had one of those when he was five. We bought it at Toys-R-Us.

Rivian Announces $500 Million Investment from Ford; Partnership to Deliver All-New Ford Battery Electric Vehicle | Ford Media Center

Ford intends to develop a new vehicle using Rivian’s flexible skateboard platform. This is in addition to Ford’s existing plans to develop a portfolio of battery electric vehicles. As part of its previously announced $11 billion EV investment, Ford already has confirmed two key fully electric vehicles: a Mustang-inspired crossover coming in 2020 and a zero-emissions version of the best-selling F-150 pickup.

America's #1 selling vehicle is going to get even better.

And it won't cost you a dime, will it? :auiqs.jpg:

So now you think you live in a free country? :lol:

Without gov regs sometimes, business wouldn't move. And I happen to like cars that keep going farther on the same amount of energy. it's good for my wallet AND the environment. Win-win.

You are dodging the point, Europe has adopted small clean diesel engines that get incredible mileage and last 3x longer than gas engines. The only reason we have not adopted them in the US is because of the left's irrational hatred of diesel.

Diesel used to be more popular when the fuel was much cheeper. It was like a dollar a gallon or so below the cost of gasoline.

Under Bush, he lowered the sulfur standards, and it went from a buck less a gallon to a buck more a gallon than gasoline.

The prices have stabilized more, but diesel is still more expensive than gasoline on average thanks to Bush and his pollution regulations.

Here its about 10% higher than 87 gas, but I get 30% better mileage vs a gas engine in the same truck and the engine will last 3x longer. Gas engine blocks used to be made from cast iron which could be honed/bored, brought back to like new condition and driven for another 120k miles. But to improve mpg now they are throw away aluminum block engines. The economics of saving money on gas are a joke in comparison to what we have given up. The cost of new vehicles is sky high and they are throw away. MARK MY WORDS at some point the left will demand that auto manufactures start making vehicles that will last 20 years and can be refreshed over time.

Regardless of that, Trump wants to lower the mpg of ALL diesel or gas powered cars... And that has a green cost as well. I'd prefer to live in a greener world, or at least a world that heading in the less polluting direction. Let's face it, it's a dumb idea to go backwards like that.

I don't think there is anything dumb about not wasting money. Yes, any new CAFE standards will cost more money no matter who's they are. But the stricter the standards, the more money it's going to cost.

Years ago when my truck broke down, a mechanic would come out and fix it in most cases. Now they have to be towed back to the shop, because thanks to all the pollution crap on them, it's difficult to figure out the problem.

As one mechanic told me, trucks not only have computers in them for pollution, they have three, and they all have to sync with each other. Not too bad in the summer, but when it gets to single digit highs for the day, electronic stuff doesn't always work very well.
No, you need a tow because of the computers. And our country is polluted enough as it is, it's a really dumb idea to go backwards, because that has a cost as well, more healthcare, less life expectancy, less healthy population, poisoning the children... No thanks, dumb idea.

The government should force me to buy a more expensive car so I can save money on gas?

Do you hear how stupid that sounds?

Raising CAFE standards does not eliminate the sales of a huge, jacked up 4x4 pick up with your rebel flag across the back window as you cruise the circuit trying to play Roy Moore.

No, but it increases the cost of the product greatly for all others.
my Prius was not expensive.

Neither was mine.

It sure was a lot less than any truck or suv.
Bullshit.

My Prius cost 23 thousand dollars.

Look it up.

A normal truck or SUV costs more than that.

Trump lowering standards will sicken & kill thousands more Americans every year.

Utter bull scare tactics which is so typical of the left. You have zero evidence to support your claim.

Even automakers aren't as stupid as Trump.

Yep plus automakers have already invested millions into fuel efficient cars, it'd be a waste of money to go back now.

Looking forward to the fully electric F-150.
My son had one of those when he was five. We bought it at Toys-R-Us.

Rivian Announces $500 Million Investment from Ford; Partnership to Deliver All-New Ford Battery Electric Vehicle | Ford Media Center

Ford intends to develop a new vehicle using Rivian’s flexible skateboard platform. This is in addition to Ford’s existing plans to develop a portfolio of battery electric vehicles. As part of its previously announced $11 billion EV investment, Ford already has confirmed two key fully electric vehicles: a Mustang-inspired crossover coming in 2020 and a zero-emissions version of the best-selling F-150 pickup.

America's #1 selling vehicle is going to get even better.

And it won't cost you a dime, will it? :auiqs.jpg:

An F-150? They're already over 50k for a decently spec'd one. I'm sure they will be more expensive at first. Then again, it won't cost over a 100 bucks to fill either.

President Trump fighting for Americans again, refuses to allow creepy California to dictate to the rest of the country. Good job Trump. Rot in hell Dem's.
So you want future cars to cost you more money in gas? Is that your final answer?

And you don't believe it's the govt's job to try and keep our air that you breathe as clean as possible?

They are going beyond that. It's like if government forced Henry Ford to develop fuel injection before being allowed to sell any of his Model T's.

Hussein set the standards to unrealistic levels for the auto manufacturers to meet. The only way to meet those standards in four or five years is if the bodies of the cars are aluminum foil and the engine plastic.

In other words it's government force to have everybody drive at least a partially electric car. We don't want those garbage electric cars. We want real cars, and that should be our choice.

You want to be able to choose to kill/sicken people, put others in danger, add to emissions.

I want the freedom to drive through neighborhoods & spray pesticides or shooting my guns.

No, you need a tow because of the computers. And our country is polluted enough as it is, it's a really dumb idea to go backwards, because that has a cost as well, more healthcare, less life expectancy, less healthy population, poisoning the children... No thanks, dumb idea.

And if that's the way you feel, fine. Ride a bike everywhere you go. I don't care. But don't inflict the rest of us with your costly plans because we know it's not going to do any good.

Automakers built me a giant 4x4 truck with giant a 6.7L DIESEL engine and a whopping 48 gallon fuel tank. Good job automakers!
Another trumpette who hates their own children just to be an ignorant smartass.

I love it when I pull up the gas pump & see you at the diesel pump. I get a 400 mile range for $25.00 while you fork out $80 for the same. I laugh at you assfucks every day. Look, I understand you need to make p for your tiny limp dicks but really.

I can't agree more.

I fill my tank for around 27 dollars. It's a 10 gallon tank. I usually put around 8 gallons in it when I fill it.

That's after I've driven over 400 miles on that around 8 gallons.

I have to laugh at such people who are proud of the fact that they waste fuel and money with their penis extender vehicles.

I just wish they would get out of the far left lane on the freeway and stop holding up traffic. They have they engine to move. Instead they passively aggressively sit in that lane going slow forcing everyone else in that lane to go slow.
What vehicle do you own?

I own a Prius.

I put Chevron gas in it so I get a higher mileage than those who put cheap gas in their cars. The cheap gas clogs my fuel injectors. I stopped buying cheap gas in the early 90s when the fuel injectors of my Subaru were clogged. The mechanic who fixed it recommended Chevron gas to never have that problem again. I've not had that problem since.

In the summer I get between 56 and 60 mpg. In the winter I get between 50 and 55 mpg.

I made the decision in 2001 to never buy another regular gas car again. And I haven't. This Prius is the 3rd one. I've had a Honda Civic hybrid too but wasn't impressed. I like the Prius much better.

Wow...your Prius gets about the same mileage my father in law's elderly VW Jetta managed...except his had 380,000 miles. He had to replace it a couple years ago...the replacement gets about 45MPG. It also cost about half as much as a Prius.

Actually that Jetta costs more than a Prius.

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 7.07.27 AM.png

Last edited:

Utter bull scare tactics which is so typical of the left. You have zero evidence to support your claim.
The American Lung Association does.

Another trumpette who hates their own children just to be an ignorant smartass.

I love it when I pull up the gas pump & see you at the diesel pump. I get a 400 mile range for $25.00 while you fork out $80 for the same. I laugh at you assfucks every day. Look, I understand you need to make p for your tiny limp dicks but really.

I can't agree more.

I fill my tank for around 27 dollars. It's a 10 gallon tank. I usually put around 8 gallons in it when I fill it.

That's after I've driven over 400 miles on that around 8 gallons.

I have to laugh at such people who are proud of the fact that they waste fuel and money with their penis extender vehicles.

I just wish they would get out of the far left lane on the freeway and stop holding up traffic. They have they engine to move. Instead they passively aggressively sit in that lane going slow forcing everyone else in that lane to go slow.
What vehicle do you own?

I own a Prius.

I put Chevron gas in it so I get a higher mileage than those who put cheap gas in their cars. The cheap gas clogs my fuel injectors. I stopped buying cheap gas in the early 90s when the fuel injectors of my Subaru were clogged. The mechanic who fixed it recommended Chevron gas to never have that problem again. I've not had that problem since.

In the summer I get between 56 and 60 mpg. In the winter I get between 50 and 55 mpg.

I made the decision in 2001 to never buy another regular gas car again. And I haven't. This Prius is the 3rd one. I've had a Honda Civic hybrid too but wasn't impressed. I like the Prius much better.

Wow...your Prius gets about the same mileage my father in law's elderly VW Jetta managed...except his had 380,000 miles. He had to replace it a couple years ago...the replacement gets about 45MPG. It also cost about half as much as a Prius.

Actually that Jetta costs more than a Prius.

I don't see a Jetta getting 45 mpg either. I think highway the are up around 40 on the highway, thanks to a more efficient engine.

The American Lung Association does.

That anyone thinks auto emissions do not create a health hazard in 2019 is kind of surprising. What the hell do they think is coming out of the tailpipe?

It's been studied multiple times.
Traffic-related air pollution and lung cancer: A meta-analysis

Four automakers bucked Trump policy on emissions. Now they are under antitrust investigation - CNN

Trump will send the DOJ to investigate auto makers who made agreements with California and won't lower their MPGs like the crybaby-in-chief ordered.

Will Trump EVER move beyond an 8th grade mentality?

This is going nowhere. Trump is destroying the Republican Party. When Democrats take over in 2021, there need to be criminal investigations of these corrupt organizations.

President Trump fighting for Americans again, refuses to allow creepy California to dictate to the rest of the country. Good job Trump. Rot in hell Dem's.

And you don't believe it's the govt's job to try and keep our air that you breathe as clean as possible?

They are going beyond that. It's like if government forced Henry Ford to develop fuel injection before being allowed to sell any of his Model T's.

Hussein set the standards to unrealistic levels for the auto manufacturers to meet. The only way to meet those standards in four or five years is if the bodies of the cars are aluminum foil and the engine plastic.

In other words it's government force to have everybody drive at least a partially electric car. We don't want those garbage electric cars. We want real cars, and that should be our choice.

You want to be able to choose to kill/sicken people, put others in danger, add to emissions.

I want the freedom to drive through neighborhoods & spray pesticides or shooting my guns.

You are a fool if you believe government gives a shit about your health. That's not why they're doing it.

You think driving around in a toy car is saving money or the planet. Did you ever ask yourself how the electricity is made to power your car? And when everybody starts using electricity, how much more it's going to cost because of the need to rebuild our power grid? And what about the materials needed to make those batteries? What are we going to do with those millions and millions of used batteries?

You are creating several problems to solve one. That's no solution. You didn't need government to pressure you into buying a computer. You didn't need government subsidies to get a cell phone. Why? Because those were great ideas that the consumer wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back