Trump uses the DOJ as Auto Makers don't lower their mpg standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think that's great. But it's a choice for you. You want nobody else to have that choice. You want them to drive what you want to drive.
Show me someone who wants to pay more for gas (lower mpg) and I'll show you an idiot.

The vast majority of people on both sides of the isle prefer to drive SUV's and Trucks.
Sure, I have a Jeep. But I don't want my mpg to go down on my next one, which is what Trump is proposing. Look, I agree with some of his policies, but this is just plain nuts.

If the near impossible government mandated mileage standards drive up the cost of future vehicles resulting in you spending even more money while getting the same or a bit lower mpg what have you saved? Look I'm fine with government pushing automakers on safety and fuel economy but only to a point of sanity. Typical of government and the stupid morons who run it they overreach.
As mpg goes up, we need less gas, so the cost of gas is stable or lower... This is just another of Trump's bad ideas. I'll pass on this one.

There's no magic engine or technology that supports your argument. Once you meet a minimum required weight for safety you can't just magically continue to increase mpg which is what morons like Obama don't understand. We are there already. We already have engines that harvest electrical power under braking. We have stop/start technology. We have aerodynamics and high efficiency bearings and variable cam timing and cylinder deactivation at cruising speeds and overdrive gearing. Where are you going to squeeze another mgp from put up or shut up.

Look if we really wanted to improve mileage we'd adopt diesel engines as Europe has done they crush gas engines on mileage. But liberals hate diesels in the US.
Even diesel cars would be forced to lower their mpg under Trump.

This is true, but not nearly as much.
But still why lower standards? Makes no sense at all.

Would you trade safety for mpg?
Under Trump's plan you'll have the same safety except lower mpg. No thanks.

That's a lie. I'm done with you its clear you don't want to have an adult conversation. :eusa_hand:

Let me explain this: Every time you save the world, it costs us consumers more money. You may not know about it because the costs are intrinsic, but it's costing more money.

It's just like the pollution crap we have to deal with in the transportation industry. My employer has to pass those costs to our customers. Our customers are who make the products you and I buy in the store every day. And yes, they include those costs in the products they sell to us.

So now, every little thing you buy in the store has a green cost to it. Your lawnmower, your hedge trimmer, your gloves, your can of peaches or gallons of milk. It all costs more money just with the transportation costs alone.

I really think the reason they use the word "green" is because that's what every new pollution regulation costs us.
Regardless of that, Trump wants to lower the mpg of ALL diesel or gas powered cars... And that has a green cost as well. I'd prefer to live in a greener world, or at least a world that heading in the less polluting direction. Let's face it, it's a dumb idea to go backwards like that.

I don't think there is anything dumb about not wasting money. Yes, any new CAFE standards will cost more money no matter who's they are. But the stricter the standards, the more money it's going to cost.

Years ago when my truck broke down, a mechanic would come out and fix it in most cases. Now they have to be towed back to the shop, because thanks to all the pollution crap on them, it's difficult to figure out the problem.

As one mechanic told me, trucks not only have computers in them for pollution, they have three, and they all have to sync with each other. Not too bad in the summer, but when it gets to single digit highs for the day, electronic stuff doesn't always work very well.
No, you need a tow because of the computers. And our country is polluted enough as it is, it's a really dumb idea to go backwards, because that has a cost as well, more healthcare, less life expectancy, less healthy population, poisoning the children... No thanks, dumb idea.

And if that's the way you feel, fine. Ride a bike everywhere you go. I don't care. But don't inflict the rest of us with your costly plans because we know it's not going to do any good.

I say double the standards on your ignorant ass.

This is true, but not nearly as much.

Let me explain this: Every time you save the world, it costs us consumers more money. You may not know about it because the costs are intrinsic, but it's costing more money.

It's just like the pollution crap we have to deal with in the transportation industry. My employer has to pass those costs to our customers. Our customers are who make the products you and I buy in the store every day. And yes, they include those costs in the products they sell to us.

So now, every little thing you buy in the store has a green cost to it. Your lawnmower, your hedge trimmer, your gloves, your can of peaches or gallons of milk. It all costs more money just with the transportation costs alone.

I really think the reason they use the word "green" is because that's what every new pollution regulation costs us.
Wonder what lung cancer costs, Asthma treatments?

Trump lowering standards will sicken & kill thousands more Americans every year.

Utter bull scare tactics which is so typical of the left. You have zero evidence to support your claim.
The American Lung Association does.

Oh please, they feel the same way if you have a fire in your backyard. You want to live in some sort of bubble where nothing can get to you.

Four automakers bucked Trump policy on emissions. Now they are under antitrust investigation - CNN

Trump will send the DOJ to investigate auto makers who made agreements with California and won't lower their MPGs like the crybaby-in-chief ordered.

Will Trump EVER move beyond an 8th grade mentality?

Trump is an Authoritarian, funny how so many Libertarian's seem to support this man-child. He's clearly a manifestation of a 21st fascist, and no amount of denial will ever rebut this fact.

So now you think you live in a free country? :lol:

Without gov regs sometimes, business wouldn't move. And I happen to like cars that keep going farther on the same amount of energy. it's good for my wallet AND the environment. Win-win.

Look if we really wanted to improve mileage we'd adopt diesel engines as Europe has done they crush gas engines on mileage. But liberals hate diesels in the US.

You are dodging the point, Europe has adopted small clean diesel engines that get incredible mileage and last 3x longer than gas engines. The only reason we have not adopted them in the US is because of the left's irrational hatred of diesel.

Diesel used to be more popular when the fuel was much cheeper. It was like a dollar a gallon or so below the cost of gasoline.

Under Bush, he lowered the sulfur standards, and it went from a buck less a gallon to a buck more a gallon than gasoline.

The prices have stabilized more, but diesel is still more expensive than gasoline on average thanks to Bush and his pollution regulations.

Here its about 10% higher than 87 gas, but I get 30% better mileage vs a gas engine in the same truck and the engine will last 3x longer. Gas engine blocks used to be made from cast iron which could be honed/bored, brought back to like new condition and driven for another 120k miles. But to improve mpg now they are throw away aluminum block engines. The economics of saving money on gas are a joke in comparison to what we have given up. The cost of new vehicles is sky high and they are throw away. MARK MY WORDS at some point the left will demand that auto manufactures start making vehicles that will last 20 years and can be refreshed over time.

There is nothing wrong with more efficient vehicles. There is something wrong with trying to force those standards on something that isn't there yet.

Like I said, it's like the government stopping Henry Ford from selling the Model T without fuel injection. It's completely stupid.

Yes, improvement will come, but they have to come on their own time for them to hit the targets of efficiency, economics and practicality. When government insists on it, it creates more problems than it solves.

If I'm running low on fuel, I want to be able to stop at the many gas stations, fill up, and be out of there in less than five minutes. I don't want to have to sit at a charging station for two hours waiting for my car to charge.

You are dodging the point, Europe has adopted small clean diesel engines that get incredible mileage and last 3x longer than gas engines. The only reason we have not adopted them in the US is because of the left's irrational hatred of diesel.

Diesel used to be more popular when the fuel was much cheeper. It was like a dollar a gallon or so below the cost of gasoline.

Under Bush, he lowered the sulfur standards, and it went from a buck less a gallon to a buck more a gallon than gasoline.

The prices have stabilized more, but diesel is still more expensive than gasoline on average thanks to Bush and his pollution regulations.

Here its about 10% higher than 87 gas, but I get 30% better mileage vs a gas engine in the same truck and the engine will last 3x longer. Gas engine blocks used to be made from cast iron which could be honed/bored, brought back to like new condition and driven for another 120k miles. But to improve mpg now they are throw away aluminum block engines. The economics of saving money on gas are a joke in comparison to what we have given up. The cost of new vehicles is sky high and they are throw away. MARK MY WORDS at some point the left will demand that auto manufactures start making vehicles that will last 20 years and can be refreshed over time.

There is nothing wrong with more efficient vehicles. There is something wrong with trying to force those standards on something that isn't there yet.

Like I said, it's like the government stopping Henry Ford from selling the Model T without fuel injection. It's completely stupid.

Yes, improvement will come, but they have to come on their own time for them to hit the targets of efficiency, economics and practicality. When government insists on it, it creates more problems than it solves.

If I'm running low on fuel, I want to be able to stop at the many gas stations, fill up, and be out of there in less than five minutes. I don't want to have to sit at a charging station for two hours waiting for my car to charge.

Take the bus. BTW, more and more car makers are adding all electric vehicles to their fleet. I imagine you in 1890 standing by a road when a horseless carriage went by yelling, "get a horse".

Take the bus. BTW, more and more car makers are adding all electric vehicles to their fleet. I imagine you in 1890 standing by a road when a horseless carriage went by yelling, "get a horse".

10HYRPL01-Air-p+HY11RTC_BUS_SMOKE.j.jpg

10HYRPL01-Air-p+HY11RTC_BUS_SMOKE.j.jpg

Blown head gasket. BTW, it's a perfect metaphor for most of Donald Trump's tweets.

https://www.google.com/search?
rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS823US823&q=Photo+of+clean+air+bus&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCx96SusHkAhXIpZ4KHavFDc0Q7Al6BAgIECQ&biw=1002&bih=615

Note the one bus on fire three times is the same bus posted by Independent Source. It might be the brakes overheated and the tire was inflamed - that explains black smoke.

President Trump fighting for Americans again, refuses to allow creepy California to dictate to the rest of the country. Good job Trump. Rot in hell Dem's.

There is a special place in hell reserved for Trump supporters.

^^^ this one has TDS avoid getting within 10 meters of this nut job.

You have TDS. It strikes Trump supporters who have to say stupid things to defend him.

Seek professional help libwit. :cuckoo:

There was a 60% chance that horseless carriage was electric you misinformation, propaganda fool.

There was a 60% chance that horseless carriage was electric you misinformation, propaganda fool.

I just love how liberals are either lying, ignorant or just spouting crap on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back