Trump uses the DOJ as Auto Makers don't lower their mpg standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Trump fighting for Americans again, refuses to allow creepy California to dictate to the rest of the country. Good job Trump. Rot in hell Dem's.
So you want future cars to cost you more money in gas? Is that your final answer?

In a free country, shouldn't that be the choice of the individual instead of the government?
So now you think you live in a free country? :lol:

Without gov regs sometimes, business wouldn't move. And I happen to like cars that keep going farther on the same amount of energy. it's good for my wallet AND the environment. Win-win.

Look if we really wanted to improve mileage we'd adopt diesel engines as Europe has done they crush gas engines on mileage. But liberals hate diesels in the US.
Even diesel cars would be forced to lower their mpg under Trump.

This is true, but not nearly as much.

So you want future cars to cost you more money in gas? Is that your final answer?

In a free country, shouldn't that be the choice of the individual instead of the government?

Without gov regs sometimes, business wouldn't move. And I happen to like cars that keep going farther on the same amount of energy. it's good for my wallet AND the environment. Win-win.

And I think that's great. But it's a choice for you. You want nobody else to have that choice. You want them to drive what you want to drive.
Show me someone who wants to pay more for gas (lower mpg) and I'll show you an idiot.

The vast majority of people on both sides of the isle prefer to drive SUV's and Trucks.
Sure, I have a Jeep. But I don't want my mpg to go down on my next one, which is what Trump is proposing. Look, I agree with some of his policies, but this is just plain nuts.

Look if we really wanted to improve mileage we'd adopt diesel engines as Europe has done they crush gas engines on mileage. But liberals hate diesels in the US.

But still why lower standards? Makes no sense at all.

President Trump fighting for Americans again, refuses to allow creepy California to dictate to the rest of the country. Good job Trump. Rot in hell Dem's.

Its a question of safety. HP and torque has helped me avoid countless accidents. Driving some gutless shit of a 'green' aluminum can death trap to save $100 a month in gas money is laughable.

It's not so much about money. Some people think they're saving the world by driving those things. When they come to the understanding that not everybody is on their crusade, they get upset and want to force people on the same bus.

It's just like what happened here. They county council people voted to get rid of plastic bags. They want everybody to buy their own bags, haul them to the store, and haul them back home when they fill them with groceries. The state is fighting their decision.

If they can't stop the county from doing that, then stores are going to have to inspect each bag to make sure nobody is shop lifting; putting merchandise in the bag and getting past the checkout. It's nothing but a problem, and won't do squat for the environment. But again, a small group of crusaders that want to force people into their way of thinking.

Brother I'm old enough to have watched the left fail in a complete circle. We used to use renewable environmentally friendly brown paper grocery bags. Then the all knowing left demanded that we save trees by switching to plastic bags and BAN paper bags. Now after making a complete mess of the environment with their damn plastic bags the all knowing left have demanded we BAN plastic bags and go back to brown paper bags. There isn't a dumber group of people on planet earth than the left.

What they want now if for us to buy burlap bags (or whatever) and haul them to the store. That's a huge problem in many ways. Plus I use those plastic grocery bags as garbage bags at work. If they stop us from getting those bags, I'm throwing all my garbage out of my truck window when I'm in this county. If I'm in another county, I'll wait till I get back here and throw it all away on the street.

I'll show them saving the environment.

Its a question of safety. HP and torque has helped me avoid countless accidents. Driving some gutless shit of a 'green' aluminum can death trap to save $100 a month in gas money is laughable.
It's not about you having to buy a smaller... car. It's about the same models having lower mpg than before under Trump\s plan. Gawd, yoor stoopid.

LOL your theory is devoid of logic and science. You can't get something for nothing, are you willing to give up safety and weight for mpg? You will purchase 4-5 of these shit boxes over the next 20 years I'll buy 2-3 now how much did you 'save' on gas?

You are dodging the point, Europe has adopted small clean diesel engines that get incredible mileage and last 3x longer than gas engines. The only reason we have not adopted them in the US is because of the left's irrational hatred of diesel.

A small house in California cost $800,000 and you want to talk about saving $100 a month on gas?? Wow, just wow.

Nobody is saving anything. If they were, these toy cars wouldn't have to be subsidized or forced on people. The market would take care of that itself.

What they don't understand about commodities is that the less you use, the more of it there is, and prices drop when that happens. That's why in slow economic times, the price of gasoline drops; less people using gas to go to work.

And my 8,700 lb heavy duty diesel truck gets 20mpg and the engine/vehicle will easily last 400k miles. Try to get that long term economics from some shit box small car, not happening.

Speaking of milage, DumBama also created CAFE standards for trucks as well. Trump rescinded that regulation months ago. But when at the repair shop, I asked the head mechanic what that would do for the price of trucks in the future?

He stated what DumBama wanted was an impossible standard to meet, and it would likely cost an extra 50 thousand dollars per truck. Trucks today cost an extra 20 grand more for all the worthless pollution stuff on it already.

My tractor and trailer get (on average) 6.5 miles to a gallon. How much better can you get than that? At times I'm hauling over 40,000 lbs of freight.

AND all the pollution crap is exempt from extended warranties because it cost thousands of dollars to repair/replace. It also lowered mileage on diesels significantly. Diesel trucks were getting 26-27mpg now they get 19-20.

Let me explain this: Every time you save the world, it costs us consumers more money. You may not know about it because the costs are intrinsic, but it's costing more money.

It's just like the pollution crap we have to deal with in the transportation industry. My employer has to pass those costs to our customers. Our customers are who make the products you and I buy in the store every day. And yes, they include those costs in the products they sell to us.

So now, every little thing you buy in the store has a green cost to it. Your lawnmower, your hedge trimmer, your gloves, your can of peaches or gallons of milk. It all costs more money just with the transportation costs alone.

I really think the reason they use the word "green" is because that's what every new pollution regulation costs us.

It's not about you having to buy a smaller... car. It's about the same models having lower mpg than before under Trump\s plan. Gawd, yoor stoopid.

LOL your theory is devoid of logic and science. You can't get something for nothing, are you willing to give up safety and weight for mpg? You will purchase 4-5 of these shit boxes over the next 20 years I'll buy 2-3 now how much did you 'save' on gas?
Trump is wanting to lower the mpg of ALL cars. Get an adult to explain it to you.

You are dodging the point, Europe has adopted small clean diesel engines that get incredible mileage and last 3x longer than gas engines. The only reason we have not adopted them in the US is because of the left's irrational hatred of diesel.
Trump wants to lower the mpg of those cars and trucks as well. Sheesh, you're thick.

And I think that's great. But it's a choice for you. You want nobody else to have that choice. You want them to drive what you want to drive.
Show me someone who wants to pay more for gas (lower mpg) and I'll show you an idiot.

The vast majority of people on both sides of the isle prefer to drive SUV's and Trucks.
Sure, I have a Jeep. But I don't want my mpg to go down on my next one, which is what Trump is proposing. Look, I agree with some of his policies, but this is just plain nuts.

If the near impossible government mandated mileage standards drive up the cost of future vehicles resulting in you spending even more money while getting the same or a bit lower mpg what have you saved? Look I'm fine with government pushing automakers on safety and fuel economy but only to a point of sanity. Typical of government and the stupid morons who run it they overreach.

Even automakers aren't as stupid as Trump.

Yep plus automakers have already invested millions into fuel efficient cars, it'd be a waste of money to go back now.

Looking forward to the fully electric F-150.
My son had one of those when he was five. We bought it at Toys-R-Us.

Rivian Announces $500 Million Investment from Ford; Partnership to Deliver All-New Ford Battery Electric Vehicle | Ford Media Center

Ford intends to develop a new vehicle using Rivian’s flexible skateboard platform. This is in addition to Ford’s existing plans to develop a portfolio of battery electric vehicles. As part of its previously announced $11 billion EV investment, Ford already has confirmed two key fully electric vehicles: a Mustang-inspired crossover coming in 2020 and a zero-emissions version of the best-selling F-150 pickup.

America's #1 selling vehicle is going to get even better.

Would you trade safety for mpg?

Diesel used to be more popular when the fuel was much cheeper. It was like a dollar a gallon or so below the cost of gasoline.

Under Bush, he lowered the sulfur standards, and it went from a buck less a gallon to a buck more a gallon than gasoline.

The prices have stabilized more, but diesel is still more expensive than gasoline on average thanks to Bush and his pollution regulations.

Let me explain this: Every time you save the world, it costs us consumers more money. You may not know about it because the costs are intrinsic, but it's costing more money.

It's just like the pollution crap we have to deal with in the transportation industry. My employer has to pass those costs to our customers. Our customers are who make the products you and I buy in the store every day. And yes, they include those costs in the products they sell to us.

So now, every little thing you buy in the store has a green cost to it. Your lawnmower, your hedge trimmer, your gloves, your can of peaches or gallons of milk. It all costs more money just with the transportation costs alone.

I really think the reason they use the word "green" is because that's what every new pollution regulation costs us.
Regardless of that, Trump wants to lower the mpg of ALL diesel or gas powered cars... And that has a green cost as well. I'd prefer to live in a greener world, or at least a world that heading in the less polluting direction. Let's face it, it's a dumb idea to go backwards like that.

It's not so much about money. Some people think they're saving the world by driving those things. When they come to the understanding that not everybody is on their crusade, they get upset and want to force people on the same bus.

It's just like what happened here. They county council people voted to get rid of plastic bags. They want everybody to buy their own bags, haul them to the store, and haul them back home when they fill them with groceries. The state is fighting their decision.

If they can't stop the county from doing that, then stores are going to have to inspect each bag to make sure nobody is shop lifting; putting merchandise in the bag and getting past the checkout. It's nothing but a problem, and won't do squat for the environment. But again, a small group of crusaders that want to force people into their way of thinking.

Brother I'm old enough to have watched the left fail in a complete circle. We used to use renewable environmentally friendly brown paper grocery bags. Then the all knowing left demanded that we save trees by switching to plastic bags and BAN paper bags. Now after making a complete mess of the environment with their damn plastic bags the all knowing left have demanded we BAN plastic bags and go back to brown paper bags. There isn't a dumber group of people on planet earth than the left.

What they want now if for us to buy burlap bags (or whatever) and haul them to the store. That's a huge problem in many ways. Plus I use those plastic grocery bags as garbage bags at work. If they stop us from getting those bags, I'm throwing all my garbage out of my truck window when I'm in this county. If I'm in another county, I'll wait till I get back here and throw it all away on the street.

I'll show them saving the environment.

Food is covered in bacteria so reusable grocery bags is a really bad idea. These dumb asses in government never think things through.

If the near impossible government mandated mileage standards drive up the cost of future vehicles resulting in you spending even more money while getting the same or a bit lower mpg what have you saved? Look I'm fine with government pushing automakers on safety and fuel economy but only to a point of sanity. Typical of government and the stupid morons who run it they overreach.
As mpg goes up, we need less gas, so the cost of gas is stable or lower... This is just another of Trump's bad ideas. I'll pass on this one.

Trump uses the DOJ as Auto Makers don't lower their mpg standards

Repeating for Truth's sake:

Thats because California and colluding to break the law with the auto makers in order to set their own mileage standards other than federal standards, and will then in turn block other autos from being sold in the state. As usual Democrats are lawless corrupt pieces of shit who don't give a fuck about the law

Talk about crony capitalism, this is the ultimate corrupt abomination of state & big auto collusion, and look who is doing it: Democrats!

Funny watching all the "OMG OMG State's right" assfucks becoming Trumpettes who now want the feds to control everything.

Would you trade safety for mpg?
Under Trump's plan you'll have the same safety except lower mpg. No thanks.

Trump is wanting to lower the mpg of ALL cars. Get an adult to explain it to you.

You are trolling again. If the market demands fuel efficiency then that's what automakers will give them regardless of Trump lowering government mandated mpg. Newsflash we don't need government to run our business or our lives. :eusa_hand:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back