Trump wants Kaepernick & West for White House race summit

Nice. Thanks, Mr. President, this is LONG OVERDUE. Two well-known figures TALKING with high national visibility.

We need to start somewhere: President Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback He Vilified, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

I hope this happens, and I hope it starts REAL dialogue and communication and LISTENING.

Maybe they'll find a few points ON WHICH THEY CAN AGREE.

I was hoping for something like this from the prior administration.

I would expect ANY other American politician to blow this. BADLY.

I am open to Trump making it productive.

If he pulls it off, you willing to give him credit?
The very last two things the Regressive Left wants to see are (1) race relations healed and (2) Trump getting ANY measure of credit for it. Holy shit.

This issue is at their very foundation. They'll fight this one with everything they have.
Mac has spoken. Remember guys he is a true independent so he is an expert on how bad the left is.
Please try to calm down. This is a hopeful story, yet you just can't be positive.

Why is that?

Just kidding. I know why.

Well, that's interesting. Kudos for Trump if he can make it happen.
Yup. I've been saying all along - and I could end up being wrong as hell - that any real progress might have to begin from within popular culture, not politics, not policy. That's not really a good thing, but that's the way this country is geared right now.

This could be a perfect start. I'll take anything that involves actual effort at this point. Then, hopefully, the momentum builds.

Just what we need , a guy who said , “ Slavery was a choice!” I heard yesterday they are saying Kanya is going off the rails again. He is trying to sell his latest Album.

People have been saying for a while now, that we need a "conversation on race" in this country.

A conversation is a two way street.

That means listening to what the other side has to say.

We've had plenty of lecturing, and more of that, is not going to do SHIT.

Nice. Thanks, Mr. President, this is LONG OVERDUE. Two well-known figures TALKING with high national visibility.

We need to start somewhere: President Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback He Vilified, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

I hope this happens, and I hope it starts REAL dialogue and communication and LISTENING.

The very last two things the Regressive Left wants to see are (1) race relations healed and (2) Trump getting ANY measure of credit for it. Holy shit.

This issue is at their very foundation. They'll fight this one with everything they have.
Mac has spoken. Remember guys he is a true independent so he is an expert on how bad the left is.

I am a conservative.

I can validate that he is a certainly NOT one of us, and is a left leaner. If anything, i doubt his claims to being Independent.

He totally voted for Hillary. It was never in doubt.

I am a conservative.

I can validate that he is a certainly NOT one of us, and is a left leaner. If anything, i doubt his claims to being Independent.

Um thanks?

:laugh:

Yes, I voted for Hillary, and yes, both ends think I'm a winger on the other end.

Which, to me, is just delicious.

seems like it's just a directed reality show stunt.... :(
Maybe we can hope for the best, huh? Regardless of who gets any credit?
you actually think somethings gonna happen from it?

Candycorn is spot on with her post, imo.

Trump purposely gets Kaepernick blackballed from getting a job on the field and now wants to hear what he has to say?

I don't buy it.....

Actually a sound persuasion technique. Put the person on the outs, and then give him a chance to get back in, by working with you, maybe even working to get your respect.

Kaepernick, on some level knows, he will be vastly empowered if he goes to this.

Trump is the person that can heal all the damage that Kaepernick has done to his career, and then some.

I've said it before. Trump is operating on a level that you libs can't even SEE.

What level is that? Enquiring minds would like to know.

3001 lies is not very convincing to me.

Please try to calm down. This is a hopeful story, yet you just can't be positive.

Why is that?

The beer summit was a hopeful story and your reply to it was:

"Ah, the "beer summit". Eight years, and we got the "beer summit".

We've never had a President more prepared and qualified to tackle our race issues head-on than Obama. Not even close. Yet in eight years, he did little more than vote "present".

Why so negative about the beer summit? We know why.

Can we agree that monuments to confederate generals and schools named after the same are an adront to people of color and not necessary for a full examination of this nations history?

“Trump wants Kaepernick & West for White House race summit”

This belongs in the Political Satire forum – it’s too stupid to be true.

Why is that?

We've never had a President more prepared and qualified to tackle our race issues head-on than Obama. Not even close. Yet in eight years, he did little more than vote "present".

Of course, I'm honest. Not intellectually paralyzed by a partisan ideology.

You wouldn't understand, obviously.

I am a conservative.

Um thanks?

:laugh:

Yes, I voted for Hillary, and yes, both ends think I'm a winger on the other end.

Which, to me, is just delicious.

Wrong. I do not think you are a right winger. You want me to think that. But I most definitely do not.

It sure would have been nice for this to be a positive topic, with everyone hoping for the best.

Celebrating and advocating for communication and progress, regardless of who gets the credit.

It never had a chance.

Can we agree that it is OK for a word to be offensive in one instance but not offensive in another? A word like ******, for example.

seems like it's just a directed reality show stunt.... :(
Maybe we can hope for the best, huh? Regardless of who gets any credit?
you actually think somethings gonna happen from it?

Candycorn is spot on with her post, imo.

Trump purposely gets Kaepernick blackballed from getting a job on the field and now wants to hear what he has to say?

I don't buy it.....

Actually a sound persuasion technique. Put the person on the outs, and then give him a chance to get back in, by working with you, maybe even working to get your respect.

Kaepernick, on some level knows, he will be vastly empowered if he goes to this.

Trump is the person that can heal all the damage that Kaepernick has done to his career, and then some.

I've said it before. Trump is operating on a level that you libs can't even SEE.

What level is that? Enquiring minds would like to know.

3001 lies is not very convincing to me.

I explained this instance, which we are discussing and which you are seeing unfolding right before your eyes.

Yet you can't see it.

This is an absolutely brilliant move on his part. If it works, it could bring tremendous healing to this country.

Kaepernick has tremendous street cred with a lot of people, including blacks.

West, ditto.

TRUMP won the majority of the white vote, and from the side of whites that have been getting targeted by the race baiters for generations.

This summit would get massive attention from the nation, and the vast majority of the nation will have someone in it, whom they find credible.

It sure would have been nice for this to be a positive topic, with everyone hoping for the best.

Celebrating and advocating for communication and progress, regardless of who gets the credit.

It never had a chance.

You posted this thread because you believe that people who dislike Trump don’t want race relations to improve while he is president. You absolutely wanted people to confirm that belief for you. You did not hope for positive comments. You practically begged for negative ones.

You “laughed” at every positive one.

You are transparent.

Guys Mac is super serious about improving race relations and wants us to give Trump a chance since Obama never did anything in eight years. Don't bring up the beer summit though because it doesn't meet Mac's criteria and we all know Mac is the most impartial poster.

It never had a chance.

The naysayers are the ones fighting uphill on this one.

You get a picture of Trump and Kaepernick shaking hands, and smiling, and that smashes the false and vile narrative the vile left has been pushing for years.

Trump pulls this off, and they lose, a BIG ONE.

Why is that?

Of course, I'm honest. Not intellectually paralyzed by a partisan ideology.

You wouldn't understand, obviously.
Sure your not partisan at all:

Guys Mac is super serious about improving race relations and wants us to give Trump a chance since Obama never did anything in eight years. Don't bring up the beer summit though because it doesn't meet Mac's criteria and we all know Mac is the most impartial poster.

The beer summit was too one sided.

The cop was an unknown. He had no platform of his own. It was not a "conversation" but a lecture.

Obama called the cop there to lecture him, not to listen.

Everyone watching knew that. It changed nothing.

It's sole purpose was to change the subject from Obama's race baiting idiocy in the cop arresting the professor story.

It never had a chance.

The naysayers are the ones fighting uphill on this one.

You get a picture of Trump and Kaepernick shaking hands, and smiling, and that smashes the false and vile narrative the vile left has been pushing for years.

Trump pulls this off, and they lose, a BIG ONE.
Sure, the Regressives cannot have this, on an level.

The danger here is that Trump goes showbiz with it. I bet Kap & Kanye would take it seriously.

If Trump could lay back enough and let the guys talk, some good could come from it.

And more importantly, some momentum.

Forum List

Back