Trump we will guard our border with our military

The Posse Comitatus Act would be a difficult hurdle to overcome.

Applies to using American Forces to police US citizens. Doesn't apply to stopping a foreign invasion ...

scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

Again, we are a nation of laws, not emotions.

Border security is law enforcement.

Yeah, we sent the local police to repel the British in the War of 1812!

We sent the local police to repel the Mexicans in the Mexican-American War.

The Hawaiian police departments did a bang-up job against the Japanese attack on Pearl harbor.

Dumbass!

As much as you'd like to conflate the two, a caravan of a thousand refugees is not a "war".

Looks like it may happen.

BREAKING: Trump Says Military Will Be Used To Protect Border

I like it. Whatever it takes.

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

Not if he used NG's on the border, backed up by regular troops.
That didn't work well last time they tried it....killed an American citizen out watching his family's sheep.

Link?

Applies to using American Forces to police US citizens. Doesn't apply to stopping a foreign invasion ...

scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

The Hawaiian police departments did a bang-up job against the Japanese attack on Pearl harbor.

Dumbass!

As much as you'd like to conflate the two, a caravan of a thousand refugees is not a "war".
In the last decade in Mexico over 177 k have died in a drug War....................That is a War..............A War Mexico is LOSING.

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

That didn't work well last time they tried it....killed an American citizen out watching his family's sheep.

Link?

I think she might be talking about this:

After Marine on Patrol Kills a Teen-Ager, a Texas Border Village Wonders Why

scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

Dumbass!

In the last decade in Mexico over 177 k have died in a drug War....................That is a War..............A War Mexico is LOSING.

"Wars" on drugs, or terrorism, or whatever aren't "wars".

Don't confuse rhetoric with reality.

I have as well, and been told by people from both sides that it is not legal

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
what's not legal??

Depending on what part of the military is used, those people might be talking about Posse Comitatus. :dunno:
Posse Comitatus Act
The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using its military personnel to act as domestic law enforcement personnel.
Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is defending our borders from an invading horde of illegals be domestic law enforcement? Only way to stop an invasion is to repel them with force. After a few 1000 bodies left just south of the border, the illegals and liberals would get the message that We the People don't want criminals here anymore.

First of all, "invading horde" is a silly characterization. Secondly, I am pretty sure ICE is a law enforcement agency. Third, if this is an invasion, who is it an invasion by? Fourth, why would the only bodies be south of the border? Do you think no illegals enter the country through the Canadian border? Fifth, I'd say there is no realistic chance that the federal government will authorize using lethal force on someone simply because they enter the country illegally (ignoring whether such an order would be deemed legal/Constitutional). Finally, I did not say that Posse Comitatus was necessarily the argument being made, merely that is might be.

On the use of lethal force, here's the dilemma, If you shoot at them BEFORE they cross the border, you are shooting Mexican citizens on Mexican soil, which can be deemed an act of war. If you wait until they cross the border, they are entitled to the full protection of the Constitution and American Law, therefore it becomes a LE mission and you can't shoot them.

Newsflash! They are Hondurans, not Mexicans!

Poor little Timmy... doesn't know that only legal Americans have constitutional rights, and illegal aliens have none.

How do you know who’s legal or not ? Bar codes on are necks ?

Soldier comes up to you and says “show me your papers “. You tell them to fuck off . Then what ?

You're such a fucken tard.

Answer the question! Oh wait , you rubes don’t think past any of Trumps dumb ass tweets .

Shut up timmy. You know nothing about our southern border.

I’ve been there. And Canada too. How about you?

Ya limp wrist shit head!
I've lived most of my life in South Texas.
On top of that I've been to Switzerland,Greece,Hollande,Canada,Mexico,Jamaica and a host of other countries.
Oh....and I have family members who work in the healthcare industry in canada that say it totally sucks.

scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

Dumbass!

177, 000 Deaths aren't a reality...............LOL

scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

Dumbass!

353 Japs hit pearl harbor, 17 muslims hit the world trade center. What exactly is the number of attackers you would consider a war?

Link?

Yeah, over 20 years ago! Who was President? Oh, that would be Bubba Clinton!

How do you know who’s legal or not ? Bar codes on are necks ?

Soldier comes up to you and says “show me your papers “. You tell them to fuck off . Then what ?

You're such a fucken tard.

Answer the question! Oh wait , you rubes don’t think past any of Trumps dumb ass tweets .

Shut up timmy. You know nothing about our southern border.

I’ve been there. And Canada too. How about you?

Ya limp wrist shit head!
I've lived most of my life in South Texas.
On top of that I've been to Switzerland,Greece,Hollande,Canada,Mexico,Jamaica and a host of other countries.
Oh....and I have family members who work in the healthcare industry in canada that say it totally sucks.

Then you should realize the folly of a stupid giant wall.

scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

Dumbass!

353 Japs hit pearl harbor, 17 muslims hit the world trade center. What exactly is the number of attackers you would consider a war?

"War" is not defined by the number of "attackers", but if it was, there are 0 "attackers" in that caravan.

Link?

Same guy who didn't support our forces in Somalia................Great Movie.............got out during that one's term.

Link?

...so?

scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

Dumbass!

Would you please contact a lawyer and sue your school district for educational malpractice?

No one deserves to go through life being as big a dumbass as you are!

scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

Dumbass!

"War" is not defined by the number of "attackers", but if it was, there are 0 "attackers" in that caravan.
They are illegal in Mexico and illegal here except for the liberal laws passed for asylum.....................

Trump: We Will Guard Our Border With Our Military
View attachment 186107
President Donald Trump said Tuesday that the US military will be used to guard the US-Mexico border.

“We are going to be guarding our border with our military. That’s a big step,” Trump told reporters gathered at the White House. “We cannot have people flowing into our country illegally, disappearing, and by the way never showing

Thank God he won't let the UN PLAN go through!! YES!
This is a fantastic idea. I’m curious to see if anyone objects.

Dumbass!

Would you please contact a lawyer and sue your school district for educational malpractice?

No one deserves to go through life being as big a dumbass as you are!

:lol:

I'm sure that in your head, that sounded like a great comeback.

Forum List

Back