🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump won over Hillary primarily because Americans are incredibly stupid

The notion that you progs are the smart ones and the rest of us are abject morons is precisely why you lost. People have tired of your condescending bullshit about everyone outside of NY, DC or LA being hayseeds.
Are you saying that republicans vote out of spite?
I'm not really a Republican, I vote that way but I voted for Trump specifically because I saw what Trump was doing to the left. Of course I liked many of his policies but others had good ideas too. No one else was making liberals poop their baby diapers though.
So it is spite.

The notion that you progs are the smart ones and the rest of us are abject morons is precisely why you lost. People have tired of your condescending bullshit about everyone outside of NY, DC or LA being hayseeds.
I'm not really a Republican, I vote that way but I voted for Trump specifically because I saw what Trump was doing to the left. Of course I liked many of his policies but others had good ideas too. No one else was making liberals poop their baby diapers though.
So it is spite.
Spite, Schmite. Call whatever you like. Now go change your diapers.

No. I'm saying that calling the American people "Deplorables", "unwashed masses", etc. doesn't exactly endear you to voters. Just look at this thread title.... that was the prog message this election.

The Republicans had 17 candidates to choose from.

Democrats had four and they had to lie and cheat to push the one next in line across the finish line to be their chosen one. Why would they NOT think that the same tactics would work in the general election?

The obvious point though is that me calling Americans stupid will not somehow magically influence the next election. Christ.

Actually, that's exactly what happens. You call Americans stupid... then a few of your friends pick up on that and they call Americans stupid... then someone in the media picks up on that and they talk about you all calling Americans stupid... then a politician who's running for office sees a demographic who think Americans are stupid, so he says it to appeal to you. Then you cheer when he says it because you said it too. Pretty soon, you've all worked yourself into an autistic screech that Americans are stupid if they're not part of your clan. Then you get your clocks cleaned. You don't understand it so you call Americans stupid.

No. I'm saying that calling the American people "Deplorables", "unwashed masses", etc. doesn't exactly endear you to voters. Just look at this thread title.... that was the prog message this election.
Not that I'm defending Hillary (I didn't even like her) but I believe she was addressing her 'deplorables' statement against the misogynistic and xenophobic members of the Trump alliance.

I say this with some caveats:

1) For the most part I did not like Hillary. She had a few strong qualities, but she was a terrible candidate. She was terrible at campaigning. It was incredibly embarrassing she lost to a degenerate like Donald Trump. A couple of her scandals had some degree to truth to them even if for the most part Faux News and republicans wildly exaggerated them.

2) It didn't help that the Russian puppets at Wikileaks targeted one political party to influence the election.

3) if Hillary had lost against a reasonable moderate like Romney or Huntsman, I could forgive the American people for making the still stupid mistake of electing a republican.

4) Lastly, I agree the DNC is corrupt and completely untrustworthy. They also majorly failed in explaining why the democrat party is better for average joe than the souless GOP who only cares about the profits of the richest among us. Can you imagine the troves of corruption we would find in the RNC emails? We didn't because Putin/Wikileaks knew helping a peon like Trump win was in the best interests of Russia.

However, despite all of that, Trump still should have easily lost. I think it is nothing short of a nightmare that ANY other republican in the 2016 race is not president instead. I wouldn't be happy in the least if Ted Cruz was currently president. I can't stand that creepy piece of shit, but at least I know he has some level of professionalism and intelligence when it would come to being president. At least Cruz would have understood the basics in designing public policy.

Hell, I would GLADLY take GW Bush over Trump and that says A LOT.

Trump on the other hand is no smarter or more emotionally mature than the degenerate sitting at the corner of the bar at 2AM spouting off conspiracy theories he saw on InfoWars. Trump is an unprecedented disaster in American politics.

All of his corrupt bullshit should have been more than enough for the large majority of American voters to say "fine, I'll vote for Hillary. It sucks, but obviously anyone is better than Trump."
/---- Stupid eh? Well that explains Americans electing Obozo.

Ironically Trump won with...47% of the popular vote

89315275-65ca-4be8-b8d3-7598642e33f8_zpsclnyfydq.jpg

1) For the most part I did not like Hillary. She had a few strong qualities, but she was a terrible candidate. She was terrible at campaigning. It was incredibly embarrassing she lost to a degenerate like Donald Trump. A couple of her scandals had some degree to truth to them even if for the most part Faux News and republicans wildly exaggerated them.

2) It didn't help that the Russian puppets at Wikileaks targeted one political party to influence the election.

3) if Hillary had lost against a reasonable moderate like Romney or Huntsman, I could forgive the American people for making the still stupid mistake of electing a republican.

4) Lastly, I agree the DNC is corrupt and completely untrustworthy. They also majorly failed in explaining why the democrat party is better for average joe than the souless GOP who only cares about the profits of the richest among us. Can you imagine the troves of corruption we would find in the RNC emails? We didn't because Putin/Wikileaks knew helping a peon like Trump win was in the best interests of Russia.

However, despite all of that, Trump still should have easily lost. I think it is nothing short of a nightmare that ANY other republican in the 2016 race is not president instead. I wouldn't be happy in the least if Ted Cruz was currently president. I can't stand that creepy piece of shit, but at least I know he has some level of professionalism and intelligence when it would come to being president. At least Cruz would have understood the basics in designing public policy.

Trump on the other hand is no smarter or more emotionally mature than the degenerate sitting at the corner of the bar at 2AM spouting off conspiracy theories he saw on InfoWars. Trump is an unprecedented disaster in American politics.

All of his corrupt bullshit should have been more than enough for the large majority of American voters to say "fine, I'll vote for Hillary. It sucks, but obviously anyone is better than Trump."

The shrilary lost because she took the blue collar middle class workers that got screwed over by NAFTA for granted. She IGNORED them. And, she was an even worse candidate than the trumpster.
It ultimately shouldn't be about the propaganda techniques between the two parties. It should have been simple to realize ANY other candidate would have been better.
Then the Democrat Party should have ran a better candidate.

It was Hillary's turn. That is not a reason to vote for a candidate.

As a life long Democrat, I had a hard time accepting the insults and accusations.

And you still continue and some of us left because of people, just... Like... You!

The problem you face now is finding a viable candidate for 2020.

One that will bring back those of us who left.

Which I doubt will happen.

You will continue to insult, while failing to look at yourself and where the Democrat Party is going.

You will riot, destroy and burn.

You have Trump because you chose Hillary.

Now in 3,2,1...

You pathetic rant of intolerance....

So you agree with me that Trump didn't win on his merits, he won on Hillary Clinton's deficits.

Either way, Hillary was the worst candidate.

Yes the far left was so outraged that they stayed home in the key states than come out and vote for Hilary!

Even many of those protesting did not vote, yet they are upset as they are programmed to be upset!

Silly far left drone!

The shrilary lost because she took the blue collar middle class workers that got screwed over by NAFTA for granted. She IGNORED them. And, she was an even worse candidate than the trumpster.
It ultimately shouldn't be about the propaganda techniques between the two parties. It should have been simple to realize ANY other candidate would have been better.

The left winger chromazone shows through again.

No, there was nothing simple about it.

Getting Trump meant you got a conservative SCOTUS (or high likelihood).

So, no....ANY candidate was not better.

I sure would have voted for the liar over Obama the bigger liar.

BTW: Billy....love your thread title. It's so left winger.

And on behalf of a lot of people I simply say FUCK YOU.

If you are so smart....how did you lose so big ?

I didn't read the whole thread before replying because honestly, reading here the past few months has led me to regular suicidal ideation and so I'm quitting the place.

But I appreciate the sentiment of your OP and have just this to say: No matter how unlikeable some folks found Clinton, the election of Donald Trump is reflective of one core truth - the triumph of anti-intellectualism in this country. Once upon a time education and knowledge were admired and desired by people of all stripes; if one couldn't achieve education for himself, he deeply desired it for his children. This was a core American value and why we created an excellent public school system in the first place.

But idiots have always been among us, and for some reason it has now become popular to be willfully ignorant and damned proud of it, and to sneer at educated folks or anyone who attempts, no matter how graciously, to educate or inform.

Donald J. Trump is certainly the most anti-intellectual President we have ever had; his cleverness is solely in the realm of manipulating people, and he has conned 62 million dupes into believing that he cares about them and this country - when in fact he only cares about himself.

la-dhorsey-1478678834-snap-photo

My best wishes to the progressives and moderates who fight the good fight here, attempting to reason with the regressives who are generally not only stupid, but very mean-spirited as well. If they are indeed the future of this country, I weep for all our children.

Gave%20up%20to%20save%20America_zpsaf6dnr4g.jpg

Yep. Perhaps they're just so used to insulting people that they don't even realize that they're doing it.

Nasty, intolerant, closed-minded, narcissistic.

They're not liberal, that's fer damn sure.

Putin and Comey and the low information voters made Trump president

What an embarrassment for our nation

It would have been incredibility stupid to have voted for that corrupt, dishonest and incompetent Crooked Hillary that ran on a platform to increase taxes, curtail the right to keep and bear arms, have open borders and let in a million Muslims.

Oh, and continue with Obamacare.

How stupid do you have to be to vote for somebody like that?

Trump on the other hand is no smarter or more emotionally mature than the degenerate sitting at the corner of the bar at 2AM spouting off conspiracy theories he created in his own imagination. Trump is an unprecedented disaster in American politics.

Actually anyone was better than the bitch, including Trump.
No, that isn't anywhere near correct.

Much easier just declaring the nation stupid right?

Trump won over Hillary primarily because Americans are incredibly stupid

Trump won over Hillary, because Hillary and her pathetic sycophants have made it very clear that this is what they think of most Americans.

Letting people know that you think they are stupid is not a very effective way to win their support.
I don't understand how you people so easily misunderstand the basic premise of my thread. ANY other candidate in the 2016 race is far better than Trump.
We had 2, count them... 1,2 candidates to choose from.

Clinton or Trump.

Hillary was not an acceptable candidate for many of us.

You just can't accept this.

The Republicans had 17 candidates to choose from.

And the democrats, only one.

Why did Trump win?

Low information voters in Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin who bought into Trumps lies and were willing to vote for a narcissistic snake oil salesman

Forum List

Back