Trump would be correct to assert a national emergency in order to build the wall

A fair point, but not a reason to not BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

As soon as Mexico sends the money.
Maybe we could use the money Obama saved by closing GITMO. Oh wait, he never did that did he. Nevermind.

Perhaps he should have declared the GITMO crisis a national emergency!!! It would have been ridiculous but it would have been effective.

Point being that “national emergencies” should be actual emergencies; not a way to fulfill campaign promises.
I realize democrats don't think it's an emergency but Trump does. Elections have consequences.

If he does, why didn’t he declare one on 1/20/17? Earlier you said he couldn’t because he’d be a dictator. Why wouldn’t his declaration in 2019 not make him a dictator?
Never said he couldnt declare an emergency in 2017. Your need to lie and distort is evidence of your defeat.

Maybe we could use the money Obama saved by closing GITMO. Oh wait, he never did that did he. Nevermind.

Perhaps he should have declared the GITMO crisis a national emergency!!! It would have been ridiculous but it would have been effective.

Point being that “national emergencies” should be actual emergencies; not a way to fulfill campaign promises.
I realize democrats don't think it's an emergency but Trump does. Elections have consequences.

If he does, why didn’t he declare one on 1/20/17? Earlier you said he couldn’t because he’d be a dictator. Why wouldn’t his declaration in 2019 not make him a dictator?
Never said he couldnt declare an emergency in 2017. Your need to lie and distort is evidence of your defeat.
If it was an emergency then and he didn't declare it as such, he's derelict of duty.

American citizens are being victimized by millions of illegals and it is clear that the U.S. Congress is unwilling to protect their American constituents.

However, I'm not confident that the SCOTUS is willing to defend the American people and it's possible that they would ultimately rule that Trump cannot protect the people.
If Trump invoked his power to declare a National Emergency to alleviate the crisis he himself created, would anyone object when a Democrat president declared gun violence a National Emergency? Climate change? Income disparity?

Trump created the fear. Trump traffics in division and suspicions. And his supposed crisis is felt only by his fearful and suspicious supporters. No crisis, no Emergency.

But if he wants to invoke this extraordinary action, the precedent he sets will open the door to following presidents for generations.

I would support building a wall

A big beautiful wall, the best wall that has ever been built

But we just can’t afford it. With $22 trillion in debt, it is too extravagant
Maybe when Republicans pay off our debt, we can start talking about a wall

No excuses, BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

No excuses. We just don't want it for at least a dozen common sense reasons, For one thing, it has been reported that Mexicans ha discovered the ladder.

The time for talk was done decades ago. BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

As soon as Mexico sends the check junior.

YOur delaying tactics are noted and held against you.

Why are you against allowing Americans to control who and what enters their community?

Correll, I live down here, and the wall is a sick joke that can be overcome by a ladder, a tunnel, and airplane, a boat, or even a hydraulic splitter. You can park an 18 wheeler next to it, put a ladder on top, and a knotted rope down the other side, charge $100 per person, and make a 23 billion dollar wall obsolete. Here are some photos of the over 130 tunnels that have so far been found under Nogales:

pictures of nogales tunnels - Yahoo Search Results

And he was on the road to precisely that which is what spooked the feds and made them start raising rates fast and furious. Now they have backed off and things will get moving again. Trump has two more years then four more.
Oh, please. By “fast and furious,” you really mean a 1.75 point increase over two years.... or one of the slowest increases in history...

800px-Federal_funds_rate_history_and_recessions.jpg
Twice as often in 2018 as in obamas eight years
So? Still a historically slow increase. Do you have anything but whining for Trump?
a dramatic one year increase from eight years of near zero interest rates.
So? We suffered the biggest economic meltdown since the Great Depression. And in part, due to the federal fund rate. So what if they were gun shy about increasing the rate after the last debacle?

Still, it's gone up 1.75 points in 2 years under trump. A small increase. Especially by historical standards.

My question is ... when does the right stop whining every time something doesn't go trump's way?
Fed raised rates from 0.25 to 2.50 while trump was president. Thats a huge increase.

"The Federal Reserve held the target range for the federal funds rate at 2.25-2.5 percent during its first policy meeting of 2019"

United States Fed Funds Rate | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast

Oh, please. By “fast and furious,” you really mean a 1.75 point increase over two years.... or one of the slowest increases in history...

So? Still a historically slow increase. Do you have anything but whining for Trump?
So? We suffered the biggest economic meltdown since the Great Depression. And in part, due to the federal fund rate. So what if they were gun shy about increasing the rate after the last debacle?

Still, it's gone up 1.75 points in 2 years under trump. A small increase. Especially by historical standards.

My question is ... when does the right stop whining every time something doesn't go trump's way?

And my question is, when do Democrats put the interests of Americans first?
And my answer is dont hold your breath

We already do. We just don't put Republican interests, which are not to be confused with American interests, first.

Americans suffer a lower standard of living as a result of illegal immigration, not that you care. Your loyalty is to your leftist masters in the Democratic Party.

We already do. We just don't put Republican interests, which are not to be confused with American interests, first.
Many republicans dont want a wall either due to chamber of commerce money. This is for the people.

Don't believe everything you read in the MSM. There are at least THIRTY MILLION people currently in this country illegally, and MOST of them came right across the border, in effect, "at night." They didn't over-stay their visas or come in as students. They snuck in.

In common usage, "emergency" refers to something that is urgent and acute Right Now, but the relevant statute does not read that way. It is any situation or threat requiring timely action.

Our Exalted President would be well within his Constitutional and statutory powers to declare an "emergency" and proceed with reallocating funds from other worthless shit to this.

Don't believe everything you read in the MSM. There are at least THIRTY MILLION people currently in this country illegally, and MOST of them came right across the border, in effect, "at night." They didn't over-stay their visas or come in as students. They snuck in.

In common usage, "emergency" refers to something that is urgent and acute Right Now, but the relevant statute does not read that way. It is any situation or threat requiring timely action.

Our Exalted President would be well within his Constitutional and statutory powers to declare an "emergency" and proceed with reallocating funds from other worthless shit to this.
That is ten percent of the population

Oh, I know. They come up by my place in the Santa Cruz River valley all night long in single file. Can't even get to sleep at night because of the "Tramp, Tramp, tramp" of their boots all night long.

There is no emergency on the border. Hence there is no need to declare a national emergency.

Although, one of the charges that were going to be brought against Nixon in his impeachment hearings was abuse of power. History repeating itself perhaps?
Obammy already abused his power with the IRS, FBI and the DOJ

There is no emergency on the border. Hence there is no need to declare a national emergency.

Although, one of the charges that were going to be brought against Nixon in his impeachment hearings was abuse of power. History repeating itself perhaps?
Obammy already abused his power with the IRS, FBI and the DOJ
The Great Obama was scandal free

No excuses, BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

No excuses. We just don't want it for at least a dozen common sense reasons, For one thing, it has been reported that Mexicans ha discovered the ladder.

The time for talk was done decades ago. BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

As soon as Mexico sends the check junior.

YOur delaying tactics are noted and held against you.

Why are you against allowing Americans to control who and what enters their community?

Correll, I live down here, and the wall is a sick joke that can be overcome by a ladder, a tunnel, and airplane, a boat, or even a hydraulic splitter. You can park an 18 wheeler next to it, put a ladder on top, and a knotted rope down the other side, charge $100 per person, and make a 23 billion dollar wall obsolete. Here are some photos of the over 130 tunnels that have so far been found under Nogales:

pictures of nogales tunnels - Yahoo Search Results
Even Trump knows this...

Fed raised rates from 0.25 to 2.50 while trump was president. Thats a huge increase.

"The Federal Reserve held the target range for the federal funds rate at 2.25-2.5 percent during its first policy meeting of 2019"

United States Fed Funds Rate | 2019 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast
”Fed raised rates from 0.25 to 2.50 while trump was president.

No, it didn’t. Your own link shows it was at 0.75 when he became president.

“Thats a huge increase.”

No, it’s not. It went up only 1.75 points in two years. I showed you the chart which indicated it went up 4 points in 2 years under Bush. It went up 3 points in 1 year under Clinton. It went up 12 points under Carter.

And my answer is dont hold your breath
Umm, it would have been in America’s best interesting lower the debt. When has either party done that? Don’t hold your breath for Republicans to put interests of Americans first either.

Americans suffer a lower standard of living as a result of illegal immigration, not that you care. Your loyalty is to your leftist masters in the Democratic Party.
LOLOL

Our standard of living is not hurt by illegal aliens. Did you clutch your pearl necklace as you fell back gently onto your fainting couch?

Many republicans dont want a wall either due to chamber of commerce money. This is for the people.
Then let the people who want it, pay for it. Here ya go, pony up....

Click here to support We The People Will Build the Wall organized by Brian Kolfage

Then let the people who want it, pay for it. Here ya go, pony up....

Click here to support We The People Will Build the Wall organized by Brian Kolfage
Good point

Trump could put a box on all tax forms

“How much of your return do you want to go to build a wall between the US and Mexico?”

Bet it would be very popular

Forum List

Back