Trumps approval rating jumps 10 points

Hopefully this is a trend that continues as the economy improves.

January 31, 2018 - 01:00 PM EST
Monmouth Poll: Trump approval rating jumps 10 points

President Trump’s job approval rating has spiked 10 points over the last month and Republicans have erased a double-digit deficit in the generic ballot for the House, according to a new poll.

The survey, conducted by Monmouth University, finds that 42 percent approve of the job Trump is doing, against 50 percent who say they disapprove. The same poll from December found Trump’s job approval at 32 percent, against 56 percent who said they disapproved.

The 32 percent approval rating Trump logged in the December survey was the lowest for any major poll since Trump was elected. According to the RealClearPolitics average, Trump is at 40.4 percent approval and 56.3 percent disapproval.

So is Monmouth a poll that is 'reliable' now? Or is only reliable if it shows Trump is up

Were you under the impression that I have given an assessment of this polling firm in the past?

I'm under the impression that you're citing the poll. So I'm asking you if you'll accept it in the future as an accurate assessment of Trump's approval ratings.

President Trump’s job approval rating has spiked 10 points over the last month and Republicans have erased a double-digit deficit in the generic ballot for the House, according to a new poll.

The survey, conducted by Monmouth University, finds that 42 percent approve of the job Trump is doing, against 50 percent who say they disapprove. The same poll from December found Trump’s job approval at 32 percent, against 56 percent who said they disapproved.

The 32 percent approval rating Trump logged in the December survey was the lowest for any major poll since Trump was elected. According to the RealClearPolitics average, Trump is at 40.4 percent approval and 56.3 percent disapproval.

So is Monmouth a poll that is 'reliable' now? Or is only reliable if it shows Trump is up

Were you under the impression that I have given an assessment of this polling firm in the past?

I'm under the impression that you're citing the poll. So I'm asking you if you'll accept it in the future as an accurate assessment of Trump's approval ratings.

But with your original question, it appears you believe I had claimed earlier that it was not accurate?

But with your original question, it appears you believe I had claimed earlier that it was not accurate?

I'm merely asking if you'll accept the Monmouth Poll in the future as legitimate and accurate on Trump's approval ratings.

So where are all the righties who are forever screaming that polls are FAKE...and unreliable.

Obama had an average over his eight years of 47.9%, so I guess you could say he was 'underwater' for his entire two terms.
And Trump’s average is roughly 10 points lower than Obama’s.

Trump Job Approval

Great point you made there.
thumbsup.gif

We all know these polls are slanted heavily against Trump and the Democrats ought to be very worried now that if they can't keep his official polling numbers well below 40%, what does that say for his REAL popularity and their chances next time at the elections? Just remember what all the polls showed right before he went on to win the national election. And Donny marches on!
His real popularity is at around 120%, but the MSM will never report that.

Wait, I thought all the bad approval ratings were fake news.

So, if his approval rating has risen 10 points from "fake news", does this mean anything?

The reason that Democrats sitting in the audience at Trump's SOTU address looked absolutely FURIOUS is that it's slowly dawning on them that Trump's policies are growing the economy and that they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of taking back Congress if everyone is making more money than they were under Barry!

Let's be honest here, Kiddies! For liberals in this country...they will always LOATH Trump because he beat Hillary...the "anointed" successor to Barack Obama no matter what he does...no matter how successful he is and polls will reflect that just as they always loved Barry no matter what he did!

The reason that Democrats sitting in the audience at Trump's SOTU address looked absolutely FURIOUS is that it's slowly dawning on them that Trump's policies are growing the economy and that they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of taking back Congress if everyone is making more money than they were under Barry!

Let's be honest here, Kiddies! For liberals in this country...they will always LOATH Trump because he beat Hillary...the "anointed" successor to Barack Obama no matter what he does...no matter how successful he is and polls will reflect that just as they always loved Barry no matter what he did!
Huh? The debt hit 20 trillion for the first time under Trump.

guy, if you are going to stake your whole wad on "The Economy is good", you are going to have a real problem.

We are already overdue for a recession. Tax cuts for rich people never help that.

Trump inherited a good economy from Obama. He just hasn't fucked it up, yet.

Don't worry, he will. Then we can put the "Trump President" next to all the other failures with the word Trump in front of them.

Well, no, we despise Trump because he's a racist, homophobic, misogynistic piece of shit with a mental illness who got in despite the will of the people rejecting him.

Obama had an average over his eight years of 47.9%, so I guess you could say he was 'underwater' for his entire two terms.
And Trump’s average is roughly 10 points lower than Obama’s.

Trump Job Approval

Great point you made there.
thumbsup.gif

I never said Trump's average is higher or lower than Obama's. I'm simply noting that Trump's approval rating has been in an upswing.

Wait, I thought all the bad approval ratings were fake news.

So, if his approval rating has risen 10 points from "fake news", does this mean anything?

I haven't been one of those individuals that have claimed Trump's polling #'s are "fake news".

he was 20 points higher than trump at the end of his first year, so i guess you could say trump sucks.

No, i wouldn't say that.

TRump has never been above 50%, even in Rasmussen's wet dreams.

and this is with a good economy and relative peace.
Obama's ranting would be lower than Trumps, if media attacked Obama as much as they do Trump.
and made scandalous lies about him as the MSM does

Forum List

Back