Trump's Muslim ban is NOT unconstitutional!!

I do enjoy seeing conservatives suddenly completely uninterested in what the Constitution says all of a sudden. Very amusing.

We're just not interested in your false narrative. And btw that door swings both ways. LOLOL
LOLOL I didn't support Obama, genius. As for false narrative, please find the relevant part of the Constitution that says the president can unilaterally ban people from entering the country.

I do enjoy seeing conservatives suddenly completely uninterested in what the Constitution says all of a sudden. Very amusing.

We're just not interested in your false narrative. And btw that door swings both ways. LOLOL
LOLOL I didn't support Obama, genius. As for false narrative, please find the relevant part of the Constitution that says the president can unilaterally ban people from entering the country.

Asked and answered.

Here's the thing with the cult of the Left. If they didn't change the narrative, re-define terms, invent motive and instead were forced to address facts - they couldn't possibly defend their position.

I posted a link to the relevant portion, and I can't exactly post information that doesn't exist so what exactly is your complaint?

That doesn't even make sense.
It does to anyone with reading comprehension. You said I was too lazy to post the relevant information, but my claim is that the power to ban people is not in Article 2 of the Constitution. You're asking me to prove a negative.

Asked and answered.
No, it wasn't.

I look in vain in the Constitution for where the president has unilateral authority to ban people from entering the country based on nationality and/or religion.

It's not based on nationality or religion, dummy. It's based on national security. And yes, he not only has the authority, he has the duty.
So he's specifically making the case based on the country people are coming from and their religion, but that has nothing to do with nationality or religion? Find for me in Article 2 of the U.S. Constitution where the President is given authority to ban people from entering the country all on his own.

You may tap dance around it all you like....post #65 applies.
Except it doesn't, as I've already shown. Repeating yourself without responding to the criticism of the specifics is meaningless.

So the countries are chosen, which is exactly what I said. Got it.

Yes, based on threat. Damn, you're not very bright, are you.
Never said his rationale wasn't that they were a threat. The idea that he's not basing it on nationality or religion, however, is obviously ridiculous based on the fact that he's completely open about it.

Your position is ridiculous. If it was based on religion then no Moslem would be allowed in. If the Swedes were blowing up Boston with pressure cookers, we'd probably see a ban on immigration from Sweden.

So the countries are chosen, which is exactly what I said. Got it.

Yes, based on threat. Damn, you're not very bright, are you.
Never said his rationale wasn't that they were a threat. The idea that he's not basing it on nationality or religion, however, is obviously ridiculous based on the fact that he's completely open about it.

Your position is ridiculous. If it was based on religion then no Moslem would be allowed in. If the Swedes were blowing up Boston with pressure cookers, we'd probably see a ban on immigration from Sweden.
We know that he is banning people from specific countries, but giving special allowances to Christians from those countries. That means he is basing the ban on nationality and religion. Of course this is a side issue, because he doesn't have authority to ban people regardless.

We know that he is banning people from specific countries, but giving special allowances to Christians from those countries. That means he is basing the ban on nationality and religion. Of course this is a side issue, because he doesn't have authority to ban people regardless.

Post #65. Your bigotry is clear.

Post #65. Your bigotry is clear.
To which I replied and nobody bothered to actually respond.

Here's my response if you want to give it a go.

I look in vain in the Constitution for where the president has unilateral authority to ban people from entering the country based on nationality and/or religion.

The Constitution’s text and the various Supreme Court cases interpreting this text suggest that the federal government has the exclusive power to enact and enforce the nation’s immigration laws.

"The Constitution says three things about the responsibility of the federal government for the national defense.

National defense is the priority job of the national government.
National defense is the only mandatory function of the national government.
National defense is exclusively the function of the national government.
U.S. Constitution - Article 2 Section 1 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Article 2 of the U.S. Constitution is the relevant portion regarding the powers of the President of the United States, and nowhere does it give the president unilateral authority to ban people from entering the country. So whatever authority is given to the "national" government generally, says nothing about what the president specifically can do.

It's not based on nationality or religion, dummy. It's based on national security. And yes, he not only has the authority, he has the duty.
So he's specifically making the case based on the country people are coming from and their religion, but that has nothing to do with nationality or religion? Find for me in Article 2 of the U.S. Constitution where the President is given authority to ban people from entering the country all on his own.

You can sit in your chair an amuse yourself endlessly but the fact is it's been done before so I'd say you're full of shit.

Trump's Immigration Ban Recalls Past Laws
Speaking with ABC News' David Muir on Wednesday, Trump previewed the ban, saying it concerned "countries that have tremendous terror."

While Trump’s executive action marks a significant shift in decades of U.S. immigration policies, it isn't the first time the U.S. has restricted immigration from specific countries.

Pierce of the Migration Policy Institute pointed to three past instances -- the banning of Chinese immigration in the 1880s, national origin immigration quotas and restrictions in the 1920s, and a brief 1980 halt of new visas for Iranian immigrants.

U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens: "Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

The Constitution’s text and the various Supreme Court cases interpreting this text suggest that the federal government has the exclusive power to enact and enforce the nation’s immigration laws.

"The Constitution says three things about the responsibility of the federal government for the national defense.

National defense is the priority job of the national government.
National defense is the only mandatory function of the national government.
National defense is exclusively the function of the national government.
U.S. Constitution - Article 2 Section 1 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Article 2 of the U.S. Constitution is the relevant portion regarding the powers of the President of the United States, and nowhere does it give the president unilateral authority to ban people from entering the country. So whatever authority is given to the "national" government generally, says nothing about what the president specifically can do.
The Constitution grants to the Federal Government sole authority on Immigration and relevant laws grant to the President the power to ban a country or Countries based on his order.

The Congress granted the President the power dumb ass. Or are you arguing the Federal Government does not control immigration. Already linked for you.

The Congress granted the President the power dumb ass. Or are you arguing the Federal Government does not control immigration. Already linked for you.
Sssshhh...he's busy amusing himself. Let him finish and mop up the mess first.

Sssshhh...he's busy amusing himself. Let him finish and mop up the mess first.

I think he's licking his wounds.

Forum List

Back