Trump's pals ... and his adversaries

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
It is easy to see who Trump's friends are on the world's stage.

And his enemies.

Referring to the communist dictator of North Korea, “I was really being tough - and so was he. And we would go back and forth,” Trump told a rally in West Virginia. "And then we fell in love, okay? No, really - he wrote me beautiful letters, and they’re great letters,” he said.

At Helsinki Trump met another friend, his patron, the communist dictator of Russia. "I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today," Trump said during a joint news conference.

At the Group of 20 meeting in Osaka, Japan, Trump joked with his friend. He lifted a finger, pointed it at Putin while smirking and joked, “Don’t meddle in the election.”

Speaking of the communist dictator of China, Trump tweeted, "President Xi and I will always be friends, no matter what happens with our dispute on trade."

Speaking of the British ambassador to the U.S., "I do not know the Ambassador, but he is not liked or well thought of within the US. We will no longer deal with him," Trump tweeted.

Speaking of the British prime minister, "I have been very critical about the way the U.K. and Prime Minister Theresa May handled Brexit. What a mess she and her representatives have created. I told her how it should be done, but she decided to go another way. The good news for the wonderful United Kingdom is that they will soon have a new Prime Minister. While I thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent State Visit last month, it was the Queen who I was most impressed with!" Trump said.

For over a hundred years, Britain has been our longest, most powerful, and most reliable ally.

Putin to Trump, "You are doing a hell of a job, Donnie."

Last edited:
  • Banned
As time goes on Trump is getting worse.

Trump continued his fight with America's strongest, longest, and most reliable ally. "The wacky Ambassador that the U.K. foisted upon the United States is not someone we are thrilled with, a very stupid guy. I told @theresa_may how to do that deal, but she went her own foolish way-was unable to get it done. A disaster!. I don't know the Ambassador but have been told he is a pompous fool," Trump tweeted.

Trump wants to deny 20 million Americans of health coverage, including those with preexisting conditions. A panel of federal appeals court judges on Tuesday sounded likely to uphold a lower-court ruling that a central provision of the Affordable Care Act — the requirement that most people have health insurance — is unconstitutional.

Neither Trump nor the Republican Party have a plan to replace the ACA, or Obamacare.

Trump has placed his DOJ in an impossible position. First of all, the DOJ and the current Secretary of Commerce, Wilbur Ross, had already signed off on the citizenship question on the census and began printing the forms without the question pursuant to a Supreme Court decision on the issue. This changed with a Trump tweet, then Trump decided he wanted to change lawyers within the Justice Department.

The courts shot Trump down again. A federal judge in New York has denied a request by the Trump administration to replace its legal team in a lawsuit challenging the addition of a citizenship question to the 2020 census.

U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman called "patently deficient" the Department of Justice's effort to change out the lawyers, who have been working on the case for more than a year.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/07/7393...-team-behind-census-citizenship-question-case

The DOJ legal team is forced to say that everything they have said so far is in error -- including the July 1st deadline -- and they still must come up with a legitimate reason, not a political reason, for the question to be included on the census.

Judges don't like it when lawyers change their tune after the dance is over.

And the dance is over. Trump just doesn't know it.

Forum List

Back