Trump's promises to be kept......or not?

Does it matter?

Actually it DOES matter......Trump was the "change" candidate, implying that what a candidate states during the campaign WILL be followed up with implementation ........

Demagoguery versus Reality, DOES matter.

What matters is at least waiting until the man is officially sworn into office. Get over your loss. You sound like a spoiled little kid. You didn't vote for Trump so what promises he keeps or doesn't keep is moot to you.

Not sure they matter much to a lot of his voters either really, the excuses will pile up as per usual in our political system; "both" sides do it endlessly.

So as you write about the Trump voter turning back the clock maybe it has to do with moving too fast and forcing people to change to your way of thinking?

Now many of you will attempt to bait me into some flame war contest but let me state I am pro-gay rights, support abortion rights, and believe everyone should be treated equal as long as you do not demand I pay for your lifestyle and choices...
Here, Here. You nailed right on the head. That is what the left either doesn't know, or refuses to admit. Either way, it's not about rolling the clock back to some "simpler time". It's about not going full steam down the track in a blinding blizzard, not knowing if the rails will be there. It's about taking our time and doing it right, even if that means we don't see it getting done ourselves. It's about the American way, "anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time." That's how our Representative Republic has been able to stand the test of time when so many have not, and why oh, so many other countries emulate us in their own way. It's about "for the people, by the people".

"It's about "for the people, by the people"."

That's the slogan, not the reality, be nice if we got to that some day.

So as you write how this election is about a select group of people dying out I need to ask you do you believe your agenda resonate with minority groups like Hispanics\Latinos and Asian Americans?

If so why did they fail Clinton this election cycle like the white woman vote did?

I know that Isaac can well-answer for himself...My 2 cents:

Minorities and women did NOT adequately show up for Hillary because......well, because she is Hillary with her tons of baggage aired over the media outlets for decades. Any other decent candidate from the DNC, could have beaten Trump's populist stance and demagoguery.

However, educated women (those NOT simply following their old, white husbands' wishes) might have gone for the democrat candidate had it NOT been Hillary.

I think we both agree she was the main issue but I am going to write this and how the Democratic Party Leaders like Debbie Wasserman Schultz handle Bernie Sanders hurt Hillary Clinton too...

You add that into the equation the Democratic Party was doom...

What happen to Jim Webb?

So as you write about the Trump voter turning back the clock maybe it has to do with moving too fast and forcing people to change to your way of thinking?

Now many of you will attempt to bait me into some flame war contest but let me state I am pro-gay rights, support abortion rights, and believe everyone should be treated equal as long as you do not demand I pay for your lifestyle and choices...
Here, Here. You nailed right on the head. That is what the left either doesn't know, or refuses to admit. Either way, it's not about rolling the clock back to some "simpler time". It's about not going full steam down the track in a blinding blizzard, not knowing if the rails will be there. It's about taking our time and doing it right, even if that means we don't see it getting done ourselves. It's about the American way, "anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time." That's how our Representative Republic has been able to stand the test of time when so many have not, and why oh, so many other countries emulate us in their own way. It's about "for the people, by the people".

"It's about "for the people, by the people"."

That's the slogan, not the reality, be nice if we got to that some day.
Actually, it's the COTUS. But hey, I'm not going to spit hairs... LOL

so all of a sudden you are going to hold a politician to his campaign promises?

For a Trump who won the election based on telling and promising much to a pissed off portion of the electorate, hell, YES, I would like to know if reality trumps (pardon the expression) rhetoric....
Yeah, holding a wanna-be politician to campaign promises should NOT be a novel idea???
yet you didn't hold Obama to all his promises

As explained before, Obama had complete control of congress for ONLY 4 months during his 8 years of administration......Trump has it all now.........

As explained before, Obama had complete control of congress for ONLY 4 months during his 8 years of administration......Trump has it all now.........

Wow that's really a stretch

The dems had the majority yes they lost the super majority with Scott Brown being voted in but they still had the majority for his first 2 years
and right now the Repubs do NOT have a super majority in the senate

so once again we see you are distorting the facts

Once again the ignorance of the far left drones is on display.

Yes you can repeal Obamacare and when you make the new law keep a few parts of it.

Two pieces that have talked about being kept in the new replacement law is preexisting conditions and children staying longer on their parents plans.

None of those have been secrets, except to the far left as they just follow their religious dogma.

The dems had the majority yes they lost the super majority with Scott Brown being voted in but they still had the majority for his first 2 years

Sure.....but WHERE were democrats Ted Kennedy, Byrd and Franken???

Doesn't matter there were still more democrats than republicans in the senate so Obama had the majority

You're choosing to conveniently "forget" that a majority is no longer 50 plus one in the senate.

Here's a quick list of Trump's promises.........You choose the ones he will (or not) keep:

1. Will he prosecute Hillary Clinton?

2. Will he release his tax returns after the so-called audit (or was there ever an audit)?

3. Will a 2000 miles wall be built.....and will Mexico pay for it?

4. Will Trump deport 11 million so-called illegals?

5. Will Trump ban the entry of Muslims to our country?

6. Will Trump sever ties with NATO if they don't pay more to the coalition?

7. Will he repeal the ACA.....and what will "replace" it?

8. Will Medicare be privatized?

9.Will Social Security be privatized?

10. Will tax loopholes be eliminated from the tax code?

11. Will all current trade agreements be renegotiated?

12. Will coal miners get their jobs back?

There are many,many more....but for now, the above will do.....
Nobody knows.
Because political propaganda is a thing
Doing things for real is another matter ;)

1. Will he prosecute Hillary Clinton?

No.

2. Will he release his tax returns after the so-called audit (or was there ever an audit)?

No, and yes there was one.

3. Will a 2000 miles wall be built.....and will Mexico pay for it?

I believe walls will be built and maintained in urban regions and in rural and desert regions you will have sensors and drones... Mexico will not pay for it.

4. Will Trump deport 11 million so-called illegals?

Over time yes. Criminals that have done murder, rape and other felonies first if they are ready for release.

5. Will Trump ban the entry of Muslims to our country?

No. You might have it where countries like Syria will have more requirements but a ban will not happen.

6. Will Trump sever ties with NATO if they don't pay more to the coalition?

No.

7. Will he repeal the ACA.....and what will "replace" it?

Yes, and do not know.

8. Will Medicare be privatized?

No.

9.Will Social Security be privatized?

No.

10. Will tax loopholes be eliminated from the tax code?

No.

11. Will all current trade agreements be renegotiated?

Yes.

12. Will coal miners get their jobs back?

Yes.

Well, thank you for the detailed responses...as usual.

Just a quick question: How do YOU really know there was an audit of Trump's taxes?
Do you really believe in that small mind of yours that if there was no audit no one in the IRS would have leaked it to the press? It was a golden opportunity for a gotcha, but it didn't happen.

The one promise I hope we see would be the stripping sanctuary cities of all federal funds.
That is a great place to start.

Do you really believe in that small mind of yours that if there was no audit no one in the IRS would have leaked it to the press? It was a golden opportunity for a gotcha, but it didn't happen.

.......and do you REALLY believe that the IRS under the Obama administration has taken MORE than a year to complete that mysterious audit???
I mean, gee......how many IRS agents do we have to get an "opponent's" tax audit completed?

He will be keeping the per existing conditions part of the aca....and other parts as well that he wants to keep. He will change others.

.......and do you REALLY believe that the IRS under the Obama administration has taken MORE than a year to complete that mysterious audit???
I mean, gee......how many IRS agents do we have to get an "opponent's" tax audit completed?
Clown, had he lied about an audit someone from the Obama IRS would have exposed it in a femtosecond.

Forum List

Back