Trumps reasonable demand met again, Romanian President agrees to reach 2% NATO spending

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Watching live at the moment, and he raises his contributions to 2% publicly for everyone to see. Agrees that NATO needs to maintain their strength based on spending. This, a few days after Canada increased their military spending, though it's still probably far short of 2% and it's spread over a decade, so this is probably still going to be a problem.

Trump reiterates again in front of the Romanian president regarding the past payments not made.

Trump plays hardball, and for America and free citizens sake, it's important he does.

Last edited:
Watching live at the moment, and he raises his contributions to 2% all for everyone to see. Agrees that NATO needs to maintain their strength based on spending. This, a few days after Canada increased their military spending, though it's still probably far short of 2% and it's spread over a decade, so this is probably still going to be a problem.

Trump reiterates again in front of the president regarding the past payments not made.

Trump plays hardball, and for America and free citizens sake, it's important he does.

And the point to doing that was what exactly? So we would save money. Meanwhile he is raising our defense spending. The strategy was to spend less on defending ourselves not more by making NATO parters pick up more of the tab. :eusa_whistle:

Watching live at the moment, and he raises his contributions to 2% all for everyone to see. Agrees that NATO needs to maintain their strength based on spending. This, a few days after Canada increased their military spending, though it's still probably far short of 2% and it's spread over a decade, so this is probably still going to be a problem.

Trump reiterates again in front of the president regarding the past payments not made.

And the point to doing that was what exactly? So we would save money. Meanwhile he is raising our defense spending. The strategy was to spend less on defending ourselves not more by making NATO parters pick up more of the tab. :eusa_whistle:
I thought it was about the unfair burden? While I understand what you were saying, I was just remembering him always talking about hwo they don't put up enough like they signed on to do.

I thought it was about the unfair burden? While I understand what you were saying, I was just remembering him always talking about hwo they don't put up enough like they signed on to do.

Perhaps it was about fairness. I would like to think it would be about returning value to the taxpayers in the form of freeing up money for bridges, parks, libraries, health care, etc…

Perhaps it was about fairness. I would like to think it would be about returning value to the taxpayers in the form of freeing up money for bridges, parks, libraries, health care, etc…
I wish lol. But that would never happen. Those assholes would just spend it another frivolous way

It's fairness in terms of military burden and costs. Furthermore; let's face it, America has some very nice hardware to sell allies which they would be wise to invest in. Nothing wrong with this, as America has remained the technical leader in this regard.

It's fairness in terms of military burden and costs. Furthermore; let's face it, America has some very nice hardware to sell allies which they would be wise to invest in. Nothing wrong with this, as America has remained the technical leader in this regard.

Good to see we’re still #1 at something. The selling of killing machines! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Watching live at the moment, and he raises his contributions to 2% publicly for everyone to see. Agrees that NATO needs to maintain their strength based on spending. This, a few days after Canada increased their military spending, though it's still probably far short of 2% and it's spread over a decade, so this is probably still going to be a problem. Trump reiterates again in front of the Romanian president regarding the past payments not made. Trump plays hardball, and for America and free citizens sake, it's important he does.
2% is a GOAL that countries have pledged to meet by 2024, so whatever Romania promised has already been promised and is, in reality, nothing new. Trump gets to keep thinking he's a great negotiator and the Romanian president gets a pain in the ass off his back.

Watching live at the moment, and he raises his contributions to 2% publicly for everyone to see. Agrees that NATO needs to maintain their strength based on spending. This, a few days after Canada increased their military spending, though it's still probably far short of 2% and it's spread over a decade, so this is probably still going to be a problem.

Trump reiterates again in front of the Romanian president regarding the past payments not made.

Russia Has a Right to Its Own Monroe Doctrine

The gutless, selfish, corrupt, and dependent Eastern Europeans must be told to defend themselves for once, without any help from imperialist NYETO and American suckers. These weak and tiny doormat nations are nothing but trouble, provoking Russia and distracting us away from America First sanity.

Forum List

Back