Trump's Supreme Court tax records case

The president's lawyers are making the case that the president is above the law and immune to subpoena. Every one of those justices realize the gravity and the danger of exempting the president from congressional oversight. I do not think they are going to let him have this one.

You cannot subpoena tax records unless you are suspected of committing a crime and Obama's IRS found nothing. Congress has no business with his tax records and states should NEVER be allowed access to federal records.

Do the Democrats have the right to examine President Trump's tax records? It looks like that it is just straight up political harassment. Fourth Amendment ...The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated.
Your opponents hold that it is reasonable for responsible governmental bodies to subpoena the government income tax returns of a sitting President when that President is suspected of violating the Emoluments Clause and otherwise profiting unlawfully or unethically from high office. And... they are right.

Do the Democrats have the right to examine President Trump's tax records? It looks like that it is just straight up political harassment. Fourth Amendment ...The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated.
Your opponents hold that it is reasonable for responsible governmental bodies to subpoena the government income tax returns of a sitting President when that President is suspected of violating the Emoluments Clause and otherwise profiting unlawfully or unethically from high office. And... they are right.
no, the Dems are inventing crimes

The president's lawyers are making the case that the president is above the law and immune to subpoena. Every one of those justices realize the gravity and the danger of exempting the president from congressional oversight. I do not think they are going to let him have this one.

A subpoena only has teeth if it has legal precedent. "We hate Trump" doesn't count.

It looks like Kavanaugh and Thomas have common sense on this issue. Hopefully 3 others on the SC agree with them.

...It must have been painful for you Dems to listen to Kavanaugh grill the plaintiff's lawyers.
Frankly, I couldn't give two $hit$ one way or another... but you're wasting time...

Time that you'll need to repair what Rump has damaged so badly... namely, the trust of the American People in your party.

Frankly, I couldn't give two $hit$ one way or another... but you're wasting time...
Time that you'll need to repair what Rump has damaged so badly... namely, the trust of the American People in your party.
Trump has saved America. He has kept Americans very safe. Trump will be seen as a hero.

Forum List

Back