Trump's trade war with China

"DIE OUT"?!

I get it now.

One question, the person(s) you think of, when you say, "die out", could you describe how you see them, in your minds eye as you typed that?

I know, I am just a big meanie! Well, life is not fair.

Things change, people need to adapt. You might notice we no longer have many blacksmiths, buggy whip makers, telephone operators, elevator operators and more around. Those were all once fine, upstanding jobs that you found in every town, now they no longer are.

Should we have designed our polices at the time to save those jobs to help those poor people that were no longer able to do those jobs? Would we be better of if there were still blacksmiths in every town?

There is a thread on this forum about the unions trying to get the law changed so that a store can only have two self-check lanes. Do you agree with this? Should the government do these sorts of things to save the jobs of the cashiers?

Yes, I understand your position. Nothing in my post was a request for a clarification of your position.

My question was, : the person(s) you think of, when you say, "die out", could you describe how you see them, in your minds eye as you typed that?

"DIE OUT"?!

I get it now.

One question, the person(s) you think of, when you say, "die out", could you describe how you see them, in your minds eye as you typed that?

Things change, people need to adapt. You might notice we no longer have many blacksmiths, buggy whip makers, telephone operators, elevator operators and more around. Those were all once fine, upstanding jobs that you found in every town, now they no longer are.

Should we have designed our polices at the time to save those jobs to help those poor people that were no longer able to do those jobs? Would we be better of if there were still blacksmiths in every town?

There is a thread on this forum about the unions trying to get the law changed so that a store can only have two self-check lanes. Do you agree with this? Should the government do these sorts of things to save the jobs of the cashiers?

Yes, I understand your position. Nothing in my post was a request for a clarification of your position.

My question was, : the person(s) you think of, when you say, "die out", could you describe how you see them, in your minds eye as you typed that?

I do not personalize it, as thus I do not have a picture in my minds eye.

Yet they are the world's second largest economy, with plenty of money in there, to buy our products, if they want.

Why are you making excuses for them, dishonest excuses at that?
They did buy lots of food, before trump...

I want to deal with the fact that you made a misleading excuse for them fucking US.

Why would you do that?
You don't come close to making sense. They have been selling us all their resources for next to nothing. We should thank them. They even get to keep all the pollution.

Golfing gator has made the point that those who have lost out in this "progress" need to "adapt or die"

Would you say you share that view?
Certainly to a degree. If you are making a product that can be made much cheaper and at the same quality somewhere else you are in the wrong business.

"To a degree"?

"DIE OUT"?!

I get it now.

I do not personalize it, as thus I do not have a picture in my minds eye.

Would you describe yourself as "Working class" and if not, what is your class, in your mind?

"DIE OUT"?!

I get it now.

Let me give you an example though, since you asked for one and I thought about it a bit...

When I first moved to Yuma Az, there was one mom and pop hardware store. They were outrageously expensive, so much so that people doing large projects would drive 4 hour round trip to Phoenix because it was still cheaper. My first year there both Lowes and Home Depot moved into town. The mom and pop store could not adapt and they went out of business. I had no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Would you describe yourself as "Working class" and if not, what is your class?

My class is first class! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301: Sorry, just kidding.

I grew up with a father who worked for Halliburton in their oil services, as "working class" as one can get. After high school I worked manual labor jobs from delivering groceries to convenient stores and then produce and then as a welder.

Then spent 20 years in the Marine Corps. When I got out, the world had changed thus I had to make a choice. So I got my degree completed and then got a Masters. Now I am as "white collar" as one can get, spending my days looking at data in a cubicle in an office building. In a 5 year span our family income more than tripled due to the work we did and the changes we made. If we can do it, anyone can.

They did buy lots of food, before trump...

I want to deal with the fact that you made a misleading excuse for them fucking US.

Why would you do that?
You don't come close to making sense. They have been selling us all their resources for next to nothing. We should thank them. They even get to keep all the pollution.

Golfing gator has made the point that those who have lost out in this "progress" need to "adapt or die"

Certainly to a degree. If you are making a product that can be made much cheaper and at the same quality somewhere else you are in the wrong business.

"To a degree"?
There may be exceptions. The question was very broad. But if we prop up industries that we aren’t good at, we will just fall behind. Are you not a capitalist?

That is why business supports the policy.

Why do you? Why do the rest of US go along with what is obviously not working out for US?

Nothing I can do. When someone wants to actually address the issue, I'll listen to them.

Are you? Are you really listening to Trump? Or are you letting the MSM tell you how Evul he is, and to NOT listen to him?

What good does it do to listen to him? I don't care what he has to say as what he says and what he does is not the same thing.

Me and you, are to a surprising extent, on the same page. We both want what is best for this country and it's citizens, as a group and individually.

We want to consider policy, by a cost benefit analysis, to see how to get there.

IF, by some magic, the two of us where sent to another world, where there was a President, with an odd and off putting style, who was focused on addressing the issues of trade and immigration, AS YOU SEE THEM, (,ie focusing on the corporations and employers), instead of trade policy and deportations,

even though I might think that is not the best way to go about it, I would pay attention to see what results he was getting,

AND not listen to his enemies in the media, who told me to not bother, because he was "nearly the anti-Christ" or "racist", or whatever.

There is after all, more than one way to skin a cat.

Trump might not be going at this from the best angle. But he might get some results. It would be a shame if that was lost in the noise.

That is what good it does.

No. We have done it Trump's way for decades. I'm not interested.

Well, if you on your side of the aisle, ever manage to nominate a candidate against the wishes of your corporate approved leadership, and he/she addresses these issues, AS YOU SEE FIT, ie (focusing on corporations and employers)

know that I will listen and I will be interested.

"DIE OUT"?!

I get it now.

Let me give you an example though, since you asked for one and I thought about it a bit...

When I first moved to Yuma Az, there was one mom and pop hardware store. They were outrageously expensive, so much so that people doing large projects would drive 4 hour round trip to Phoenix because it was still cheaper. My first year there both Lowes and Home Depot moved into town. The mom and pop store could not adapt and they went out of business. I had no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Describe them as people, please.

"DIE OUT"?!

I get it now.

I described them as I view them. Not sure what more you want?

Would you describe yourself as "Working class" and if not, what is your class?

My class is first class! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301: Sorry, just kidding.

I grew up with a father who worked for Halliburton in their oil services, as "working class" as one can get. After high school I worked manual labor jobs from delivering groceries to convenient stores and then produce and then as a welder.

Then spent 20 years in the Marine Corps. When I got out, the world had changed thus I had to make a choice. So I got my degree completed and then got a Masters. Now I am as "white collar" as one can get, spending my days looking at data in a cubicle in an office building. In a 5 year span our family income more than tripled due to the work we did and the changes we made. If we can do it, anyone can.

Not everyone has the iq to get a Masters. You are above average intelligence, correct? "Gifted" even?

Why would you do that?

"To a degree"?
There may be exceptions. The question was very broad. But if we prop up industries that we aren’t good at, we will just fall behind. Are you not a capitalist?

Gator was talking about people. "Adapt or die", is what he said.

"DIE OUT"?!

I get it now.

Sum them up as well as you can in two sentences, please.

"To a degree"?

Are you not a capitalist?

Trump has played chess and have got the enemy trapped who has just one more move before checkmate

He has China trapped in this way and they will choose the least destructive loss which is they will switch to work with trump and not against

Trump has the Supreme Court trapped to in the same way. 2 liberals voted for trumps issues. That is then scared of the real power behind trump

The military and the men and white men in a landslide

They were business owners that took advantage of the lack of competition by charging outrageous prices. That is their right and I cannot even blame them for doing so, why the heck not. But they could not adapt when they finally had competition, and thus their business failed. As it should since they could not adapt to the changing marketplace.

"To a degree"?

It is an expression, one used in evolution. You seem to be greatly troubled by the realities of life. Have you lived a very sheltered life? Do you get out much, seen much of the country or the world?

"To a degree"?

Are you not a capitalist?

Yes, but why do you ask?

They were business owners that took advantage of the lack of competition by charging outrageous prices. That is their right and I cannot even blame them for doing so, why the heck not. But they could not adapt when they finally had competition, and thus their business failed. As it should since they could not adapt to the changing marketplace.

Fascinating.

I ask you to sum them up as people, in two sentences, and you instead spend four sentences talking about a point we already covered, ie their business model.

Do you not want to discuss them as people? And if not, why not?

Forum List

Back