Trump's trade war with China

Because only SOME of US benefit from having their cheap labor make the products for US. Plenty of US are fucked by that.

Why is this so confusing for you?

The majority have benefited, the ones that have not, have not mostly because they refuse to change with the times.

"The majority"?

At best that metric might be true, in the most limited sense of some macro economic numbers, such as over all per capita increase.

More likely, is that the benefit has gone primarily to a small number of rich large shareholders, while the "majority" get minor, if any, wage growth, while dealing with the negative impacts to the community at large, from a large portion of the population being fucked for generations.

Oh, and your blaming them for the fucking, that is just you looking for a reason to dismiss their interests, not seriously include them in the cost benefit analysis.

Adapt or die out, that is the way of the world. Sorry you find it so unfair, but life is not fair.

1.5 billion people with $6.00 doesn't buy much.

It does when that huge pile of wealth is not distributed evenly, and there are millions of rich people with plenty of disposable income.

And really, it doesn't matter why. If they cannot or will not engage is mutually beneficial trade, then there is no change of US benefiting,even FAIRLY, let alone WINNING, they why the fuck are we even engaging?

Do I need to note this again? Business wants the cheap labor.

That is why business supports the policy.

Why do you? Why do the rest of US go along with what is obviously not working out for US?

Sub 4% unemployment....

122 months straight economic expansion...a record for this nation

110 plus straight months of positive job growth...a record for this nation

yet you pretend we as a nation are doing terribly.

And now you are pretending that you are unaware of the point of macro economic numbers hiding serious economic and social costs.

I've honestly admitted the good macro economic numbers from my first post in this thread.

Yet here you are, pretending that I did not.

ONce again, you seem to be purposefully being misleading.

There is always a small group that is affected negatively when progress occurs, it is the nature of change.

Wealth per capita in China does not even make the top 35 in the world.

China is under the word average in wealth per person.

It is getting better just like Japan did, but it takes time with that many people.

Yet they are the world's second largest economy, with plenty of money in there, to buy our products, if they want.

Why are you making excuses for them, dishonest excuses at that?

It does when that huge pile of wealth is not distributed evenly, and there are millions of rich people with plenty of disposable income.

And really, it doesn't matter why. If they cannot or will not engage is mutually beneficial trade, then there is no change of US benefiting,even FAIRLY, let alone WINNING, they why the fuck are we even engaging?

Why do you? Why do the rest of US go along with what is obviously not working out for US?

Business wants cheap labor Correl. That’s the reality in life no matter what and where you go.
You can twist however you want that’s the reality.
Like I mentioned to you repeatedly. You can ask Trumpy why he makes his products overseas. That’s a fact.

Not working out for us? Like what? We have a booming economy. And you are ruining that without even knowing it.

There is more money than before but still not the kind of money that is going to make importing items from here viable. If we want that to happen we have to quit attacking their ability to grow.

THat makes no sense. We have been fostering their growth massively for decades with ever larger trade surpluses.

The bulk of that goes to US corporations but you know that.

If mutually beneficial trade is off the table, because they are unable, or unwilling to do it, then we should not even be fucking around with them.

SHUT IT DOWN.

Tell that to the corporations, not me.

1. I don't know that. I don't believe it to be true.

2. Corporations do not set trade policy, the government does. THey can certainly have influence, but if we want to change it, the government is who we have to change. Like we republicans did with Trump.

No you didn't.

The Free Traders and the corporations and the rich (to the extent they are a group), all were strongly against Trump.

No they aren't. He's protecting them. How many hiring illegals have been arrested?

Nothing I can do. When someone wants to actually address the issue, I'll listen to them.

Are you? Are you really listening to Trump? Or are you letting the MSM tell you how Evul he is, and to NOT listen to him?

What good does it do to listen to him? I don't care what he has to say as what he says and what he does is not the same thing.

Yet they are the world's second largest economy, with plenty of money in there, to buy our products, if they want.

Business wants cheap labor Correl. That’s the reality in life no matter what and where you go.
Like I mentioned to you repeatedly. You can ask Trumpy why he makes his products overseas. That’s a fact.

Not working out for us? Like what? We have a booming economy. And you are ruining that without even knowing it.

If we had a booming economy we would not be looking at cutting rates again.

If we had a booming economy we would not be looking at cutting rates again.

Hell, Trump is now begging for negative rates! :iyfyus.jpg:

what kind of a special moron wants to encourage people not to save? I just do not get it

What economist supports your crazy ideas? I don't think even trump would ever suggest what you are. Please link to anyone credible who thinks we should drop all trade with China.

The economists were shown to be wrong, by actual events.
So nobody supports your crazy ideas?

You going to address my point, that events have demonstrated those economists to be wrong?
I have several times. For all the internal reasons I have given you.

Dude. YOu call yourself "brain", yet are unable to follow a thread of discussion?

We were discussing why the Chinese have not used those "little pieces of paper" to buy our products as Milton said they would.

Your "internal reasons" were aimed at why wages have stagnated.

You are jumping around a lot, like someone trying to hide the weaknesses of his position.

JUst saying.
Dude you are confused a lot. You have been provided every answer you could want, but you ignore them.

You claim trade is why we don't have great wages. I told you why we really don't.

Chinese were investing in the USA, trump killed that with tariffs. You have been provided answers and links of support over and over...

Yes, but if manufacturing hadn't moved there, we would import far less also.

Not sure what people expect China to do, start taking boat loads of 50k F150's?

There is a lot of money in China now. They are not all rice farmers.

Wealth per capita in China does not even make the top 35 in the world.

China is under the word average in wealth per person.

It is getting better just like Japan did, but it takes time with that many people.

They did buy lots of food, before trump...

I want to deal with the fact that you made a misleading excuse for them fucking US.

Why would you do that?
You don't come close to making sense. They have been selling us all their resources for next to nothing. We should thank them. They even get to keep all the pollution.

"At the request of the Vice Premier of China, Liu He, and due to the fact that the People's Republic of China will be celebrating their 70th Anniversary on October 1st, we have agreed, as a gesture of good will, to move the increased Tariffs on 250 Billion Dollars worth of goods (25% to 30%), from October 1st to October 15th." - President Trump just now on twitter

you cant make it up!

"At the request of the Vice Premier of China, Liu He, and due to the fact that the People's Republic of China will be celebrating their 70th Anniversary on October 1st, we have agreed, as a gesture of good will, to move the increased Tariffs on 250 Billion Dollars worth of goods (25% to 30%), from October 1st to October 15th." - President Trump just now on twitter

you cant make it up!

It's pretty evident that he knows what he's doing. When you're trying to win over a wild stray dog, you extend the back of your hand to let him sniff it, so the dog thinks you're offering a treat.

Trump is a master negotiator.

It's pretty evident that he knows what he's doing. When you're trying to win over a wild stray dog, you extend the back of your hand to let him sniff it, so the dog thinks you're offering a treat.

There is no evidence of this other than a book with his name on it that he did not write.

The only thing he has negotiated so far is the new USMCA and it was just a few minor tweaks that Mexico loved so much they have already ratified it.

Everything else he has failed at or is "still trying".

There is no evidence of this other than a book with his name on it that he did not write.

The only thing he has negotiated so far is the new USMCA and it was just a few minor tweaks that Mexico loved so much they have already ratified it.

And yet, Congress has yet to ratify the USMCA, if I'm not mistaken.

There's your problem.

There's your problem.

True they have not, but it is still not a great job of negotiating, it is a few minor tweaks and a pretty new name. Probably the biggest concession he got was for the US to be first in the new name.

There's your problem.
Isn’t trump negotiating to make that happen?

There's your problem.

No, the Democrats in the HoOuse are steadfastly refusing to even talk about it. They are only concerned with three things right now: Impeach Trump, climate change, and gun control, and to hell with everything else.

Most incompetent and ineffective House we've ever had.

There's your problem.

No, the Democrats in the HoOuse are steadfastly refusing to even talk about it. They are only concerned with three things right now: Impeach Trump, climate change, and gun control, and to hell with everything else.

Best thing that can happen to the country, nothing gets passed.

There's your problem.

So trump lost another negotiation?

There's your problem.

Best thing that can happen to the country, nothing gets passed.

So you're saying the the USMCA is a bad deal? Canada, Mexico, and American soybean farmers are in favor of it.

USMCA: Update on the status and importance of USMCA and the TPA process | American Soybean Association

There's your problem.

So trump lost another negotiation?

It's pretty hard to negotiate with crazy people. They keep chewing on the papers and pens.

Forum List

Back