Trump's trade war with China

It is impossible because the people of China do not yet have sufficient wealth to much of what is made here. Our best way to narrow the deficit was our Ag, and now Trump has fucked that up.

Yes, but if manufacturing hadn't moved there, we would import far less also.

Not sure what people expect China to do, start taking boat loads of 50k F150's?

There is a lot of money in China now. They are not all rice farmers.

Wealth per capita in China does not even make the top 35 in the world.

China is under the word average in wealth per person.

It is getting better just like Japan did, but it takes time with that many people.

Yet they are the world's second largest economy, with plenty of money in there, to buy our products, if they want.

Why are you making excuses for them, dishonest excuses at that?

1.5 billion people with $6.00 doesn't buy much.

It does when that huge pile of wealth is not distributed evenly, and there are millions of rich people with plenty of disposable income.

And really, it doesn't matter why. If they cannot or will not engage is mutually beneficial trade, then there is no change of US benefiting,even FAIRLY, let alone WINNING, they why the fuck are we even engaging?

That is not a reason to do it, but a reason to stop doing it.

Meaningless reply.

The goal is mutually beneficial trade. Your position is that China is too poor to provide that to US. That this can only be one sided.

Then why did we even do it in the first place, and why should we continue?

(And just to not waste time, if your answer is that someday, down the line, they might have enough of our money to be less one sided in the trade, that is not good enough. ADDITIONAL DECADES of our workers being fucked, so that maybe someday they might be fucked less, is not a good reason.)

Because we benefit by having their cheap labor make thinks for us. Why is this so confusing for you?

Because only SOME of US benefit from having their cheap labor make the products for US. Plenty of US are fucked by that.

Why is this so confusing for you?

It's not. I don't disagree.

Golfing gator does disagree. Brain too.

They are pretending that the status quo is all good, and those that do lose out, it is their own fault for not trying harder.

It is impossible because the people of China do not yet have sufficient wealth to much of what is made here. Our best way to narrow the deficit was our Ag, and now Trump has fucked that up.

There is more money than before but still not the kind of money that is going to make importing items from here viable. If we want that to happen we have to quit attacking their ability to grow.

THat makes no sense. We have been fostering their growth massively for decades with ever larger trade surpluses.

The bulk of that goes to US corporations but you know that.

If mutually beneficial trade is off the table, because they are unable, or unwilling to do it, then we should not even be fucking around with them.

SHUT IT DOWN.

Tell that to the corporations, not me.

1. I don't know that. I don't believe it to be true.

2. Corporations do not set trade policy, the government does. THey can certainly have influence, but if we want to change it, the government is who we have to change. Like we republicans did with Trump.

It is getting better just like Japan did, but it takes time with that many people.

Yet they are the world's second largest economy, with plenty of money in there, to buy our products, if they want.

They did buy lots of food, before trump...

I want to deal with the fact that you made a misleading excuse for them fucking US.

Why would you do that?

Individuals buy things, not the collective. That they have a lot of money spread out between 1 billion people does not give them a lot of buying power.

I am not making excuses, I am presenting the facts, those things you hate so much

It does when that huge pile of wealth is not distributed evenly, and there are millions of rich people with plenty of disposable income.

And really, it doesn't matter why. If they cannot or will not engage is mutually beneficial trade, then there is no change of US benefiting,even FAIRLY, let alone WINNING, they why the fuck are we even engaging?

Do I need to note this again? Business wants the cheap labor.

But the trade deficit exist due to individual shoppers.

With better trade policy, we can encourage American consumers to buy American, and nurture American employment and wages.

That is just a load of cow dung Correl.

Buy Americans when that hypocrite POTUS products are made in China.

Did you asked him how much his $34 neck tie cost if made in USA? I will answer it for you .... it’s around $75. Quantity of 2,500.

It is somewhat hypocritical of Trump to be the one leading this charge.

I still want those jobs and wages for Americans.

Why don't you?

cnm has admitted it is because he hates the Americans he thinks will mostly benefit, ie working class whites.

No dude. Since he is waging the war. He is the POTUS..... He should lead the country and stop being a lying hypocrite bastard.

You and Trump can not have it both ways.

So if trump makes his neck ties here... with $75 to produce by the the time it gets out its over $100. That is with $14 minimum wage with legal employees. This is a real live example. I’m sure you want to buy $100+ neck tie. CORREL.

Why not me? It’s impossible Correl. I can make them here no problem but it’s a heck of a move and a price to pay. My products will be so expensive to produce here in US. I might as well close the door and lay off people to save me money. Plus the ripple effect to my customers.

There are thousands and thousands of people like me that are doing business in China. See how much I ( or we ) hate that SOB?

Just imagine if all us come home and makes our products here. That will be so catastrophic for the entire America because of labor cost plus we cannot compete overseas.

I’m talking to you from the bottom of my heart with sincerity and honesty.

Let me give you another example. Medical catheters. These are the catheters that are used for the heart, urethra or arteries. It cost $150 to produce in China. We sell to hospitals here at $275 each and all over the world. It need highly skilled workers like micro biologists, technicians, lab workers in a clean room ISO 14644 for the assembly and packaging.

The same catheters will cost $420+ to produce that here in US. There is no way you can sell that catheters overseas. And way too expensive for the patients. If you think hospitals bills are high. Think again.

Old news; back in the 70s I was making vulcanised components for cars; an engine mount was in the order of thirty or so dollars for us to make. The same item from Japan that was much better quality to make was cents each. Had it not been for "use local" quotas there would have been hundreds of jobs gone at that plant. Mind you; the importers of such items from Japan, after excise, still made a killing. Their margins were huge but the quantity was what was needed above quota. (Oz)

Greg

Old news but still applies today.

Because only SOME of US benefit from having their cheap labor make the products for US. Plenty of US are fucked by that.

The majority have benefited, the ones that have not, have not mostly because they refuse to change with the times.

There is more money than before but still not the kind of money that is going to make importing items from here viable. If we want that to happen we have to quit attacking their ability to grow.

THat makes no sense. We have been fostering their growth massively for decades with ever larger trade surpluses.

If mutually beneficial trade is off the table, because they are unable, or unwilling to do it, then we should not even be fucking around with them.

SHUT IT DOWN.

2. Corporations do not set trade policy, the government does. THey can certainly have influence, but if we want to change it, the government is who we have to change. Like we republicans did with Trump.

No you didn't.

Individuals buy things, not the collective. That they have a lot of money spread out between 1 billion people does not give them a lot of buying power.

I am not making excuses, I am presenting the facts, those things you hate so much

Yes, it does. Especially as the money is not evenly spread out, as you well know.

You were certainly making a misleading excuse for them.

It is one thing if you honestly believe that our status quo trade policy is good for US.

It is another if you know it is bad for US, but support it anyways, for reasons that you won't admit to.

The act of making misleading, even dishonest excuses for China, strongly indicates that you are operating as a number two.

That is why business supports the policy.

Why do you? Why do the rest of US go along with what is obviously not working out for US?

Yes, it does. Especially as the money is not evenly spread out, as you well know.

It is one thing if you honestly believe that our status quo trade policy is good for US.

It is another if you know it is bad for US, but support it anyways, for reasons that you won't admit to.

The act of making misleading, even dishonest excuses for China, strongly indicates that you are operating as a number two.

I do not know it is bad for the US, I look around and see the most dominant nation on the planet that has set all sorts of economic records under the status quo.

I provide fact after fact, you provide nothing but talk.

Why do you? Why do the rest of US go along with what is obviously not working out for US?

Sub 4% unemployment....

122 months straight economic expansion...a record for this nation

110 plus straight months of positive job growth...a record for this nation

yet you pretend we as a nation are doing terribly.

The majority have benefited, the ones that have not, have not mostly because they refuse to change with the times.

"The majority"?

At best that metric might be true, in the most limited sense of some macro economic numbers, such as over all per capita increase.

More likely, is that the benefit has gone primarily to a small number of rich large shareholders, while the "majority" get minor, if any, wage growth, while dealing with the negative impacts to the community at large, from a large portion of the population being fucked for generations.

Oh, and your blaming them for the fucking, that is just you looking for a reason to dismiss their interests, not seriously include them in the cost benefit analysis.

Nothing I can do. When someone wants to actually address the issue, I'll listen to them.

SHUT IT DOWN.

No you didn't.

The Free Traders and the corporations and the rich (to the extent they are a group), all were strongly against Trump.

The republican voters, heard their arguments against Trump's trade and immigration policies and did not buy them, and voted against them, massively.

Literally, within the framework of the American constitution, it would be impossible for us to have made a stronger statement of policy support. We gave him the Presidency AND both Houses of Congress, AND he got to have the Court on his side.

(a lot of this was lucky timing, but even so)

I do not know it is bad for the US, I look around and see the most dominant nation on the planet that has set all sorts of economic records under the status quo.

I provide fact after fact, you provide nothing but talk.

YOu provide misleading facts taken out of context.

For example, yes we are dominate. But that dominate position was not built on Free Trade.

That does not support your position, but you present it as it if did.

That was you being misleading AGAIN.

Sub 4% unemployment....

122 months straight economic expansion...a record for this nation

110 plus straight months of positive job growth...a record for this nation

yet you pretend we as a nation are doing terribly.

And now you are pretending that you are unaware of the point of macro economic numbers hiding serious economic and social costs.

I've honestly admitted the good macro economic numbers from my first post in this thread.

Yet here you are, pretending that I did not.

ONce again, you seem to be purposefully being misleading.

Nothing I can do. When someone wants to actually address the issue, I'll listen to them.

Are you? Are you really listening to Trump? Or are you letting the MSM tell you how Evul he is, and to NOT listen to him?

Everyone is happy Spineless Globalist Obama and Clinton are not selling us out to countries like China, while Trump is taking back ground Globalists like Obama Bin Lying and Bill Rotten Clinton were giving up to our economic enemies.

You and your buddies here are either confused or just flatly in denial....

We have a booming economy, we have a very low un employment. Every one is making money.
Does it looks like someone is screwing with us? Does it looks like we are in trouble?

1. In order to achieve the current booming economy at this level today takes years of investment. It doesn’t happen overnight.

2. In order to achieve a booming economy. Its a combinations of several right and rich chemistries that goes together all at the same time.

3. Our trading partners has a lot to do with that from all sides of America. Coming from north, south, east and west of our border. We are doing very well.

So let me ask you or your buddies here.

Do you honestly believe that our economy is this good without China’s cheap products?

If you NOT. Why?

Forum List

Back