Zone1 Blacks, Jews, Indians and all groups engaged in warfare and slavery.

Discrimination and tyranny has been going on nonstop in America. It has not ended. Despitethe finest lies people like FDR keep telling themselves while posting bigotry, white racism is not a thing of the past.
Neither is Brown racism, or as you are a perfect example, black racism.

Why do Republican right wing whites ask these dumb ass questions? Get off your white asses and work to get rid of the racism in your community.
It’s an honest question, you are the most miserable person that I have ever had the misfortune to encounter in my entire life. Nothing makes you happy. You could fall into a mud pit and come up holding the Hope Diamond and you’d complain that it was dirty.

It’s an honest question, you are the most miserable person that I have ever had the misfortune to encounter in my entire life. Nothing makes you happy. You could fall into a mud pit and come up holding the Hope Diamond and you’d complain that it was dirty.

No, he'd complain that it's not black.

Attitudes have not changed. That is the problem.

I see it totally the opposite. Attitudes are always evolving.

There have been major changes in attitudes since the 1950s and 1960s. Up until the Fair Housing Act of 1968 if one wanted city action on something such a building a neighborhood park, they'd call their councilman and threaten that if action wasn't taken, they'd sell their home to a minority family (most likely not expressed in such polite terms). That's just one example. I doubt those born after us baby-boomers have much, if any, sense of restrictions that blacks faced and therefore can no way share our view of the world.

The attitude that's becoming more prevalent today is one that sees blacks as bringing upon themselves their own troubles through their own lack of responsibility. I see and hear about their high instance of children being raised by a single parent or grandparent(s) being cited constantly.

I still hold the boomers' philosophy of seeing extending a 'hand up' rather than a 'hand out' as being much more beneficial for those in need.

Terms like “white supremacy, European colonialism, exploitation of colonized people” is all kind of a distraction from the reality.

The reality that we all descend from slaves and slave owners.

Blm/antifa/far left attempted downplay this fax or totally ignore it. I’ve even heard some of them say “well. Africans owning slaves was different.”

The USA continue to have poor white people and black majority communities Filled with crime and degradation known as “the hood”…..until we go back to how things used to be in America. That means go back to how things were in the 1950s without segregation. And the middle-class will come back then.
I never got the fax either.....what you describe is a trait that both humans and animals practice, yet humans have the audacity to claim to be intelligent, lol.

I see it totally the opposite. Attitudes are always evolving.

There have been major changes in attitudes since the 1950s and 1960s. Up until the Fair Housing Act of 1968 if one wanted city action on something such a building a neighborhood park, they'd call their councilman and threaten that if action wasn't taken, they'd sell their home to a minority family (most likely not expressed in such polite terms). That's just one example. I doubt those born after us baby-boomers have much, if any, sense of restrictions that blacks faced and therefore can no way share our view of the world.

The attitude that's becoming more prevalent today is one that sees blacks as bringing upon themselves their own troubles through their own lack of responsibility. I see and hear about their high instance of children being raised by a single parent or grandparent(s) being cited constantly.

I still hold the boomers' philosophy of seeing extending a 'hand up' rather than a 'hand out' as being much more beneficial for those in need.
Racism has morphed into a different version than the overt version in the past. Your third paragraph shows us prime exampe of the racist attitude prevaent today. The claim you present misses these facts:

"In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure."
"The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household."

-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

The fact whites have not stopped being racists continues to be ignored. Those whites today whi have chosen to believe that because the racism is not so overt, that there has been some great change in America, dismiss the fact that whites are the ones who have not taken the responsbility they have to end the racism they began here in this country. Your fourth paragraph ignores the many handouts whites gladly received(and still get) that non whites did not get and that whites want to deny non whites today.

Robert Jones sums it up perfectly.

“From its inception, the country’s legal foundations, political architecture, and civic fabric were designed to privilege the well-being of those who declared themselves white at the expense of Native Americans, African Americans, and other people of color. Generation after generation, as the baldest tactics were challenged, white America creatively renewed and reworked this pact to protect ourselves from political disempowerment, economic uncertainty, legal jeopardy, and physical violence. When the weight of the blood spilled by over 750,000 Americans shattered outright slavery, white America picked up the shards, fashioning them into a ramshackle but effective system of sharecropping, lynching, convict leasing, segregationist Jim Crow laws, restrictive immigration policies, appeals to “states’ rights,” voter suppression, and mass incarceration.”
So does Carol Anderson.

“The second key maneuver, which flowed naturally from the first, was to redefine racism itself. Confronted with civil rights headlines depicting unflattering portrayals of KKK rallies and jackbooted sheriffs, white authority transformed those damning images of white supremacy into the sole definition of racism. This simple but wickedly brilliant conceptual and linguistic shift served multiple purposes. First and foremost, it was conscience soothing. The whittling down of racism to sheet-wearing goons allowed a cloud of racial innocence to cover many whites who, although ‘resentful of black progress’ and determined to ensure that racial inequality remained untouched, could see and project themselves as the ‘kind of upstanding white citizen(s)’ who were ‘positively outraged at the tactics of the Ku Klux Klan”. The focus on the Klan also helped to designate racism as an individual aberration rather than something systemic, institutional and pervasive.”

Those born after baby boomers had parents, grandparents and others who lived during that time and contnue living today. The attitude can't be gone if it continues being taught, and it is continung to be taught.

I'm 63, officially a baby boomer and racism did not end because of a stroke of a pen. It continues now and as we watch what whites on the right have plotted and schemed for 60 years to have happen, please do not try telling me how things are so much different.

All people today have descendants who were slaves and slave owners …

Nobody has a right to demand reparations in 2024 because their ancestors were slaves. Nobody has a right to say they deserve more rights or easier access to a job or scholarship based on their religion or skin color.

These points are simply common sense and undeniable facts. But it is the radical left-wing that wants to gain an edge through violence(blm riots) and racism(reparations) on their end

I am curious. Exactly how do the majority act in subservience? And what do the others do that is not subservient?
Basically society has traded belief in the divine right of kings to the divine right of capitalists. Natural inalienable rights no more exist than the divine right Kings claimed over all they ruled. They're just as imaginary. When I say that though people tend to think I'm anti capitalist and I'm not. I'm just anti fairytale as ruling doctrine. I recognize capitalism for what it is, a tool. When you imagine property and earth's natural resources as your divine right it mostly serves the few, who've managed through luck, favor, and force to lay claim to the majority of those resources.

All people today have descendants who were slaves and slave owners …

Nobody has a right to demand reparations in 2024 because their ancestors were slaves. Nobody has a right to say they deserve more rights or easier access to a job or scholarship based on their religion or skin color.

These points are simply common sense and undeniable facts. But it is the radical left-wing that wants to gain an edge through violence(blm riots) and racism(reparations) on their end
You don't set the boundaries of other people's rights.

Forum List

Back