Turkish cleric issues Islamic license to kill ISIL militants

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Madam President 2024
Now we're getting somewhere. Turkish clerics carry more weight than most in the Middle East.

Turkish cleric issues Islamic license to kill ISIL militants

After declaring that oral sex is not forbidden in Islam, a popular Muslim televangelist in Turkey has issued another sensational fatwa, issuing a religious license to kill Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militants.

“If you run across them, slaughter them like you fight with the people of Ad and İrem [two places destroyed by God]. Those who kill them will be awarded and those who are killed by them will be martyrs,” Ahmet Mahmut Ünlü said in his July 23 column for daily Vahdet, adapting a quote by Prophet Muhammad to today’s ISIL militants.

Ünlü, popularly known as “Cübbeli Ahmet Hoca” (Robed Ahmet Hoca) among his followers, also described ISIL militants as “the dogs of Hell.”

The Turkish state had appointed a security detail to protect Ünlü after he was threatened by ISIL earlier this year. “If I am on God’s list, I will die anyway. If I am not on that list, then ISIL cannot intervene [to kill me],” he said at the time.

More recently, Ünlü hit Turkish media headlines with a debate on venereal issues, slamming a colleague for describing “advanced oral sex” as religiously forbidden, claiming that there was no such ban in Islam.

The so called cleric Ahmet Mahmut Ünlü in the OP is considered a loony tune in Turkey and the muslim world in general.

Much in the same way that TV evangelist Pat Robinson is viewed as a nut case in America. ...... :cuckoo:

10 Bizarre Facts About The King Of Turkey’s Social Media Imams

Here are just a few choice facts about Unlu, an imam whose history is filled with as much (or more) secular infamy as sacred practice.

Unlu, who always wears a robe and a turban, started preaching to his Ismailaga sect (a branch of Sufism) when he was 12. But his big break came when a
photo of him riding on a Jet Ski became a media phenomenon, which is not the way Billy Graham did it.

He Has a Hot Take on Mars Probes

“They are ignorant to spend billions of dollars on that because it is all written in the Quran. They ask whether there is water on Mars or not. This is all the work of maniacs. There is no need to spend all that money. If they give me $100,000, I can tell them everything.”

And a Hotter Take on Barbie Dolls

“They make such dolls with long hair that one can comb, they have long legs. These are forbidden because they could turn on a normal person. They look real and also they are naked.” This kinda beats Huckabee on Beyoncé.

And His Take on Having Sex With a 5-Gallon Water Jug?

“Only intercourse within marriage is halal. If one looks for satisfaction out of this, then they are a sinner. But this incident is not a big sin like adultery. Sex with a water bottle is a minor sin.”

He May Be a Snake Oil Salesman

Critics accused him this week of selling shrouds that don’t burn in hell for $160—five times more than the original price. These shrouds, emblazoned with Allah’s names, are supposedly made of deer skin, but that has been called into question. Also, his official site sells an $8 shawl that prevents djinns (demons) from entering your house.

He Has a Foolproof Plan for Scoring Virgins in Heaven

“Don’t tell this to your wives. Whichever man says ‘Peace be upon the Prophet Muhammad’ the most gets the most virgins in heaven. If you are lazy, you get nothing. There are lots of virgins there.”

He’s Not Afraid of ISIS, Which Is American Anyways

In the past, ISIS has threatened to kill Unlu, calling him a pervert. He dismissed the threats, labeling ISIS as a group of fake Muslims created by the American government.

10 Bizarre Facts About The King Of Turkey s Social Media Imams

Last edited:
The so called cleric Ahmet Mahmut Ünlü in the OP is considered a loony tune in Turkey and the muslim world in general.

Much in the same way that TV evangelist Pat Robinson is viewed as a nut case in America. ...... :cuckoo:

10 Bizarre Facts About The King Of Turkey’s Social Media Imams

Here are just a few choice facts about Unlu, an imam whose history is filled with as much (or more) secular infamy as sacred practice.

Unlu, who always wears a robe and a turban, started preaching to his Ismailaga sect (a branch of Sufism) when he was 12. But his big break came when a
photo of him riding on a Jet Ski became a media phenomenon, which is not the way Billy Graham did it.

He Has a Hot Take on Mars Probes

“They are ignorant to spend billions of dollars on that because it is all written in the Quran. They ask whether there is water on Mars or not. This is all the work of maniacs. There is no need to spend all that money. If they give me $100,000, I can tell them everything.”

And a Hotter Take on Barbie Dolls

“They make such dolls with long hair that one can comb, they have long legs. These are forbidden because they could turn on a normal person. They look real and also they are naked.” This kinda beats Huckabee on Beyoncé.

And His Take on Having Sex With a 5-Gallon Water Jug?

“Only intercourse within marriage is halal. If one looks for satisfaction out of this, then they are a sinner. But this incident is not a big sin like adultery. Sex with a water bottle is a minor sin.”

He May Be a Snake Oil Salesman

Critics accused him this week of selling shrouds that don’t burn in hell for $160—five times more than the original price. These shrouds, emblazoned with Allah’s names, are supposedly made of deer skin, but that has been called into question. Also, his official site sells an $8 shawl that prevents djinns (demons) from entering your house.

He Has a Foolproof Plan for Scoring Virgins in Heaven

“Don’t tell this to your wives. Whichever man says ‘Peace be upon the Prophet Muhammad’ the most gets the most virgins in heaven. If you are lazy, you get nothing. There are lots of virgins there.”

He’s Not Afraid of ISIS, Which Is American Anyways

In the past, ISIS has threatened to kill Unlu, calling him a pervert. He dismissed the threats, labeling ISIS as a group of fake Muslims created by the American government.

10 Bizarre Facts About The King Of Turkey s Social Media Imams

Hmmm...so a Turkish cleric says to kill ISIS, and you respond by trying to discredit him.

Your loyalties are apparent.

Because no one is going to listen to him.
Yeah, he has NO influence at all!

vf51MPJ.png

The dictator Erdogan only started to hit ISIS when the Turkish clerics approved it.

And today? Erdogan finally gave the go-ahead for the U.S. to launch strikes from Incirlik Air Base in Adana.

I don't know about anyone else, but my life was on hold until the oral sex thing got cleared up. Thanks Ahmet, now I can get on with my life! :D

The dictator Erdogan only started to hit ISIS when the Turkish clerics approved it.
#1 Turkey is a democracy and Erdogan is not a dictator......he was elected by popular vote.

#2 Turkey's hitting at ISIS had nothing to do with any so called cleric's approval. ..... :cool:
Türkiye is a democracy, and Turks elected a dictator who has consolidated power, purged the military of Kemalists, locked up journalists and citizens who only criticized his moves, censored the internet, and has embraced Islamists over secularism.

The power has always been with the Prime Minister, and the presidency was largely a ceremonial position. When Erdogan was term-limited out of running for PM again, he ran for president, and kept the power of the PM.

You don't want to argue Türkiye with me, son - you're way out of your league.

Forum List

Back